Different Room Catagory Letters & Colors Anyone know what the differences are?

Venusleo1

I have noticed that in each different room category (Interior, Ocean View, Balcony ect.) There are numerous different types of rooms and they all have different colors and letters assigned to them.

For example I just booked a cruise and was assigned an interior "L". What is the difference between an "L" "N" or "Q" interior room or a "D1" vs a "D3" for a superior ocean view ect?

Thank you for your quick reply PH8 but that does not answer my question, maybe I did not ask it correctly.

I am asking for the difference between the different letters within the same category. They all say they are the same size so what is the difference between an "L" interior cabin and and "N" interior cabin?

Thank you for your quick reply PH8 but that does not answer my question, maybe I did not ask it correctly.

I am asking for the difference between the different letters within the same category. They all say they are the same size so what is the difference between an "L" interior cabin and and "N" interior cabin?

Only difference is location..........

Hi VenusLeo, It is confusing and some of it I have yet to figure out. It doesn't seem to have a rhyme or reason. On Freedom class ships an L cabin is on deck 10 and an N is on deck 2. But they will also have within some categories - 1, 2, 0r 3 and it is based on level. Go figure.

I hope this helps. :)

This still makes no sense... I am currently looking at my deck plan

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=06&shipCode=NV&shipProfile=1084&sailDate=1090103&hasNavigation=false

I am in room 6645 which is an interior "N" stateroom just forward of my room starting with the begining of the row is three "L";s, then 5 "n"'s (including my room) then two more "L"'s and another "N".

If what you are saying that the only difference is the location it does not add up. There has to be something else.... anyone else know what I am talking about... I'm no rocket scientist but I know that "location" can not be the only reason.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/ship/decks/deck/home.do?deckCode=06&shipCode=NV&shipProfile=1084&sailDate=1090103&hasNavigation=false

I am in room 6645 which is an interior "N" stateroom just forward of my room starting with the begining of the row is three "L";s, then 5 "n"'s (including my room) then two more "L"'s and another "N".

If what you are saying that the only difference is the location it does not add up. There has to be something else.... anyone else know what I am talking about... I'm no rocket scientist but I know that "location" can not be the only reason.

The insides are ALL the same size the difference is both location and the number of people that they hold and the configuration for that room too. So some will hold only 2 people while others 3 or 4 people and then the sleep arrangments for those people with combinations of sofabeds and pullmans.

When you get to the E's they are all the same size and then the same holds true as above. They just break it up differently and have 2 or 3 levels (depending on the ship) of the same category like e1,e2,e3

Hope this helps.

Some of it is ship specific. On the new Oasis, the Qs are smaller than the other insides. N, M and L are listed as LARGE inside cabins. A lot of it is location, Ns are generally forward and not in as good of a location. Ls often are on a higher deck.

PR again is yet another size inside category.

Generally the Qs are the furthest forward or aft, more so than Ns, but yes, there is very little difference between N, M and L. Qs on Oasis on the other hand are not in such bad locations as they are just smaller cabins they fitted in.

Here's what I've JUST NOTICED about the Interior Cabins (After Studying the deckplans for awhile)

The Pink L cabins are either Connecting cabins, OR Sleep MORE than 2 people.

The Brown Q cabins are FAR FORWARD OR AFT.

The Light Blue N cabins sleep ONLY 2 People.

Texas Teen I am soooo glad you are with me in this confusion!!

I wish they would put out a comprehensive list describing all the different letters.

I'm surprised not more people want an answer about this as much as we do! Curiosity killed the cat but dang it satisfaction brought him back. This is going to drive me nuts! I will see if I can ask someone on board if there is some method to the madness but its going to be a month before I can post an answer (if there is one that is.)

The location just like with real estate dictates pricing, the different categories have different pricing usually.

A deck 2 cabin of any cat is farther from the action, like my ranch (100 miles from downtown Houston) relative to Houston. My house in Houston is much closer to the action and thus on a per acre figure demands a higher price. A deck 10 cabin is closer to the action up at the pool deck, in the wind jammer etc...so it commands a higher price in the same general cat say inside for example.

Balcony cabins are sorted according to both size and location as on Voyager there are 2 sizes and locations from deck 6 on up...higher up higer the price generally speaking.

Color just helps sort them out visually which helps most folks...

Hopefully the analogy helps some.

As Kathy (PH8) told you the difference is location. By looking at a color-coded deck plan you will be able to see where the "L" interior and "N" interior staterooms are situated on the ship and make your judgment accordingly. :)

I understand the question. I'll be interested to see if anyone knows the answer.

I was wondering this the other day myself, when I realized that Ns and Ls were next to each other on the Mariner. When I tried asking my TA, she just said the letters within the interior category are based on where the cabin is located, but as an earlier poster mentioned, then why are Ns and Ls next to each other and in fact alternate in some instances?

I then came to the conclusion, to which a RCCL agent confirmed, that Ns, Ms, and Ls, are the same size, but Ls are either connecting rooms that most often just sleep 2 people or are non connecting and sleep 3 or 4 (there are a few Ls that are both connecting and sleep 2-4 people). Ns sleep 2 and Ms sleep 2. Ms on the Mariner are higher deck (10).

Having come to this realization, I have added another strike against my TA - who insisted on booking our double, triple, and quad in an L category at the onset, when our double could have been booked at an N, saved us a few dollars, and still be located near our other two cabins.

Archived