family of 5 on crown

flbeachmom

my friends are booked for a spring break cruise on the crown. They are a party of 4. We want to go along as it would be a blast and sort of a tradition with these familes. We have 3 kids and dont know what to book. I am not very excited they do not have conn. rooms on this boat, and dont want my teens in their own room. Also splitting up me and my husband is OUT. Any suggestions of what to do??? Booking a large expensive suite is out.

my friends are booked for a spring break cruise on the crown. They are a party of 4. We want to go along as it would be a blast and sort of a tradition with these familes. We have 3 kids and dont know what to book. I am not very excited they do not have conn. rooms on this boat, and dont want my teens in their own room. Also splitting up me and my husband is OUT. Any suggestions of what to do??? Booking a large expensive suite is out.

There is only one choice then. Connecting balcony cabins. No door that connects inside the stateroom, but the balcony doors on most cabin balconys do open so you would have access to the kids room.

No other way to do a family of 5 on this class of ship. The kids would have to have their own stateroom, but with the connecting balcony door, you would have easy access. Sorry!

we did a Dolphin mini with an inside for the kids directly across the hall. We had no issues although their room was always a mess (we took care of the poor cabin steward!). They had to call me when they were in for the night, check in every couple of hours, and go to meals with us so that we knew what their plans were. I was worried too, but it was all for nothing; they can't go too far. I would rather they didn't have a balcony personally! This way we all had our own space. Would do it again in a heartbeat; sure beat the 5 of us shoved into the Carnival cabin where we couldn't even walk when the beds were open.

• 3 weeks later...

Am I correct in understanding that Princess allows families to book staterooms for children with no adults in it, as long as the parents are onboard somewhere? Do the rooms have to be nearby/connecting?

My parents are considering taking their two younger kids on a cruise this summer and it seems on many sailings the 4 person stateroom are already sold out. I think they would be OK with connecting balcony staterooms, but as the kids are 11 and 13, I thought princess would not allow this. Any info/advice is appreciated.

Am I correct in understanding that Princess allows families to book staterooms for children with no adults in it, as long as the parents are onboard somewhere? Do the rooms have to be nearby/connecting?

My parents are considering taking their two younger kids on a cruise this summer and it seems on many sailings the 4 person stateroom are already sold out. I think they would be OK with connecting balcony staterooms, but as the kids are 11 and 13, I thought princess would not allow this. Any info/advice is appreciated.

You have to book one adult in each room. They don't check to make sure you're sleeping in the right cabin.

And here's a suggestion. Bring walkie talkies onboard so you can touch base with your kids periodically onboard. They work great for this purpose.

Children have to be 16 years or older to be booked in a cabin by themselves as long as an adult is booked on the cruise with them.

What the previous poster stated to you is correct, as long as one adult is booked in each cabin your parents can book the 2 cabins.

You'll hear plenty of opinions on this board on whether or not an 11 and 13 year old should be left in a cabin on their own but that is something that is really up to your parents to decide for themselves.

Thanks Carolyn. Not having kids of my own, I had no idea the subject was a high-flame-risk one. Does anybody know if princess has an unusually low number of rooms designed to accomodate 4 people? I'm just shocked at the lack of availability.

we were able to book the kids cabin without an adult because our daughter was 17. The other 2 were not 16. I would never have done it if they weren't directly next door or across the hall; just my opinion though. It was very easy to keep tabs on them and we shared the same cabin steward.

Archived