LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Carol - So sorry to hear about your house! Nice that you have such good friends watching over it though.

Now you've got me intrigued about Cabo. When we were there in 2006 we noticed a big difference from the first time we were there in 1996. The area where they have the tender dock now was a lineup of old fishing boats before. And, they made it a nice walking venue from there around the marina toward town with shops and such. I was impressed then, can't wait to see it now! I have friends getting ready to board her this Sunday for her inaugural first trip back down to the MR. I have to wait until April though!

Sheila, I was referring to how difficult it is to be a Loyalty Ambassador these days. Some (way too many) of these people are downright rude and abusive to Melissa. I have heard language that would make a sailor blush.

Carol,

That is really too bad, isn't it. Everyone has a bad day now and then, but we should all try to make the best of each day as it comes as it will never return:)

As aggravating as people can be, makes you wonder just how very unhappy they are.

My sister also really enjoyed this trip. We pick them up in Indianapolis Thursday night at

10:20 pm!!

Thanks again for taking time to share your trip with all of us.

We board the Celebrity Constellation on Sunday. I can hardly wait!

Sheila

Carol - Now what am I going to read with my coffee in the morning? Thanks so much for taking the time to include us on your trip, it's been a fantastic adventure for us landlubbers. So sorry to hear about the flooding, we've had water damage, I empathize. Wishing you a safe trip home and easy disembarkation! Can't wait for the pics!!!

Carol, sorry to hear about the water issues back home - hopefully the damage is minimal and most items can be salvaged.

I hope you and everyone else will enjoy the final day today and cherish all of the memories that have accrued over the last 53 days. Many thanks to you and everyone who have posted on this thread and sharing the adventures and insights for the last 7 weeks. As other have noted, now what will I have to look forward to with my coffee every morning:(.

Looking forward to the pictures when you get them uploaded.

WISHING YOU AND EVERYONE ELSE ON MARINER A SAFE TRIP HOME!!!

WELCOME TO LA MARINER AND CREW!!!

Carol-

Sorry to hear about the basement. That happened to relatives once as well. Never a fun thing to deal with.

Have a safe flight home.

To all aboard thanks for posting and giving us a chance to live the cruise thru your eyes. Many of us would love to have been aboard but timing didn't allow it.

Carol

Sorry to hear about the water damage.

When we came home from our cruise this summer, our stupid (6 pound) turtle clogged its fileter in the upstairs computer room. 30 gallons of used turtle water flooded the upstairs, down through the kitchen and down a ceiling light fixture. Not a pretty sight or smell.

We hired someone to fix it, and now we cannot ever tell it happenned.

We had someone come in and check our house daily and God only knows how they missed the flood.

Good luck with the cleaning.

P.S. Slo-Poke may like to swim in your flood!

Just kidding.

Later

Carol, tried to use the "quote" but it would not work????

Anyway, there WAS NO priority disembarkation on the second leg. We also did not get a bridge tour invite, galley tour, and several other things:confused::confused: we usually get. Don't know what was up except the cost of the cruise!

hi there merion mom, this is another merion mom who needs to know where the garage door opener is....want to send me an email or give me a call?

Sorry to butt it, but if you need to open a garage door, without a remote control or inside button, all you need to do is pull down on the rope with the handle on it near the motor. This will disengage the track and you can manually pull the door up. You can snap it back up to lock the door again when you pull the door back down.

Yes, my DH and I own a garage door company...hope this helps...if not...nevermind!:)

Carol, experiencing your journey has been wonderful and I will not say good-bye but hello when I meet you on a future cruise. I know if you are onboard, it will be fun. Also, often the imagination is much worse than the reality. I pray your home is not what you imagine. Safe travels, Brenda

Thanks so much for allowing all of us to live vicariously through you!

Does it seem like you know every corner, piece of art and stick of furniture on the ship? I'd imagine that it would feel like home!

Have a safe trip home, and I hope the flood damages aren't too severe.

Janine

Carol, sorry to hear about your basement problems. Hopefully by the time you get home, it will have been taken care of. You are very lucky to have such wonderful friends to look after your home for you. Thank you so much for taking time out from your wonderful vacation to post so we all were able to come along with you. It has been a pleasure.

SAFE HOME!

Carol,

Thanks for taking us along on this trip with you. I enjoyed reading your posts and seeing the pictures.

Welcome to Los Angeles tomorrow, and have a safe trip home.

The weather here should be nice for you tomorrow. You just missed all the rain.

I hope the damage at home is not too bad!

~~~WELCOME HOME CAROL~~~

Thank you for sharing your cruise around the horn, I look forword to sailing with you one day so you can tell me more about your travels:D

Safe travel home from the port, I hope you can walk on land after being at sea for so long, you know your house will feel like it is rocking like a ship:eek:

Carol:)

It's funny, but I've been watching the clock all day today wondering if Carol was home yet. I did not know about the flooding until about 15 minutes ago, and I didn't realize that she originally planned to fly home tomorrow. I've had the urge to go to the phone to talk to her (we live about a 20 minute drive from each other and meet for lunch from time to time) all day but I figured I would give her time to sift through the mail, etc. before bombarding her. Obviously, that's not the first priority now.

As an aside to Carol: I'm not going to email you (your email boxes must be jammed) or call you just yet, but if there's anything I can do to help you with the mess, call me at any time.

hi there merion mom, this is another merion mom who needs to know where the garage door opener is....want to send me an email or give me a call?

Do you know her neighbor who is trying to contact her? And probably not just about the garage door opener. :)

Archived