Looking for NEWS on VOYAGER-Galveston!!!

TEXASMUNK

Not the players fault, coaching error! Kill the clock!

OR

UT could have STOOPED to being a low life and RUN up the score in every game (like another coach did), even after the OU QB hurt his wrist, he left him in to run up the score.

45-35

Merry Christmas

Blue Ribbon Cruiser

Default One Word: Coaching

Not the players fault, coaching error! Kill the clock!

OR

UT could have STOOPED to being a low life and RUN up the score in every game (like another coach did), even after the OU QB hurt his wrist, he left him in to run up the score.

45-35

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to you also. I hope you enjoy the Fiesta Bowl while The University of Oklahoma plays in its' 4th National Title game since 2000. I have to admit, Brown has been very successful at Texas...he has won one Big 12 Championship (while Bob Stoops has won 6 over the same period). No wonder so many kids from Texas end up at Oklahoma. Maybe next year will be better for the Longhorns. Colt seems to be a good kid and a great QB. The Sooners will loose up to 9 players on offense (6 seniors and possibly 3 underclassmen to the NFL (including our Heisman Trophy QB Bradford...another good kid), and 2 or 3 on defense. As long as the BCS system decides National Champions, Texas will have problems because of their weaker non-conference schedule. I am all for a playoff system because there will be no more whining. It would have been great to see Oklahoma and Texas play each other again this season (or for Texas to get another shot at Texas Tech).

Anyway, I hope you have a great cruise. Happy New Year!

BCS is a joke, but I do so enjoy STOOPING to complain about how the teams were selected this year!;)

I remember when Jerry Jones was looking for a new head coach, many of us were hoping he would pick Stoops, just to get him out of the Big 12!

Thanks so much. Any tips on how to make the best use of the concierge services?

Have a wonderful cruise!

Patti

Let Martin know when you are cruising and ask him to send you the email he sends out the week before your cruise which outlines everything he does. If I find it among the stuff saved earlier this week I will share it with you. It would be later today as I am about to head off to L town...La Grange that is. I presume youa re in Lockhart.

If one of you lucky souls who have sailed on her already out of Texas has some compasses they could email me, I would greatly appreciate it. We are traveling with a older, first time cruiser who is not sure what he is going to do all week, so I wanted to show him what is gonig to be available.

Thanks!

Please email them to tron2k1 at yahoo dot com.

Thanks again!

Hi all,

We sailed on Voyager 12/14. We had such a wonderful time!! Derek was back for Kamikaze Karaoke. It was his first time on Voyager. His act is just the same as on the Rhapsody. He always livens things up:D. Instead of a talent show, they have a Karaoke superstar contest on Friday night in the La Scala. You get qualified by going to the audition night in Cleopatra's Needle. I think it was on Wed. There are 10 contestants. Eric and the asst activities director "critique" you kind of like American Idol. The winner is then picked by audience response. If you participate be prepared to be teased by Eric the cruise director. It is all in good fun and absolutely histerical. Eric was our favorite cruise director of any ship we have sailed on. He is a regular guy and so funny. Be sure to watch his cooking demonstration with the head chef.

There was a craft lady on board and we made 3 different crafts, a beaded lanyard, memory wire bracelet and beaded wine charms. Pretty nice crafts for free. She had craft classes on sea days in the morning. It was a little odd because in the compass they were listed as enrichment lectures:confused:.

Our cabin was small but laid out really well. The storage was well planned, too. I didn't need my over the door shoe thingy. Sorry I brought it, except, I used it to wrap souveniers:).

We went to Fins and Flippers in Roatan. Loved that place. We had the beach to ourselves for the first 2 hours. The gift shop prices were higher than the shops in town but otherwise the snorkeling, food and everything about it was wonderful.

Then it was on to Costa Maya. Got a day pass to Tequila Beach Club. $20 for unlimited snacks, drinks and a meal. It was nice for the first couple hours then it got WAYYY too crowded. They ran out of umbrellas and lounges. If you go there, go in the morning early. We liked the shopping in Costa Maya better than Cozumel. Cozumel had the same stuff I can get at the Flea Market in Houston at higher prices.

The ice skating shows were really well done. Just make sure and get your tickets. The entertainment all the way around was top notch.

After sailing on the Rhapsody a couple years ago, we were expecting the same great dining room experience. We were a little disappointed. Our waiter was not great. Glad to hear other people had better experiences!

