Can you bring your own bottle of wine on the ship?

bsta78

On Carnival each adult can carry on one bottle of wine.

BUT this isn't the Carnival Section.

Rules say you may NOT bring on any alcohol on Royal Caribbean.

However, many people seem to ignore the rules and smuggle.

It's up to you to decide which course of action you want to take.

I heard that you could bring up to 2 bottles of wine on to the ship in your luggage. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

The direct answer to your question is that RCCL does not permit alcohol, but you may, of course, bring what you want in your checked luggage.

Just be aware that you stand the risk of it being spotted and tagged by security. Worst case, it will either be confiscated or held until the end of your trip.

The answer(like given already) is no...........but I wonder how many pages this thread will go for..:rolleyes:

There will probably be many when the self appointed alcohol police find the thread and pontificate in their usual drivel. Anyone made any popcorn yet? :p

There will probably be many when the self appointed alcohol police find the thread and pontificate in their usual drivel. Anyone made any popcorn yet? :p

and we havent had the usual promotion of the rum runner flasks yet.........so yea, this thread ain't dead.;)

Looks to me like this thread was dead since last night at 6 pm until you bumped it? I think some love stirring the pot. :D

• 1 month later...

Sorry... this thread is not dead....

per the Carnival FAQ page at:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages onboard. However, guests 21 years of age and older only may bring one bottle (750ml) of wine or champagne, per person, on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the main dining room; $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of non-alcoholic beverages. All prohibited alcohol, additional quantities of wine/champagne or excessive quantities of non-alcoholic beverages will be confiscated and discarded without compensation.

so the Carnival answer is 'yes'.. a limited amount at the start of your cruise....

sorry for butting in but.....and I will probally get shot down for this ............why are some people obsessed with bringing alcohol on board? I do not understand , when I go on holiday to a hotel I do not bring alcohol with me, if I want it I go buy it at the bar.

I know people complain about the drink on RCI being expensive but I for one do not want to start a holiday wondering if my alcohol will be discoverd in a case lol

sorry again for butting in lol

Sorry... this thread is not dead....

per the Carnival FAQ page at:

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Liquor_and_Beverage_Consumption_Policy.aspx

so the Carnival answer is 'yes'.. a limited amount at the start of your cruise....

What am I missing??? Is there a reason to post the Carnival link here on RCL which is not owned by Carnival? I dont think anyone is debating that Carnival does allow it.

ok, I get it, no alcahol. No problem there.

BUT....

Sorry I am a carnival person and mom is going on RCCL and she wanted to know if she could bring a 12 pack of soda in a 12x12x12 cooler I gave her. She will be rolling it on as a carry on. Is this permittable,allowed or within the rules of RCCL? It is on Carnival, so I wanted to double check because different cruise lines have different rules.

Thanks

ok, I get it, no alcahol. No problem there.

BUT....

Sorry I am a carnival person and mom is going on RCCL and she wanted to know if she could bring a 12 pack of soda in a 12x12x12 cooler I gave her. She will be rolling it on as a carry on. Is this permittable,allowed or within the rules of RCCL? It is on Carnival, so I wanted to double check because different cruise lines have different rules.

Thanks

That should be fine to do.

Archived