Best entertainment you've seen on Princess

IUFAN

The best we've ever seen was a brilliant pianist named Mac Frampton on the Star in June, 2007.

Oh my goodness, I haven't heard his name in years. He used to play concerts in our town when I was a kid. Since my parents were on the arts committee that sponsored the concerts, he would come to our house afterwards with others for a little get-together. I was starstruck..........probably still have his autograph somewhere.

I'll bet he IS good. I hope I see him on a Princess cruise one of these days.

Shame on you. You'll be a senior one day if you're lucky.

Being a senior and being a pushy, selfish, senior are two different things. He was referring to the latter.

Regards,

T Tail

I don't know where some seniors get their entitlement mentality, but in general they seem to be as bad as teenagers when it comes to self aggrandizement and lack of respect for the presence of others. Maybe it's that reverting to childhood thing?

Several years ago, we saw Little Anthony from Little Anthony and the Imperials. Hits such as "Tears on my Pillow", I'm on the Outside Looking In." A great entertainer and a nice guy.

On the same cruise were the Tokens (The Lion Sleeps Tonite.) A fun cruise.

Don't care to see another production show or warbling vibrato singer.

Smooth sailin'

The talented string quartet that played in the Piazza last February on the Emerald. These lovely young ladies also performed in concert one evening in Explorer's Lounge. Bravo!

Chris

Agreed 100%...these beautiful ladies from the ?Ukraine were on the Golden this Oct/Nov doing the 14 day to Hawaii. We listened to them every nite in the Atrium as well as the concert they put on in the Vista Lounge one evening.

I'd love to see more of these type of classical (but not stuffy) musicians on board.

Phillippa Healey (singer/musician). Better than Sara Brightman. And I think Sara is great. Phillippa recorded the music and singing on the British Airways commercials.

Second best entertainment is shouting "Free ice cream in the buffet!" out on the Lido Deck. It's easy to find a lounger when you do that. :D

My favorite has been Phillipa Healy on the Golden Princess in 2005. She is a wonderful soprano that performed both classical and Broadway (West End in her case!) We were on board when the bombs went off in London and Phillipa gave a special concert that was quite comforting.

I have not heard Mac Frampton on board a ship, but work with him fairly often here in Atlanta. Mac will be on the Coral Princess the first two weeks of March. I will be performing with him in July in Atlanta right before I jump onboard Crown Princess for a cruise in early August.

I don't recall which ship I saw it on, it was either the original Crown or the Sun Princess in the innaugural season, but Princess had a show that was a Cirque du Soliel type show. The stunts that these acrobats did on a moving/pitching ship were unbelievable. I wish they would bring a show like that back.

We have also seen Adam Ace on several cruises and have always enjoyed his crazy show.

Beatlemania, the show was in Europe last summer. The guys got to the ship on time but their luggage and props were lost. The CD rearranged the entire entertainment schedule to work them in a few days later. They were Wow, tremendous. The ship was rocking, a jam packed theatre people screaming dancing standing the entire time. I wondered if the ship was going to tip forward!

Sarge is the funniest guy ever, we have seen him twice and both times we almost died laughing.

For a production show, the only one I liked was Piano Man, it is superb.

Really enjoyed Bert Stratton but my favourite entertainer has to be Brandi Chapman, fantastic vocalist also a local lad from our part of the world Darren Lynton does a fantastic show.

OMG.....you mean the same Darren Lynton who "does" vocal impersonations? I have never seen a theater empty so quickly. Twice.

Come on let's give all the productions show a hands-up. Maybe they are not to all our likings but those entertainers put on some fantastic shows. Sorry,asfar as Bert, we didn't care for him, but then again we aren't a Jim Carey fan and he reminded us of him. When we were on the Crown in October there were two groups that were very entertaining "Epithani" and "Cindy Chavez and Friends". Last year on the CB we really enjoyed the music of "Phoenix Rising" in the Wheelhouse Bar, so this year we were looking forward to spending our evenings there, but we tried and just did not enjoy the music of "Of The Hook"

Come on let's give all the productions show a hands-up. Maybe they are not to all our likings but those entertainers put on some fantastic shows. Sorry,asfar as Bert, we didn't care for him, but then again we aren't a Jim Carey fan and he reminded us of him. When we were on the Crown in October there were two groups that were very entertaining "Epithani" and "Cindy Chavez and Friends". Last year on the CB we really enjoyed the music of "Phoenix Rising" in the Wheelhouse Bar, so this year we were looking forward to spending our evenings there, but we tried and just did not enjoy the music of "Of The Hook"

Hey......I really like the production shows; those kids work really hard. And, they do it again an hour later. There are a few I don't care for, simply because I've seen them too many times. As for Bert, never had the pleasure, but he gets many more positives than negatives.

One thing I find though is that the music in Explorer's is usually way too loud. That room definitely can't handle some of those groups and the guys running the sound are sitting behind their plexiglass and can't really hear them.

We are production show fans also. I don't think I'll ever tire of Piano Man. But, for a different experience, one of my favorite things was a guitarist from the Wheelhouse Bar who sat in the atrium on the Sun Princess in January 2007 and did a Jimmy Buffet singalong, complete with lyrics. For simple entertainment, that was the best!

My favorite has been Phillipa Healy on the Golden Princess in 2005. She is a wonderful soprano that performed both classical and Broadway (West End in her case!) We were on board when the bombs went off in London and Phillipa gave a special concert that was quite comforting.

I have not heard Mac Frampton on board a ship, but work with him fairly often here in Atlanta. Mac will be on the Coral Princess the first two weeks of March. I will be performing with him in July in Atlanta right before I jump onboard Crown Princess for a cruise in early August.

Cool; I live in Atlanta -- I will look for him here if not onboard.

Have never seen Bert; seems he's on when I'm not. As for Piano Man......YIKES! That show has been around for a zillion years. Boooorrrrrrrrinng.

Never seen Bert but tried watching about 20 mins of Piano Man twice and thought...ummm no thanks.......

The CB cruise we were on our 16 year old son fell in love with Freddy the female staff member giving information on the CB's shopping channel...over and over again.....she was very take charge and forceful....it was too funny, everytime he had a chance to watch her on TV, he would. It was cute and we had a huge laugh about it. I wish I could have see if she is on youtube

We love the comedians we have seen on every cruise :) Most of them are family friendly but gut aching funny :)

Being a senior and being a pushy, selfish, senior are two different things. He was referring to the latter.

Regards,

T Tail

I don't know where some seniors get their entitlement mentality, but in general they seem to be as bad as teenagers when it comes to self aggrandizement and lack of respect for the presence of others. Maybe it's that reverting to childhood thing?

Please don't be an apologist for him.

Archived