Perhaps an odd questions....!

booboo4031

Does anyone know if there is a time of year that there are fewer kids on the disney cruises? I would like to do one to see the Disney ships but I don't have kids and would like to pick a time that might be a little quieter than others.

Thanks

Does anyone know if there is a time of year that there are fewer kids on the disney cruises? I would like to do one to see the Disney ships but I don't have kids and would like to pick a time that might be a little quieter than others.

Thanks

wife and i are going on our third Disney cruise this September without kids. Even when the ship is full of kids you hardly see them.

It's magic.

I would imagine as long as schools are in session there be less kids to some degree.

Bill

Thanks

The issue of adult cruises is explored here frequently. Let me assure you, that no matter what time of year you go, you can enjoy yourself without kids. We've gone on five cruises, only two of them with our kids and the second time, they were all teenagers. There are adult only areas of the ship; an adult-only pool, adult-only nightclubs and a private adult-only beach on Castaway Cay. Disney is very good about making sure that children under 18 do not intrude on these areas. There is also an aduly on restaurant, that has an slight additional fee, called Palo. I've found that the dining rotations are set up so that most of the families with kids eat together and most of the adult travling without kids eat together. Of course you have a better chance of that happening if you don't mind the late seating.

But, to answer your question, time of the year is hard of pin down. Of course summer and the holidays will have more kids, but even during other times of the year, you run into different school vacations. We sailed this past October and many of the mid-west states were on a mid-semester break and there were also a lot of Canadians that were on break as well. Didn't bother us at all, as we were hardly aware that the little munchkins were on board :p

My husband and I do not have kids and we are going in March of this year. I don't know how much you've read about Disney Cruises, but there are several places on the ship where kids are not allowed (including an entire resturant). There is an adults only pool, and several bars and kids are not allowed in the spa or fitness area either. Probably the best time with fewer kids though would be early winter and early fall (Jan/Feb and Sept/Oct). I don't think March will be too bad either though.

Your best bet is to avoid summer, spring break, and winter break. Also avoid any weeks with a national holiday in them as many parents (myself included) will take advantage of long weekends like that.

That said, we have been on 3 DCL cruises so far and never had a problem with the number of children. In fact, I have commented numerous times that I felt the children have been better behaved, more polite, and more enjoyable to be around than many of the adults. It's amazing how many adults have lost the art of being courteous.

Jim

Also special cruises are a good time to go. A year or two ago they did a two southern caribbean cruises, one 10 day and one 11 day. They occurred during the school year and there were noticeably fewer kids as compared to the 7 day cruise we took a few years ago.

Also on these types of cruises they offer more unique activities. For example they had the GM from the Napa Rose at the Disneyland resort. He is also a chef and gave a series of cooking demonstrations which included samples of what he cooked. It was great.

We sailed on the Wonder last November the week before thankgiving. It was only the 3 night but I was surprised how few children their seemed to be. Although we had our 6yr old with us, I was concerned that it would be full of kids and it wasn't like that at all!

Enjoy as it was such a great trip!

The best time is April and October. We don't have children and frankly aren't real big fans, but you honestly don't see/hear from them very much. We like second seating and Disney is great about trying to have an "adults only" dining rotation. Believe it or not, on second seating, and the adult rotation, you may not even see a child under 15 or so.

We went the last week of April (not near Easter that year!) and I would say the kid/adult ratio was equal to that of other lines that I have sailed.

I give Disney 2 thumbs up for their adult only areas! How wonderful it was to have the adult pool actually be child free! That part of the deck was so peaceful and relaxing. I have NEVER been on another line that enforced the adults only pool area.

Castaway Cay is another fantastic place to go and relax without kids at the adults only beach.

Palo is amazing and worth the extra charge and is totally kid free. They offer dinner and an amazing brunch...do both!

You will LOVE your Disney cruise!

My mom & sis went with us last Oct. and on the last day the kids do a little show in the theater. My mom was just amazed when rows & rows of kids came out to sing. She kept saying "where have all these kids been all week?" It's true if you have late seating & enjoy the adult only areas, it won't seem like there are many kids onboard. DCL does an awesome job of keeping everyone happy! :D

Archived