We did hear from some of the staff onboard that the crew loves Texas cruises because the people are so friendly.

Out of 7 cruises (1st on Voyager, 2nd on RCI) I would rank this my #2 all time best cruise.

I am jealous of all you people going later on, wish I could go with you. We had and AWESOME time!!!!

Hi all,

We sailed on Voyager 12/14. We had such a wonderful time!! Derek was back for Kamikaze Karaoke. It was his first time on Voyager. His act is just the same as on the Rhapsody. He always livens things up:D. Instead of a talent show, they have a Karaoke superstar contest on Friday night in the La Scala. You get qualified by going to the audition night in Cleopatra's Needle. I think it was on Wed. There are 10 contestants. Eric and the asst activities director "critique" you kind of like American Idol. The winner is then picked by audience response. If you participate be prepared to be teased by Eric the cruise director. It is all in good fun and absolutely histerical. Eric was our favorite cruise director of any ship we have sailed on. He is a regular guy and so funny. Be sure to watch his cooking demonstration with the head chef.

There was a craft lady on board and we made 3 different crafts, a beaded lanyard, memory wire bracelet and beaded wine charms. Pretty nice crafts for free. She had craft classes on sea days in the morning. It was a little odd because in the compass they were listed as enrichment lectures:confused:.

Our cabin was small but laid out really well. The storage was well planned, too. I didn't need my over the door shoe thingy. Sorry I brought it, except, I used it to wrap souveniers:).

We went to Fins and Flippers in Roatan. Loved that place. We had the beach to ourselves for the first 2 hours. The gift shop prices were higher than the shops in town but otherwise the snorkeling, food and everything about it was wonderful.

Then it was on to Costa Maya. Got a day pass to Tequila Beach Club. $20 for unlimited snacks, drinks and a meal. It was nice for the first couple hours then it got WAYYY too crowded. They ran out of umbrellas and lounges. If you go there, go in the morning early. We liked the shopping in Costa Maya better than Cozumel. Cozumel had the same stuff I can get at the Flea Market in Houston at higher prices.

The ice skating shows were really well done. Just make sure and get your tickets. The entertainment all the way around was top notch.

After sailing on the Rhapsody a couple years ago, we were expecting the same great dining room experience. We were a little disappointed. Our waiter was not great. Glad to hear other people had better experiences!

We did hear from some of the staff onboard that the crew loves Texas cruises because the people are so friendly.

Out of 7 cruises (1st on Voyager, 2nd on RCI) I would rank this my #2 all time best cruise.

I am jealous of all you people going later on, wish I could go with you. We had and AWESOME time!!!!

Great review. Hoping to get some more reviews tomorrow when another group returns. How far is the beach club in Costa Maya from the port? Had planned to go to town and get a massage or two. Glad you had such a good time.

Thanks for the update all - we'll be on her 1/4/09 and really want it to go well as we'll be cruising with my folks and 3 sisters who have less than stellar cruise experiences in the past. (for my folks it's been about 17 years)!

BTW does anyone have any information or stayed recently in one of the Handicapped Accessible balcony saterooms? Would like to share any info with my folks if possible prior to sailing.

We stayed in an E2 balcony room on the Mariner. It was great. It is about 1 1/2 times the size of a regular balcony. The bathroom is huge. They should love it.

We stayed in an E2 balcony room on the Mariner. It was great. It is about 1 1/2 times the size of a regular balcony. The bathroom is huge. They should love it.

Thank you so much - they are in an E2 as well (6304), I've been real anxious that it meets their expectations as our whole family is travelling together for the first time (adults only) in well over 30 years!

The Tequila Beach Club was close to downtown. I'm guessing it was about 10 miles fron the cruise port. You can take a bus and ask them to drop you off at the beach club. I think it was $6pp. Will check with dh and make sure. We took a cab back to the port. Did not have a problem with transportation either way.

The Tequila Beach Club was close to downtown. I'm guessing it was about 10 miles fron the cruise port. You can take a bus and ask them to drop you off at the beach club. I think it was $6pp. Will check with dh and make sure. We took a cab back to the port. Did not have a problem with transportation either way.

Did you buy your pass online before you left, or did you bargain at the port?

Is the Taxi set price, or negotitated? If you would share price for taxi, I think family will do beach club in Costa Maya...maybe the place mentioned in Roatan instead... Personally in Roatan, I want to go to the dive resort I used in the past...snorkeling there was great.

