Received My Fuel Supplement Refund

SoonerOne

We sail Jan. 31 on the Destiny, havent received anything back on credit card or as an OBC, should I call Carnival on this? It's weird that some have gotten a refund for sailings after ours, while we have heard nothing. It seems as though Carnival isnt doing anything consistently in regard as to how they are doing refunds, big shocker on that one.

We are sailing May 4 with Carnival, and I had to harrass my TA for 2 wks to get her to send me an adjusted bill for the amount due March 1, 2009 for final payment. She was seriously upset that I had brought to her attention that since we had booked last July and paid our deposit, we were due the deduction for suspended fuel charge. Last thing she said to me was" the can implement this back at any time, so beware!" and basically hung up on me, lol.

We did get a letter a few days later with the adjusted final amount due.

but I had to push them into it.

Also, just a ?. Our deposit was paid last July to actually book the exact room I wanted, but when I go and look at my booking on Carnival, it says my room as TBA? Is this normal? My last cruise with RC, after I paid my deposit(thru a different TA ), my booking info on RC had my exact room listed right away. just wondering why my room # doesn't show up.:confused:

I called Carnival today about my OBC/credit question and the rep said that they are going to be sending a credit to my credit card within 7-10 business days so I should be seeing that soon.

I did pay in full before the fuel supplement refund was announced and I am still getting the money back on my credit card.

Contacted my Carnival rep for our group cruise paid in full.

At first, I was told we'd be getting OBC. When? Whenever our final payments are made the credit would be applied. This didn't happen.

Second attempt, I was told we'd be getting a refund on our credit cards. When? When all names in the group were finalized. Again, this didn't happen.

Third attempt, we will get it before our cruise. We shall see.

I think even the Carnival employees are confused at this point.

Oh, by the way, we cruise in 23 days!

You were told incorrectly. Everyone will receive a credit card credit for sail dates after mid-December 2008.

We just returned from the Legend - Jan 11 - 18 - and received an OBC of $126 not a credit to our credit card. We also got an additional OBC of $20 ( $10/person) for reduction in Mexico port fees. OBC for fuel surcharge never showed up in our docs prior to our departure date.

The fuel supplement disappeared from my online statement and there was no record of it anywhere. I gave it a few days and then *voila* it appeared on my credit card as a refund. It didn't happen quickly but it did happen and there was a 4 day lag between when it went off my statement and onto my credit card.

It came on as $US and then transferred over to $Cdn - I actually made money on it from the time I paid (early fall of 2008) until now! I don't normally pay off things so far in advance but I had the $ so I put it on the cruise! I had left a small balance owing so I wasn't paid in full in case of any price drops :D

the fuel supplement. As I stated in a previous post, she initially told me she wouldn't refund the amount until the day of the cruise for my group of 33. When I told her this was not going to work because it would mean once we got back I still had to deal with refunding money to my group which would be rediculous!!! She then said she would refund on the 1st day of March so there was less chance of us owing her money if it went back up before we sail on March 16th. Do you really think it will go back up? I don't know---I am just worried and wondering why she can't go ahead and refund it now so it is easier for me to handle this situation with having 33 people. We paid for our cruise in full in December.

Archived