stateroom attendant

debs2028

Hi all

please don't laugh as I have never cruised before..but how do I get to speak to the stateroom attendant if I want certain things like emptying the fridge??,will they appear or do I ring a number and request (don't even know if we have a phone!!!). I know they must be busy with lots of cabins so just wondered what was the protocol

Thanks Debs:)

And Bon Voyage for your first cruise!

Your steward will be in your area frequently during your days. But you will probably bump into him or her even before you sail. If not, you can call and make requests at any time....using the phone in your cabin.

Also, use the 'Do Not Disturb" or "Please Make Up the Cabin" card that fits into a slot outside your door.

It is NOT a dumb question! Smile! You are about to embark on a habit forming, fun filled vacation!!!!!!

Most of the time, they will stop by your cabin and introduce themselves. If they don't, then call the "housekeeping or attendant" number on the phone, tell them what you need,and it will happen. We always need an extra towel --(they leave 1 per person) and it will appear!

He or she will introduce him or herself to you on the first day. Feel free to discuss any special needs or wishes at that time. If you need your attendant at other times, and you don't see them in the hall. You can call them from your room phone. I believe there are certain hours during which they are unavailable (everyone gets a break). During those times, you can leave a message, or talk to guest services if the matter is urgent.

Hi all

please don't laugh as I have never cruised before..but how do I get to speak to the stateroom attendant if I want certain things like emptying the fridge??,will they appear or do I ring a number and request (don't even know if we have a phone!!!). I know they must be busy with lots of cabins so just wondered what was the protocol

Thanks Debs:)

The steward/stewardess will knock on your door the first day to introduce themself to you usually before muster drill, if not you can call in your request or leave a post it note on the mirror above the vanity...You will definitely meet he or she by the second day...Have a wonderful cruise...

deb, you will have a phone in your cabin and you can call numbers on the ship. You cabin steward will come to introduce himself/herself on the first day and you can make requests then. You may also see them outside in the hallway now and then. Also, you can leave notes when you leave the cabin with certain requests. I usually accompany the requests with a small tip as a thank you, besides the usual tip at the end of the cruise. If I got exceptional service, I tip extra at the end - many cruisers do this.

I didn't mean to turn this into a tip conversation, but just wanted to mention that aspect.

Have a great time on your first cruise. And remember, it all makes sense once you get on board.

Archived