Tender

cfc525

Arriving at King's Wharf, Bermuda, in June, never had to tender into port before. Feeling a bit nervous :( about it, is it pretty steady getting on and off? How long is the ride, and is the best way to come and go? We would rather spend most of our time on the beautiful beaches or in town.

I think you might be docking there. We did when we cruised to Bermuda.

What makes you think you are tendering?

It is very safe; very secure. There are sailors on the tender dock who will give you whatever assistance or sense of safety and security you need. Often, they will just about lift someone who feels nervous. By all no means, do not worry about tendering. Even if you do ride the tender, it will be a very short distance. You probably could swim it if you needed to WHICH YOU WON'T!

The travel agent said no more docking in port in Bermuda any longer, ships are too large.

I don't know where your TA got that information but it is incorrect. RCCL's Explorer of the Seas is one of the largest ships out there and she has no problem docking at King's Wharf. The other ships that visit Bermuda are all smaller than the Explorer.

Now there are some times where there are too many ships in port and one or two have to tender so that might be a possibility. What ship are you sailing?

Okay, you'll need to log into your reservation on NCL's website and pull up your itinerary. It will tell you on what days you will be docked and which days you will tender, if any.

Looking at the schedule for King's Wharf for June, each week there is at least one day of the Dawn's visit that she is joined by another ship, and there is a possibility you will have to tender on those days only. The rest of the time she will be docked.

I don't know where your TA got that information but it is incorrect. RCCL's Explorer of the Seas is one of the largest ships out there and she has no problem docking at King's Wharf. The other ships that visit Bermuda are all smaller than the Explorer.

Now there are some times where there are too many ships in port and one or two have to tender so that might be a possibility. What ship are you sailing?

THANK GOD!! ill be on EOS and stoppin in Bermuda in May.. and i was not a fan of tendering on my last crusie.. the diesel smell made me sick...

I think the TA might have been confused about where in Bermuda there is no more docking. It used to be that the small ships docked in downtown Hamilton, but the ships that go to Bermuda now are too big for there.

Tendering might seem to be inconvenient, but from everything I've read on here, I would bet if a ship was able to tender right into Hamilton, people would much prefer that to docking at the naval dockyard. I talked to some people on our last cruise to the eastern Caribbean who preferred tendering into St Thomas and St Maarten because the boat dropped you right where you were planning to go anyway, and now you didn't have to pay for a cab from an out of the way dock, and it was just a quick as the cab ride anyway.

Archived