LIVE LIVE LIVE from the MARINER with MERION MOM for 53 DAYS!!!

Merion_Mom

Merion Mom....You are living my fantasy of being at sea for so many days. Have an amazing experience and enjoy every single day of it. I'll be tagging along here with other CC readers to see how your adventures are going.

Karen......who would be happy with one B2B cruise at this point....:)

Dinner was at 8:45 P.M. although it will be 8:30 for the rest of the week.

At 8:45 we were the only ones at an 8-top.

Finally, at 8:55, another twosome joined us. They are a father and daughter who are (I believe) of Indian origin, who have moved to Australia, after a stint in Bermuda. ALL of their luggage was lost by the airline! But they have a very good attitude - the 16 year old daughter got to go on a shopping spree at the mall in Orlando! :D

They are with a large family group, and expect to be moved to sit with them by tonight.

Then there is a divorced father with his EXTRAORDINARILY charming and precocious 10 year old daughter. They were delightful conversationalists also.

And last, a couple from Connecticut, who did not bring their adult children with them.

This last foursome (who didn't know each other) had all been assigned to an 8-top of a family, who wanted those 4 seats for family members, and they graciously agreed to move. We consider ourselves lucky to have them.

Liz has decided that she's ok with staying on late seating now. (it was mostly her preference, although I share it to a lesser degree, to have main seating)

Dinner was very good.

I had:

Vidalia Onion Tart

Smoked Fish Tapenade (love that fish & caper combination!)

Hot and Sour shrimp soup

Spinach Salad

Angus Steak with mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes

(fat free/HA!) blueberry & peach cobbler.........which inexplicably came with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream on top!!!!!

Service was very good, once things settled down.

Waiter is Yunus from Turkey. Assistant never introduced himself; I'll try harder to read his nametag tonight.

Welcome aboard show - horribly crowded. One show for both seatings; not enough seats for all. I don't like sitting in the top balcony. Tonight we vow to get there EARLY and sit IN FRONT, because it's MOTOWN!!!!! (spectrum is the name of the group)

Missed the RC Singers & Dancers intro, because we were trying to get INTO the theatre.

Abe Hughes is FULL of energy. He looks like he's about 14 years old. He told us (at the CC M&M) that his mother reads CC and calls him up any time that he is mentioned. So I guess that he'll know that I posted this!!

Frankly, he's adorable, and I look forward to 53 days of his cruise directing.

We lost some money in the slots, then wandered around a little, and returned to our cabin. The luggage was there, and spent time carefully unpacking and repacking.

It was VERY difficult fitting five suitcases under the beds, because that's where the cabin steward stores the bed coverings and pillows after he turns down the beds for the evening.

I bet that he had a HELL of a time finding everything when he went to make up our cabin today!

Carol...........I would appreciate the name of the Hotel Director......if you have the chance!!

I gather you have not heard as of yet regarding the internet usage. I'm planning on sending money with Bobbie for the first two legs, and I'll see you in Valparaiso. I'm officially onboard as of today. And, yes, we got the cabin that I wanted. So, we shall party on the last leg for sure!!

Rick

She is in grad school. :D She's only on for the week. Then I dump her, er, take her to the airport, and cruise for 46 more days with the Divas of the Deep! ;)

Hi Carol, I think that should be Royal Divas of the Deep. ;):D Will see you on the last leg.

Rick, Denice, Melissa was overjoyed to get your greeting, and she says "hi" back at ya!

Mom, Melissa has to be one of the warmest Human Beings I have ever met.. We enjoyed her smile and laughter this year on the Legend of the seas. Hope you too will see that in her too. :)

Hey Carol! OOOOooooo......I'm so jealous! Just got off the Mariner Sunday. I tried to wave to you and Toonjie as I got off, but we were first off and I don't think you were there yet! We were in an E 1 on the hump....8620.....and loved it. I left a big rubber band on the hair dryer to hold the button down while using it. Second time we've had that cabin. Abe is a doll and very personable. We've had him before. You'll enjoy him. Hope you enjoyed Spectrum......they were on for us also and were great! Well.......the whole crew was very excited about the long trip, so I know you'll be in good hands and have an experience of a lifetime. We'll enjoy keeping up with you as you go!

