PLEASE - Say it Ain't Soooooooo!

After being flamed for saying I liked the Why Not ad. and got totally depress for all the things I won't enjoy on a cruise, I looked to the travel travel for solace. I know Samantha Brown loves cruising and can get me excited again. Ha, she is gone, Samantha gurl is gone, she is no longer doing Great Cruises. Someone by the name of Brooke Lee is hosting, she is not even close.

Where can I go to find the joy?

Yeah, I don't like that new lady, either. I want Samantha back. I have probably watched the Freedom of the Seas one 2 dozen times (and it is on again in half an hour). I guess if you want to feel better, you will just have to book yourself on a beautiful cruise-that always makes me feel better:D...Maureen

Are you talking about the one on an NCL ship (Pearl???) to Alaska? DH and I watched it the other night and about halfway through I turned to him and said, "She's no Samantha Brown, is she?" :p

Yes, that's the one. Now I am looking at a cruise catalog:D

I wonder if its Travel Channels way of not showing favoritism. This afternoon, besides Sam's cruise on Freedom and Brilliance, they had a show on the Pearl and Sam is coming up now on Carnival. It could be NCL picked their spokesman and went with the former Miss Universe. The show's format certainly wasn't inspiring, nothing made me want to sail the Pearl. Have you seen Carnival's new commercial? Showing pax gathering at a square to be part of a world record smashing of a world record sized pinata? Now THAT looked like fun, better than "why not". I have an idea for a commercial for "why not" that's is better, I think, than what they're currently using. As soon as I get the guts to speak up I may email it to Mr. Fain!

NCL, Carnival, et al, are all a few years late working with the Trvel Channel on cruise shows.

I would think that we will still see Samantha once this new weekend travel series runs it course.

Anyone else notice a 'change' in Samantha's figure with the new ads?

I wonder if its Travel Channels way of not showing favoritism. This afternoon, besides Sam's cruise on Freedom and Brilliance, they had a show on the Pearl and Sam is coming up now on Carnival. It could be NCL picked their spokesman and went with the former Miss Universe. The show's format certainly wasn't inspiring, nothing made me want to sail the Pearl. Have you seen Carnival's new commercial? Showing pax gathering at a square to be part of a world record smashing of a world record sized pinata? Now THAT looked like fun, better than "why not". I have an idea for a commercial for "why not" that's is better, I think, than what they're currently using. As soon as I get the guts to speak up I may email it to Mr. Fain!

Thats it, FUN. Yes, I saw the commerical and thought what are they selling. They are selling the one thing I have always associate with Carnival, which is having good old fashion fun, kinda a kid at heart. I grew up with No Problem Mon so I get the Why Not. One cruise line is going for bigger ships, the other is going for more fun. The giant pinata looks like fun. This x-mas grandma placed $300 one dollars bills in a pinata for the granda kids to pop. They had a blast when all the bills fell out....Fun.

<donning flame suit>

my son has Samantha Brown on right now, on the Freedom of the Seas

I think she's annoying.

Instead of being flamed you have my sincere forgiveness. I know you might have missed the point that I was seeking JOY:D I like her because she gets me excited about my next cruise:) Is it necessary to always rain on someone's parade?

its so fun to see the ships on these shows! the ports in the med were great too- the caribbean we have done and still love them as well- its fun to watch even tho sometimes the person narrating is on the annoying side...lol

Instead of being flamed you have my sincere forgiveness. I know you might have missed the point that I was seeking JOY:D I like her because she gets me excited about my next cruise:) Is it necessary to always rain on someone's parade?

I turned on the show seeking joy as well. Unfortunately it was eclipsed.

And I don't deliberately rain on other people's parades. Last time I checked, though, I was entitled to have an opinion on this board, even if it doesn't agree with yours.

<donning flame suit>

my son has Samantha Brown on right now, on the Freedom of the Seas

I think she's annoying.

I thought by donning your flame suit you were raining on my parade. I thought flame suits were meant to deflect heat. I could be wrong:confused:

I turned on the show seeking joy as well. Unfortunately it was eclipsed.

And I don't deliberately rain on other people's parades. Last time I checked, though, I was entitled to have an opinion on this board, even if it doesn't agree with yours.

But not necessarily on every thread. Are you saying it a'int soooo or providing me with information on where to find JOY about travel.

The board has threads that would welcome the use of that suit. I wish you were around a few days ago, I needed one :-)

You know I thought I read all the threads on the new ad and unless they went poof, I just didn't see anyone personally getting flamed for their liking the ad. I saw those that didn't like the ad and I saw those that liked the ad but by cc standards, I found the conversations pretty civil. :)

You know I thought I read all the threads on the new ad and unless they went poof, I just didn't see anyone personally getting flamed for their liking the ad. I saw those that didn't like the ad and I saw those that liked the ad but by cc standards, I found the conversations pretty civil. :)

Omgosh. I got excited and declared my love for the ad. I didn't realize I was not suppose to like what others didn't. I had decided to go with Mariner of the Sea. The ones who took the ad. as some kind of reflection of them, did not respond well. I am learning it doesn't take much to get flamed. You are told what words you should have used, even when your message is clear. The cruise board is not always about pre-cruise JOY and BLITZ. Sometimes I am happy just because others are happy. I hate Disneyland but love to hear my friends talk about their wonderful trips because they are happy. This is why I turned to the travel forum and now a cruise catalog.

Still searching for travel Joy but the JackDaniels works:D

I thought by donning your flame suit you were raining on my parade. I thought flame suits were meant to deflect heat. I could be wrong:confused:

I donned my flame suit because I recognized that I held what seemed to be a minority opinion, and that some people might flame me because of it.

If you can't tolerate dissenting opinions, internet bulletin boards might not be the place for you.

I donned my flame suit because I recognized that I held what seemed to be a minority opinion, and that some people might flame me because of it.

If you can't toleratedissenting opinions, internet bulletin boards might not be the place for you.

I did not know there were that many opinions on Samantha Brown or the place to find travel JOY. This was what I was asking. I thought for the most part others read and try to answer OP.

We love Sam (our Girl), we love to travel and we love your attitude. I, personally, got a kick out of your other thread with the RCL ad! You can still see Sam on travelchannel dot com. You can even order a DVD from one of her shows. But, nothing beats her original series -- GIRL MEETS HAWAII! Without her, we would've been eaten by sharks in Maui! Land sharks!;) I am, though, really upset that you don't like Disneyland! :eek:

We love Sam (our Girl), we love to travel and we love your attitude. I, personally, got a kick out of your other thread with the RCL ad! You can still see Sam on travelchannel dot com. You can even order a DVD from one of her shows. But, nothing beats her original series -- GIRL MEETS HAWAII! Without her, we would've been eaten by sharks in Maui! Land sharks!;) I am, though, really upset that you don't like Disneyland! :eek:

Thank you!

I live an hour away from Disneyland. For the love of the kids, out of town guests and DH, I have done my time:D

I think I got the Carnival ad...but heck if I am going to make that declaration :-)

We watched re-runs this afternoon of Samantha's cruising and Brooke Lee on the Pearl.

We have not yet sailed the Freedom and Liberty and really enjoy Samanthas enthusiasm. Of course we always enjoy watching Samantha.

We had sailed on the Pearl in October so were looking forward to seeing the show that was filmed. Brooke is interesting and seemed to enjoy herself but she isn't Samantha.

Archived