Voltage Question

Woobstr112G

I have a question concerning voltage on the ships./ I had to buy my DW a new curling iron in Sydney since she forgot hers at home. I also bought the converter plug from Australia to 110/115 (US) that is present on the Diamond Princess. Someone also told me that the appliance has to be dual voltage. If it is just Australian voltage, will I be able to use it?

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

I have a question concerning voltage on the ships./ I had to buy my DW a new curling iron in Sydney since she forgot hers at home. I also bought the converter plug from Australia to 110/115 (US) that is present on the Diamond Princess. Someone also told me that the appliance has to be dual voltage. If it is just Australian voltage, will I be able to use it?

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

The Emerald Princess has US voltage (110 vac) and sockets generally spread around the cabin. The bathroom has a 220/100 VAC socket.

John

Bob

I am not sure what the normal voltage is in Oz, but if it is 220/240, like in the UK, then the curling irons will not work without some sort of voltage adjuster which the normal plug converters do not have.

I am not sure what the normal voltage is in Oz, but if it is 220/240, like in the UK, then the curling irons will not work without some sort of voltage adjuster which the normal plug converters do not have.

Correct...unless the appliance is "dual voltage" it will not work even with the plug adapters.....if not dual voltage, you will still need to buy a voltage converter/transformer that will take the voltage from 220 to 110. The only other way to get it to work, is if your cabin also has a 220 outlet (which would have a UK style plug) and you bought a plug adapter that changed the Oz-style plug to a UK-style plug.

Archived