Jane

This thing has actually started? :D Wow..!!! Have fun!!!

Dom was $135 at Sam's club yesterday. I was surprised to see it that high. I ended up buying a bottle of Piper Heidsecker (sp?) and a bottle of the widow. The PH was about $30 and Vueve Cliquot was $44. I will drink a toast to all of my friends on the Mariner, on NYE.

jc

I actually prefer Taittinger. I don't know if it's the actual taste, or the memories of the person with whom I shared many a bottle............. ;)

But it's about $125 (+ 15%) "on sale"! :eek: I can live without it.

Ok, something else for you guys to look up for me:

The champagne in the CL is "Jean Dorsene". Find out what you can!

Hi Carol, look forward to your posts! Say hello to Fernando, concierge. We just sailed with him on Nov 30. Fernando is actually Ricardo's ( concierge on Explorer) brother! Hope you have Marvelous Marvin and Julio ( Inglesias) as the helpers in the lounge. They make a good cosmo!

Looking forward to hearing your comments on many of the already asked question! Helen and Marvin

torpeedo, the C is Allan Fajardo. He's a sweetie.

and what are you going to do with all those Crown and Anchor hats? :rolleyes:

OMG, the asst. CD was GIVING AWAY those ^%#*@( hats at the M & M today!

I'm batting 1.000, by the way. Every cruise, every M&M...........I never ever win anything at the raffle/giveaway.

Hi Carol,

Is it warming up yet?

We just finished packing= 3 med/lg suitcases and 1 smaller one plus our carry ons. Amazed it all fit! We are still planning to buy supplies in Orlando, and walk on the ship on Sunday with loads of carry-on bags...

See you soon :D:p

Mariana

Mariana, the ship is rolling "just enough". I am one who LOVES the "motion of the ocean". I like to know that I'm on a ship, not at a hotel!

We stopped on Merritt Island and were very pleased with the shopping options there. It's right on the way from MCO to Cocoa Beach. I think that the shopping is better there than in Cocoa Beach.

Carol

What about the laundry the other 46 days, gonna find a laundromat? Try the onboard service, not real expensive and they do a pretty good job.

Boy I wish I had this problem! ;)

Tim

Well, we have that *fabulous* $5 off coupon in the coupon booklet, so I'll be using that. And then there's the "stuff a bag" special. It will all work out, I know. :)

Hey Carol! OOOOooooo......I'm so jealous! Just got off the Mariner Sunday. I tried to wave to you and Toonjie as I got off' date=' but we were first off and I don't think you were there yet! We were in an E 1 on the hump....8620.....and loved it. I left a big rubber band on the hair dryer to hold the button down while using it. Second time we've had that cabin. Abe is a doll and very personable. We've had him before. You'll enjoy him. Hope you enjoyed Spectrum......they were on for us also and were great! Well.......the whole crew was very excited about the long trip, so I know you'll be in good hands and have an experience of a lifetime. We'll enjoy keeping up with you as you go![/size']

Jane

I hate that hairdryer button thing, Jane, and so I think that while my laundry is tumbling, I'll run to the CVS and buy a cheap hairdryer on Sunday.

hee hee hee hee hee :p;)

Just remember we are sailing together in May. I expect full details then!:D (That is unless work doesn't improve tomorrow in which case you might see me at the pier on Sunday after chucking it all).

I actually prefer Taittinger. I don't know if it's the actual taste, or the memories of the person with whom I shared many a bottle............. ;)

But it's about $125 (+ 15%) "on sale"! :eek: I can live without it.

Ok, something else for you guys to look up for me:

The champagne in the CL is "Jean Dorsene". Find out what you can!

it is from france, i can only find it sold in south africa and japan. in south africa it is R167.94 per bottle but there was no translation for the money.:confused:

Archived