Received My Fuel Supplement Refund

SoonerOne

Good Morning All!

I just wanted to let you all know that I received a surprise when I checked my checking account this morning. Carnival had refunded my $98 fuel supplement directly into my checking account. WOO HOO!!!!! What a nice way to start the day:) and our cruise which is leaving in exactly 30 days from today!!! Color me a happy camper (or would that be sailor?):rolleyes:

Have a good day!

Donna in OKC

My sister booked a party of 8, paid deposit 6 months ago and made final payment yesterday. They gave her a onboard credit instead of removing the charges for fuel, $504.00! Even though they sent her a email back in December saying the fuel charges would be removed from her bill.

I told her, call them back and get those charges removed from your bill. She went through he!! and was on the phone for over an hour trying to straighten it out. They FINALLY credited her credit card the $504.

The fact that she is "treating" her family with this cruise, which her PVP knew, don't know why they would think she would rather have the onboard credit instead of just paying less for the cruise. :eek:

My sister booked a party of 8, paid deposit 6 months ago and made final payment yesterday. They gave her a onboard credit instead of removing the charges for fuel, $504.00! Even though they sent her a email back in December saying the fuel charges would be removed from her bill.

I told her, call them back and get those charges removed from your bill. She went through he!! and was on the phone for over an hour trying to straighten it out. They FINALLY credited her credit card the $504.

The fact that she is "treating" her family with this cruise, which her PVP knew, don't know why they would think she would rather have the onboard credit instead of just paying less for the cruise. :eek:

Donna:

I was told too that we would receive on-board credit, which was fine with me, so you can imagine my surprise when I saw it in our checking account:p I'm gald your sister got it all worked out!

Donna in OKC

They gave me mine too, but they took it out of my TA's commission... sneaky sneaky

That's not correct. Travel agents commission is based on the cruise fare only. They don't earn commission on the taxes, fees or surcharges. If your TA told you otherwise, she's not being truthful.

Thats good to hear. I am waiting on one for Dec 09 and the TA says Carnival is refunding them by date. When was your cruise?

Hey firefly did you get your refund for your RCCL cruises? My TA told me yesterday ours was being taken off our May Mariner cruise and my bill is being adjusted before final payment:)

My TA had me pay my final payment, minus the fuel charge and a $35 discount that she said she was going to give me for transferring over to her.

She said Carnival was going to make the adjustment, to just give them time. It was still showing that I owed $108 fuel + $35 = $143.

Well, I checked my credit card statement online. On Jan 5th, Carnival charged my card $108 (without my authorization) and then on the 6th, they credited back only $73!! So essentially I didn't get my TA's discount. Called her and the accounting dept is going to check into it :rolleyes:

This is for a Feb sailing on the Freedom.

we cruise Feb 7th. Carnival says we should be credited before we leave but they don't know when. I just don't like the fact that their website still says it will be OBC. They change things and don't inform you.I wonder why they decided against the OBC.

You were told incorrectly. Everyone will receive a credit card credit for sail dates after mid-December 2008.

Well, I used my "debit" card to pay for my cruise, so that's why it was deposited directly into my checking account. Are you sure about the credit card credit? So many people were told that they were receiving OBC.......

Well, I used my "debit" card to pay for my cruise, so that's why it was deposited directly into my checking account. Are you sure about the credit card credit? So many people were told that they were receiving OBC.......

My sister got a email in December saying they would deduct the surcharge, $504, from her bill. Why would they do it as a OBC before you have even paid for your cruise?

As I said previous, she paid for the cruise for 8 ppl. yesterday and then discovered they had left the fuel charges on her bill.

She basically had to rebook the entire thing to get it resolved because she did not want a OBC. For 8 ppl, that's alot of money.

You were told incorrectly. Everyone will receive a credit card credit for sail dates after mid-December 2008.

I just talked to my PVP and he said everyone sailing before Feb 04, 2009 would have OBC when they got onboard. sailings after that would get refunds to credit cards.

We sail on the Freedom on June 20th. I contacted my TA & she said that Carnival has not taken the fuel surcharges off of all sailing yet, and ours is one of them. Anybody out there with summer sailings have theirs removed yet? Just curious.

We sail on the Freedom on June 20th. I contacted my TA & she said that Carnival has not taken the fuel surcharges off of all sailing yet, and ours is one of them. Anybody out there with summer sailings have theirs removed yet? Just curious.

If they are going in order of cruises mine was removed yesterday for Feb 22nd sailing. Yours wont be processed for a while yet.

Well I can say that I have not been credited nor do I have an OBC as of yet. I'm sailing out on 2/1/09. I booked through a TA. I called Carnival and they said I would have to talk with my TA. They said a refund would possibly get refunded to TA and TA would be responsible for paying us back. We have our final meeting with our TA on Saturday so I will bring that up!

Archived