Finding cabin-mates

brother_unknown

You might want to click here http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=21 for the Cruise Critic article titled Cruise "Welcome Mat" Varies for Solos. It contains information that may help you.

You may want to go to www.google.com and type in "hosted single cruises". You will find many of the agencies your fellow Cruise Critic members would recommend, give feedback, etc. if they could.

Per the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free membership, the names, web sites, etc. of travel agents/agencies or other cruise-related sites or message boards --- even if "masked" --- are not allowed in Cruise Critic message board posts. Posts asking for the name, site or further information via e-mail, or posts offering same, will be removed as well as any replies to the deleted posts. Discussion or promotion of any non-Cruise Critic Member group cruise is not allowed. Also, "personal ads" for cabin mates are not allowed in any forum.

If any posts on this thread or any thread on any forum violate the Guidelines, they will be removed.

Per FAQ:

My posting was removed? How do I find out why?

If you have a question regarding the removal of a post or a discussion, please contact our Community Manager by clicking on the Contact Us link located on all pages of the forums. Questions posted on the forums regarding removals will not be addressed and will be removed.

I sincerely hope this information will be helpful!

Kat110105_emYA42_prv.gif

Another thing to think about is that your money, etc. are in the room. Even if you keep it on you when you are not in the room, it will be there when you sleep, shower, etc.

I took a roommate assignment ....................one time.............. for a land tour in Europe. Honestly, I will never do it again. Not only is it just daily habits, but you also have no knowledge of whether the person is trustworthy.

Another thing to think about is that your money, etc. are in the room. Even if you keep it on you when you are not in the room, it will be there when you sleep, shower, etc.

I took a roommate assignment ....................one time.............. for a land tour in Europe. Honestly, I will never do it again. Not only is it just daily habits, but you also have no knowledge of whether the person is trustworthy.

There is just no way that I would ever go on a cruise with someone I didn't know. I'd rather pay the 200% supplement, as I am sure I am not the best roommate to begin with. I like to do what I want, when I want to and would hate having to share a bathroom most of all.

Try it, you might think otherwise about being frugal. You get more "bank for your buck" travelling solo!

I have a friend that wanted to go on a cruise, but didn't have anyone who could go with her. She started asking around at her church and her job and found someone interested. They didn't know each other very well at all, but my friend did know about her - so they weren't total strangers. My friend had a great time on the cruise, she said that her and the roommate did not do a lot together on the ship, they went their separate ways for the most part and then ate dinner together at night. They both came back from the cruise happy - they had a good time and became friends. So, when looking for a cruise buddy, you can spread the word around church, friends, etc., and you could probably find someone that you may know a little about, so that it is not a total stranger.

I have a friend that wanted to go on a cruise, but didn't have anyone who could go with her. She started asking around at her church and her job and found someone interested. They didn't know each other very well at all, but my friend did know about her - so they weren't total strangers. My friend had a great time on the cruise, she said that her and the roommate did not do a lot together on the ship, they went their separate ways for the most part and then ate dinner together at night. They both came back from the cruise happy - they had a good time and became friends. So, when looking for a cruise buddy, you can spread the word around church, friends, etc., and you could probably find someone that you may know a little about, so that it is not a total stranger.

Hi,:) that is definitely different from sailing with a total stranger.

And that would be a way to get to know the person for sure.

If you look at the list of cruises in my signature all but 2 were

solo. I shared a cabin twice and I knew both gals.

We got along but I just love my own space. In other words,

for me sharing the cabin was not worth the savings.

After living on my own for the last 30+ years, having my own

cabin is a priority. Love having my own space:), not concerning

myself with someone else.

Anyway, your church suggestion is good~for those who

fall into that category!

Hi,:) that is definitely different from sailing with a total stranger.

And that would be a way to get to know the person for sure.

If you look at the list of cruises in my signature all but 2 were

solo. I shared a cabin twice and I knew both gals.

We got along but I just love my own space. In other words,

for me sharing the cabin was not worth the savings.

After living on my own for the last 30+ years, having my own

cabin is a priority. Love having my own space:), not concerning

myself with someone else.

Anyway, your church suggestion is good~for those who

fall into that category!

I agree with you.

I just learned about Cat 1A 2 years ago. My past 2 cruises, I had my own room, and will never go back to sharing a room regardless of price. In fact, the single suppliment does not bother me a bit.

I love my alone time. If I want to come in in the wee hours of the night, the leave the TV on all night, I don't have to hear any complaints. The best thing is not having to wait on someone to get ready to do anything. The one thing I do enjoy though is company going to evening activities such as the shows and the lounges. Other than that, it's all good.

PJ :)

Archived