Price reductions

Whale Shark

Hi, Does anyone know whether price reductions occur regularly on Azamara cruises (as with X cruises). I'm a few weeks out to my final payment and I've been monitoring the price of my cruise since I booked it (no movement in prices). The thing is, I've been told that once final payment is made, price reductions (regardless of whether its a new booking only or normal price reduction) will not be passed on and that this is a Azamara UK policy.

My agent has in the passed been able to have a price reduction applied after payment in the UK but maybe things have changed since - on another trip we did not get a reduction but they got us On board credit.

Maybe the policy has changed since then

It is hard as we have to make payment so much earlier than in the US

Hope you are well; we hope to be off to Singapore for our trip next week

A

Hi!!! Nice to "meet" you on the boards again after 6 months? I hope you've been well. Any questions on Singapore please don't hesitate to ask. Do you think you can send me the contact details of your agent (marktan78@gmail.com)? Most agents I call are saying the same thing - no price reductions, no changes, no nothing. The upside of booking through a UK agent though is that you can book a flycruise with transfers included so that takes away the hassles of booking flights - plus you pay by sterling, which is so weak at the moment.

Hi Everyone !

Just as a quick reminder, please do not discuss Travel Agents names, as this is against our Guidlines.

Thank you for your cooperation !

I am booked on the Journey at the end of this month. We did have a price reduction about 4 weeks ago and I check the prices daily. Today the price has increased as the ship is almost sold out. Good luck and enjoy your cruise...

We are on the Quest sailing on the 28th February. Our final payment was on the 19th December.

A few days later the prices dropped quite dramatically. I had read on C.C. that Celebrity, RCL and Azamara will honour price decreases after final payment so I asked our T.A.

Sure enough, we were able to take advantage of the price decrease and within a week we received a credit back on our AMEX for the difference in the price. This was direct from Celebrity.

Thanks very much Azumara.

Jennie

i am a little confused about price reductions maybe someone can help out a bit

we live in canada and use a full service t/a

depending upon the f/x rate we pay in either $us or $cdn and we never pay the price listed on the X or Az website

the price we pay is always less than the rack rate (no one actually pays the advertised Az price)

our t/a has always provided a discount so our cost is always lower than the advertised price

we always travel in ss cat or higher

from time to time i do look and see if the X or Az pricing has changed for cruises we have booked but they dont seem to change (could be my bad memory?) until just recently

it seems to me the Az price for our 6/18 cruise has actually been increased by maybe $5-600 pp ?? it is now almost $3000 more than we are required to pay

anyway what i wonder is if the advertised price is actually reduced prior to sailing but i have paid quite a bit less than that, does anyone think i should be entiteld to a further discount??

it seems to me the Az price for our 6/18 cruise has actually been increased by maybe $5-600 pp ?? it is now almost $3000 more than we are required to pay

anyway what i wonder is if the advertised price is actually reduced prior to sailing but i have paid quite a bit less than that, does anyone think i should be entiteld to a further discount??

Well you confused the heck out of me

You are saying your cruise has increased in price since you booked it but you want a discount??????

Is that correct?

we always travel in ss cat or higher

Yes. Your TA based your discounted fare on the prices at the time you booked. If they have fallen, then she should re-price your booking.

Cat. SSs are a good commission - much better than insides & outsides!! It makes perfect sense that she would have discounted your fare.

Archived