Navigator Internet

chez

We are sailing on the Navigator on January 26 on our first Regent cruise - having already 6 cruises on Oceania. Our document package arrived yesterday and we were somewhat disappointed with the presentation (compared to Oceania's). We were wondering if anyone could enlighten us about the "nominal charges" for internet access both in their computer room and via WiFi in our suite. Thanks in advance for your help.

Time Plan #1: $0.25 per minute - 250 minutes for $62.50

Time Plan #2: $0.35 per minute - 100 minutes for $35

Pay As You Go: $0.55 per minute

One-Time Account Activation Fee _ $3.95 (Applies to all users on first login only)

Please note that a Time Plan cannot be used on more than one computer at the same time.

Yes, that's one of the best perks Regent has......the free internet and it's easily attainable by everyone as you don't have to get that many cruises under your belt before you qualify. Also, the package pricing for the iternet is on par with others and not too expensive especially if you take the most minutes.

Pat

We are sailing on the Navigator on January 26 on our first Regent cruise - having already 6 cruises on Oceania. Our document package arrived yesterday and we were somewhat disappointed with the presentation (compared to Oceania's). We were wondering if anyone could enlighten us about the "nominal charges" for internet access both in their computer room and via WiFi in our suite. Thanks in advance for your help.

I suspect that you did not receive the "normal" document package. When I spoke with my TA this week, Regent was still unable to print proper tickets. Did you receive the gray plaster (leather-like) folder?

Yes, we received a grey plastic pouch that contained a generic Ship Information Guide about the Navigator. Oceania provided a personalized booklet that was quite inclusive and descriptive - specific for our cruise - including the specific excursions.

Did you receive the gray plaster (leather-like) folder?

Some of us lovingly call it pleather!!

Interesting that you didn't get the excursion book. In the past, one was included with the docs. It is the same description as on on the website. Plus you will get all the tour talks on your room TV and can book then with your interactive TV remote or at the tour desk.

I suspect that you did not receive the "normal" document package. When I spoke with my TA this week, Regent was still unable to print proper tickets. Did you receive the gray plaster (leather-like) folder?

Plaster like?? :D :D

Host Dan

As they say about everything....it's all in perspective! When I received my documents for my first Regent cruise (in a few days:D) I was so pleased with their preparation that I dedicated an entire entry in my blog!!! In addition to the embossed imitation leather portfolio with matching luggage tags nestled comfortably inside a micro-suede/velvet pouch, my ensemble included a wonderful guide listing all the possible excursions with full descriptions. Naturally, the cruise docs & RSSC luggage tags were also included. I'm not sure any other cruise line could have included anything else to make them more noteworthy!

Regent used to include a full size booklet with general information, maps, and information sheets on each port. (That was in addition to the excursion book with information on every tour for every cruise. ) It was extremely helpful for advance planning and a nice keepsake. I think that disappeared about two years ago. Now there seems to be less excitement when the documents arrive.

Archived