Booking Through A Third Party????

SGriff1317

The first two cruises I went on, I booked through carnival.com and royalcaribbean.com. I am planning to go on a Southern Caribbean cruise on 9/20/09.

I haven't finalized anything yet but I want to make my decision before the current promotion from RC ends. (50% deposit, $100 ship credit)

Now here is the question...

If I book through citicards (stateroom upgrade, 4-6% off) will i still get the current offers from RC?

https://extracash.citi.com/index.jsp

I don't know if you can sign up with all Citi Cards or not but it's just their bonus program. Basically it is 10% of most things, with travel usually being around 5%.

...the thing with it is, I would be booking with through the CitiCards site with them as my travel agent I guess. Does this link to my RoyalCaribbean.com account? I might just forgot about the extras and do it through RC so I don't lose the ship credit.

You need to call RCCI and see if they allow combinable awards. Some lines don't allow you to combine ship's offers and those from credit card companies. For example, American Express Platinum gives on board credit, but you cannot receive both the ship's credit and the AmEx award on Celebrity.

The best advice I can give is to call the cruise line. My experience is that each cruise line has a slightly different approach to the awards programs and that sometimes it varies by program. What you are describing sounds like you will get both but just call to confirm whether or not this is correct. Good luck.

Keith

Archived