Albean99, Joseph from India was our waiter, too. I thought he was great. ONe night I thought I saw a coffee ground in the cup and started to take a closer look at it and poof! It was gone and a new cup was there in about 2 seconds. His assistant was good, too, but I don't recall his name. We had the second seating - just didn't want to deal with being ready for dinner early after an excursion.

Speaking of excursions, Tabyana Beach on Roatan was really fabulous. My sister and I both can't get enough snorkeling, but Mom is a bit afraid of the water. She likes the beach and playing in the water, but she's not going to put her head in! Tabyana was wonderful for all of us. For some reason there wasn't hardly any wave action, so Mom was comfortable getting pretty far into the water. It was very clean and the staff people were all very nice. The band was great and the barbeque was really good - don't know what makes it "Island cole slaw", but I really liked it. the chicken was also very tasty and the fresh fruit was perfect. It's on the other side of the island from where the ship lands, so we drove over the mountain.

Roatan: 54 unique and different dive/snorkel sites around the island. Nat. Geographic says Roatan is one of the top 3 dive/snorekl locales in the entire world.

If you try, it, please remember to NEVER stand on the coral!!!..If tired, float, you KILL the coral when you stand on it!!!

(Yup personal pet peeve...makes me nuts when tourists stand on coral to wave to their husband and yell "Hey, Fred, take my picture!")

Roatan: 54 unique and different dive/snorkel sites around the island. Nat. Geographic says Roatan is one of the top 3 dive/snorekl locales in the entire world.

If you try, it, please remember to NEVER stand on the coral!!!..If tired, float, you KILL the coral when you stand on it!!!

(Yup personal pet peeve...makes me nuts when tourists stand on coral to wave to their husband and yell "Hey, Fred, take my picture!")

That or when people grab it to pose for pictures etc...

I'm debating taking my scuba gear and diving in Roatan and/or Cozumel... The regulator set up just takes up so much space...and the dive knife...uh probably gets me a trip to the naughty room....

Ok, so I will go pack and if scuba gear ends up packed great....just have to remember the log book and C0card.

Did you buy your pass online before you left, or did you bargain at the port?

No negotiating necessary! Transportation to and from the port is controlled by the port authority, and is $3 per person to go to Tequila Beach by cab or bus, and $2 to return. You may return to the ship at any time you wish, simply ask at the front and a port taxi will be provided.

We did get a MUCH better price for the club by negotiating directly with one of the representatives from the club instead of booking on ship. I took a print-out from the club website and used it to negotiate. Print-out the page found at: www.*****.com/Tour_TequilaBeach.cfm?aff=maja.

Enjoy!!!

Is the Taxi set price, or negotitated? If you would share price for taxi, I think family will do beach club in Costa Maya...maybe the place mentioned in Roatan instead... Personally in Roatan, I want to go to the dive resort I used in the past...snorkeling there was great.
See last post for taxi and bus prices in Costa Maya. Fins and Flippers is a 5 min walk from the cruise port to their pier. We did have to pass by some agressive vendors but we just kept saying Fins and Flippers and they left us alone. I know several people have posted about F&F on these boards, thats how we found out about them. You can also look them up online and see their website. It only costs $20 if you book online $25 if you wait till you get there. They have nice clean boats to take you out to their island no charge. The boat ride took about 5 min and they have boats going back and forth every 30 min. DH had to use the restroom and they took us right out to the island. We didn't have to wait for the boat to fill up. The snorkeling was great. The guide had worked there for about 8 years. The people working there were very friendly. If you decide to go there do take your towel from the ship because they don't have towel rentals and only have towels available to purchase for $25.

Let Martin know when you are cruising and ask him to send you the email he sends out the week before your cruise which outlines everything he does. If I find it among the stuff saved earlier this week I will share it with you. It would be later today as I am about to head off to L town...La Grange that is. I presume youa re in Lockhart.

Hi, Dave. Yes, we live in lively Lockhart. What tipped you off? ;) I really do appreciate your advice. Do you happen to know if we can use the overflow lounge as well as the CL if we are GS but not Diamond? If I recall correctly, last April the overflow lounge was near the Viking Crown Lounge and had a good view. Thanks again for all of your help. Enjoy your cruise.

Patti

Archived