Husband says NO to spending another $1000

LanaJae

We've done OV and Balcony and this time we are doing an Inside. I would rather have the extra cash for other things and I too rather be up on the Lido Deck. If we ever get the chance to do a Panama Canal or longer cruise, then I will book a Balcony.

Why not call Canival and tell them how much you would like to have the suite, but it's beyond your budget, then make them a counter-offer. It's worth a try (like maybe $500 tops if your husband would agree to that).:rolleyes:

That's what I want to do, but I can't get him to agree to a number and I'm sure whatever he might come up with will be too low.

I know it'l be hard to type with your fingers crossed.....but you could hope for the upgrade fairy.....

I will do that - I imagine our magic number is about 2800th on the list though :p

Agreed! O.P., would you be willing to pay a thousand dollars out of your own money? If so, end of question.

Absolutely, but I won't do anything he's against. I can't even remember the last time we disagreed on spending so its thrown me off a little.

---------

Kevin, for the record... I would never remove tips, I don't get that whole discussion. They could double the auto tip and I'm sure there are people I'd give additional to.

Did you know that you could be getting a category 8 balcony stateroom on a 7 night cruise (larger, newer ship, longer itinerary) for about the same price of a category 12 on the 5 night cruise on a Fantasy class ship (Inspiration)?

IF you haven't booked your airfare yet, it might be worth looking into. Even if you already booked your airfare, when you add the changes to your air you might still come out on the winning end!

Look into it!

However if you're stuck with this 5 night cruise, ask yourself: How much time do you see yourself sitting in that balcony? Let's say that you'll use it for one hour a day. That's about $200 per hour! :eek: Is it still worth it?

I'm spending about $750 TOTAL for an OV on my next 5 night cruise. In my opinion, $1000 for an upgrade is not worth it, but that's just me...

Say NO to certain things for him and then maybe he'll change his mind! ;)

Seriously though.. If it's OV or nothing.. than it's alot better than nothing.

Doesn't work on a 50 yr. old, they just say okay and then head to the refrigerator :D

I'm with ya on the hard decision. I contemplated doing the same thing for our upcoming Legend cruise. What changed my mind though was the fact that a suite on Carnival means absolutely nothing. Yes, you get the balcony on the Fantasy class ships, but that is it. My travel agent, believe it or not, was the one to change my mind for good. She pointed out that with a couple hundred more, we could have another cruise! That was just a no-brainer when it was put that way.

Save your money and one night on your Fantasy cruise, in the midst of some hanky-panky, remind him that next time, ya'll could be living out a real fantasy by doing this on a nice isolated balcony somewhere (those aft ones are GREAT for that kind of thing! Oops, this is supposed to be a PG-rated board, isn't it? :rolleyes:).

Did you know that you could be getting a category 8 balcony stateroom on a 7 night cruise (larger, newer ship, longer itinerary) for about the same price of a category 12 on the 5 night cruise on a Fantasy class ship (Inspiration)?

IF you haven't booked your airfare yet, it might be worth looking into. Even if you already booked your airfare, when you add the changes to your air you might still come out on the winning end!

Look into it!

However if you're stuck with this 5 night cruise, ask yourself: How much time do you see yourself sitting in that balcony? Let's say that you'll use it for one hour a day. That's about $200 per hour! :eek: Is it still worth it?

I'm spending about $750 TOTAL for an OV on my next 5 night cruise. In my opinion, $1000 for an upgrade is not worth it, but that's just me...

Hopefully that will be a plan in the future, but we're on this cruise no matter what.

Logically I know a suite is not worth it, its more of a selfish request on my part. I think I would spend several hours on a balcony late at night (I have terrible insomnia from being a long term prednisone patient). My husband would probably only use it for coffee in the morning, he knows I am up all night at home, but doesn't understand what it's like. I don't mind being alone on the ship, but its a different crowd at 3-4 am and I'd rather just sit alone somewhere private. We live in MN so sea air is a huge treat.

Logically I know a suite is not worth it, its more of a selfish request on my part. I think I would spend several hours on a balcony late at night (I have terrible insomnia from being a long term prednisone patient). My husband would probably only use it for coffee in the morning, he knows I am up all night at home, but doesn't understand what it's like. I don't mind being alone on the ship, but its a different crowd at 3-4 am and I'd rather just sit alone somewhere private. We live in MN so sea air is a huge treat.

This is how I feel also, being from MI. I also understand about the crowd. I would go and sit out side on the Lido and watch the people that would hit the 24 hour pizzia. I would be all alone out there most of the time. I have noticed that if you pay attention there is personal always close by. Usually a officer of security. I've never had any issues at all.

I do spend hours a day on my deck when I have one.

So in the end it will have to be up to you and your DH. I just wouldn't push him, expecially if as you say he never disagrees and has made this an issue.

$200 an hour for a sit on a balcony. I sure wouldn't. find the secret door and sit on that balcony. Have dinner every night in the supper club. Go and buy yourself a new wardrobe for the entire trip and the next one. And get a massage and facial each day. For a 14 day trip, maybe and just maybe. For 5 days? Listen, in this case, to your husband.

I'm with ya on the hard decision. I contemplated doing the same thing for our upcoming Legend cruise. What changed my mind though was the fact that a suite on Carnival means absolutely nothing. Yes, you get the balcony on the Fantasy class ships, but that is it. My travel agent, believe it or not, was the one to change my mind for good. She pointed out that with a couple hundred more, we could have another cruise! That was just a no-brainer when it was put that way.

Save your money and one night on your Fantasy cruise, in the midst of some hanky-panky, remind him that next time, ya'll could be living out a real fantasy by doing this on a nice isolated balcony somewhere (those aft ones are GREAT for that kind of thing! Oops, this is supposed to be a PG-rated board, isn't it? :rolleyes:).

It's PG to me ;), now if only I could get him to think that far ahead!

Save the $1000.00 and use it to book your next cruise.:D

Again, if only I could get him to think that far ahead. It would be great to count on another right away.

This is how I feel also, being from MI. I also understand about the crowd. I would go and sit out side on the Lido and watch the people that would hit the 24 hour pizzia. I would be all alone out there most of the time. I have noticed that if you pay attention there is personal always close by. Usually a officer of security. I've never had any issues at all.

I do spend hours a day on my deck when I have one.

So in the end it will have to be up to you and your DH. I just wouldn't push him, expecially if as you say he never disagrees and has made this an issue.

You're so right. I just can't push this one, but hasn't stopped me from thinking about it all the time. I am overly thrifty about everything else so you'd think this would be a no-brainer. Now if someone would please go reserve that suite, I could get over it! (ha ha)

$200 an hour for a sit on a balcony. I sure wouldn't. find the secret door and sit on that balcony. Have dinner every night in the supper club. Go and buy yourself a new wardrobe for the entire trip and the next one. And get a massage and facial each day. For a 14 day trip, maybe and just maybe. For 5 days? Listen, in this case, to your husband.

I'm listening, I really am :)

Archived