LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Carol, I know this may not be exciting for you (you always go to sleep so darn late), but ask Captain Johnny if, indeed, the ship will be coming into Port AFT first. Yup, AFT first. I heard this from Captain Per in November, and would like to know if this is still the plan. :) What a site it would be to see this from the dock. It will be in the wee hours of the morning though.:eek:
Would be quite a sight!!!!

Carol,

I will be rather sad to see this trip end as I have followed it since day one. Look forward to seeming more photos when they are available.

BTW: "what a thankless job, particular on THIS cruise, with THESE passengers!!!!)". I don't get it. Isn't any day on a cruise better than one in cold, grey wherever (Indiana in my case)?

Sheila

Carol, I know this may not be exciting for you (you always go to sleep so darn late), but ask Captain Johnny if, indeed, the ship will be coming into Port AFT first. Yup, AFT first. I heard this from Captain Per in November, and would like to know if this is still the plan. :) What a site it would be to see this from the dock. It will be in the wee hours of the morning though.:eek:

They had to bring in QM2 that way, didn't they? I would think it would be awful for the crew to have to do that every week. It's not like it's a short jaunt of a couple of berths. Will be interesting to know. I would love to see pics of the ship docking and after it has docked.

Celia... still trying to work out being on the April 19th sailing... keep your fingers crossed! :D

Hey Carol, I think you were probably at La Perla, the restaurant, this is a view of the well known hotel Mirador across the way.

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z78/plhunt2/PanamaCruise078.jpg[/img]"]PanamaCruise078.jpg

Let me see if I can get this one a little larger...it is a photo of the famous divers...

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z78/plhunt2/PanamaCruise086.jpg[/img]"]PanamaCruise086.jpg

I think they are both a little larger. :-)

In case anyone is curious...they dive from the lower left corner in the first photo.....where the light stand is. At the 10 PM show, they dive with flaming torches. We, as cruise ship passengers, rarely get to see that one. :)

Carol - you will be getting off the Mariner, and I will be getting on the Adventure this weekend :)

You have outdone yourself with this Live Post. Thank you SO much for taking us along with you on this cruise of a lifetime!!!! You're the best !!!!

Safe travels home....

Carol - you will be getting off the Mariner, and I will be getting on the Adventure this weekend :)

You have outdone yourself with this Live Post. Thank you SO much for taking us along with you on this cruise of a lifetime!!!! You're the best !!!!

Safe travels home....

ckroby take care of the Adventure next week. We will be joining you the following week.:)

It's probably going to be a little bumpy on the way from Cabo. We had a hell of a storm yesterday, but it's almost all gone. It should be nice for the two pre-inaugural sailings and sailaway on Sunday.

Carol (and everybody else who contributed), thanks for keeping us in the know for the past almost two months. Have a great last sea day!

Hey Rick,

I was at Jean's house on Friday before our Refugees Cruise on the Paradise. She did a great job with your car. The flames look great.

As the kids at my school would say, "Your ride looks sick." (in this case, unlike the ship, sick is a good thing)

Sadly, the rain washed it all away. Now it's just another white sedan...:rolleyes::D

Jean, I heard it is going to rain again starting Monday.:mad: I'm so sick of this wet stuff! I know we need it, but whoever is in charge of the faucet, I just with they would turn it on and off a little at a time!:D

Carol, thank you so much for your insight and sharing of your very special trip 'around the horn.' I wish so much that I could have made this trip, but your plethora of postings and humor made me feel like I was there with you...yes, even in that very long line at the pier!

I know it will be really hard to say your goodbye's, but remember, you'll be back on again in April! :) Have a fabulous and safe trip home.

So how many people do you think are trying to get Captain Johnny to turn the ship back around and head away from California?;)

i dunno??? 3100 or so?????

we tried to get capt ryan to stop someplace on the way home on Ex last week..we couldn't collect enough money!!:p

Archived