New York Kennedy Airport to Manattan?

bccruiser2007

There's no way to answer your question with such little information.

First of all, are you on a tight budget? How many people are travelling together?

If you're a group of 4, then taking a taxi is going to cost less than taking a bus or shuttle service because a taxi charges by the ride, and a bus or shuttle charges by the person.

The better info you give, the better info you'll get.

Between a private car vs a taxi, I'd take the taxi. The taxi probably costs less and is easy to get. When you exit the airport, just get onto the taxi line. It's a flat fare into Manhattan ($45 or $50 I forget, plus toll and tip) Ignore the guys that walk up to you and ask you if you want a taxi - taxi drivers are not allowed to leave their cars, or solicit business. These guys are not taxi's, and some of them are thieves that will quote you one price but ask for a higher one when you get to your destination and will hold your luggage as ransom.

If you want to use a shuttle service, Airlink is a good one.

the flat fare for a yellow taxi from JFK to and from Manhattan is $45 plus toll and tip...runs about $60 in total....

car services are slight less.

http://www.carmellimo.com as example(they have fares on their website)

the difference is a the yellow cab you just get on line and get in, you have to meet the limo at a set place and sometimes wait for them. Airlink and http://www.supershuttle.com have shared van service that picks you up and drops you off and is slightly less expensive.....I like the vans its easier with the luggage but I mostly take private car service as I use a local one and they accommodate my needs....

Thanks SMeyer for the advice. Arrived in NY last night and took Carmel Limo from JFK to Manhattan. Once we got our luggage, called CarmelLimo that we pre booked and they were there in 10 minutes. Saved time from the long lineup for the taxis. Cost was $45.00 plus $5.00 for the tolls. Clean car with lots of room.

BC Cruiser

Carmel Limo keep thanking me for choosing them, they don't seem to get the message that I haven't!!!!

They refuse to deal with my enquiry via email and just keep insisting I call them, despite my insistence that I am in the UK, and it's not practical for me to do so!

Sorry but I'm not impressed at all!!!

Annette,

I never use Carmel. I've had some bad times with them. Twice they've left me stranded. I use AllState and others, which I listed.

Sounds like just the sort of company I imagine them to be then, certainly not suitable for two females travelling nervously alone!!!

Sorry but I can't see the list you mention, despite scrolling back up the page, would you mind repeating it?

What is the carbon footprint at the generating plant where the electricity to charge the cab battery? Electricity does not come free.

DON

The vast majority of electricity in NY state comes from Natural gas(43%) then Nuclear(35%) then coal(10%) and finally oil(6%) in NY City the rest is made up or Hydro, solar, wind and solid waste. So actually the foot print is pretty small. Its still a lot better than either diesel or gasoline.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have any information on Super Shuttle from airport to Manhattan hotels and return to/from La Guardia? Do they have a discount code to use? I used them in Los Angeles getting to San Pedro hotels last November and they were pretty good.

Don't use Carmel. The last time I went to NY we used them and the van they sent was in such poor condition that I wondered if we would get safely to the hotel in Brooklyn. The driver also wasn't very friendly. We had them for the return from the ship and I cancelled when I found someone else thanks to the Marriott hotel we were in.

You can always take the airtrain and save money and the carbon footprint but most people don't agree with me.:D

My wife and I used the airtrain + LIRR to Penn Station. It worked out great! I think it was $7 each.

We will be flying into JFK in May and plan to use it again.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

My wife and I used the airtrain + LIRR to Penn Station. It worked out great! I think it was $7 each.

We will be flying into JFK in May and plan to use it again.

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Yay! I think I should start keeping a record of all the posters who report back that they tried the airtrain and loved it, as proof. :D;)

I tried SuperShuttle. I booked on line and then was to call from the terminal when I got in. I called, and waited 40 min. for the driver to pick me up. The van was almost full and then we went to another terminal to pick up others before setting off for Manhattan. The driver never spoke, even to say hello. We made two stops before we got to my hotel and again the driver never spoke. It was $24.95. Next time I'll cab it. The aggravation to save the money was not worth it.

Anyone have any information on Super Shuttle from airport to Manhattan hotels and return to/from La Guardia? Do they have a discount code to use? I used them in Los Angeles getting to San Pedro hotels last November and they were pretty good.

Don't use Carmel. The last time I went to NY we used them and the van they sent was in such poor condition that I wondered if we would get safely to the hotel in Brooklyn. The driver also wasn't very friendly. We had them for the return from the ship and I cancelled when I found someone else thanks to the Marriott hotel we were in.

You DO NOT want to use Super Shuttle in the NYC metro airports. It takes forever and if you have two or more people, a car service is only a few more dollars.

After years of using Carmel Limo with no problems, I started having problems with them and switched to Dial 7.

After years of using Carmel Limo with no problems, I started having problems with them and switched to Dial 7.

I contacted Dial 7, and while they at least respond to email, they aren't the sort of service we were loking for either!

Thankfully I think we have found someone who does offer what we want, and he has been extremely helpful!!!

Archived