To all northern cruisecritic members,I see the need to cruise!!

airlink diva

Right now I'm sitting in the family room of my brother's home right outside of Detriot. I often wonder why fellow cruisecritic members in the northern states love to cruise during the winter months. I can see why!! I've been here only two days and my cruise need has shot up twofold!! Between the cold and the snow, a ship is calling my name!!! I'm not set to cruise until next year,but this has push me into booking a short cruise to tide me over!

To all my fellow cruisecritic members that's somewhere where there's tons of snow,below zero,in a house with toddlers and dogs that can't go outside, repeat "Cruise!!""CRUISE"!!!!!

Happy sailing!!

Right now I'm sitting in the family room of my brother's home right outside of Detriot. I often wonder why fellow cruisecritic members in the northern states love to cruise during the winter months. I can see why!! I've been here only two days and my cruise need has shot up twofold!! Between the cold and the snow, a ship is calling my name!!! I'm not set to cruise until next year,but this has push me into booking a short cruise to tide me over!

To all my fellow cruisecritic members that's somewhere where there's tons of snow,below zero,in a house with toddlers and dogs that can't go outside, repeat "Cruise!!""CRUISE"!!!!!

Happy sailing!!

Greetings from frozen New Jersey!

I know what you mean, Tamara. In fact, that cruise need reached its peak yesterday, and we booked a 7 day on the Westerdam! 7 weeks from right now, I'll be having lunch in the Lido! :D

I can't stand the cold here in upstate NY another minute. It's actually painful going outside:rolleyes: I also hate bundling all up....so uncomfortable.

The countdown is on...13 days til we leave.

The only problem is the deep depression I slip into when I come home:)

Happy cruising

Karen

Snowing here in Boston. Our 'plow guy' just came and I think the storm is mostly over but we probably got about 5 - 6" more inches today. At least the temperature is more moderate. It was bitter a good part of the week.

73 degrees here in L.A. with blue skies;) Hang in there northerners!

Thanks for rubbing that in:D. It not to bad here in Calgary today. It's supposed to be about 60 degrees here today. It's pretty warm for this time of year. This is a nice little break from the -30 and 10 feet of snow that greeted me after my 26 day cruise for about 30 days after I returned:D.

Another 4 or 5 inches of snow north of NYC today. Yesterday it was 18 degrees, but it's in the 20's today. It's a winter wonderland, if you like that sort of thing. I don't.

That's why I booked a cruise for next week, but the fates were against me.:mad:

It's 62 right now here in our part of North Texas. Should be about the same tomorrow. Nice! It's been very cold here for the past week. But NOTHING like many of you have been enduring. I really feel for you guys who are suffering through single digits and 100 feet of snow. (That's hyperbole ... but I'm sure it feels that way to you!)

Spring will come. Meantime, book a cruise. :cool:

Here in Halifax, we're getting the beginning of the end of what sail7seas received in Boston today.....we almost always get their leftovers! On the bright side, it is finally starting to "warm" up.....with temps w/windchill in the -35c range most of the week, it'll be nice to wake up to 3-4c tomorrow morning.

Only 10 days til we leave for Florida with not a winter jacket, boots or socks in sight!

Happy sailing!!

Hi Tamara - thanks for the sympathy of snowy, cold weather. Now we are blanketed in fog in greater Vancouver. I'm 2 blocks from th sea and can hear a fog horn blowing on a vessel. April won't come soon enough for me and my Sea of Courtez cruise continuing on to Vancouver. Met a couple of gals from Kingsport, Tennesee in 2006 on a cruise and am still in touch by email. Even though you are visiting family you are probably yearning for the weather back home. Cheers, Gail:)

Ohio here, just got another 3 inches today. Oh yeah :p. DH has always wanted to book an Alaska cruise, I just can't see myself paying money for a cruise and not be warm. When it gets below 78, I start getting chilly. Does Alaska ever get that warm for a sustained period of time or do I need to get a change in attitude?

Greetings from my winter wonderland in Boston. What a winter! It is my least favorite season, and I really start to stuggle by February. Sooo, I came up with the idea of a February cruise and my dear husband heartily agreed. The timing is well thought out and perfect. The day we fly out of Boston is the day the Red Sox equipment truck leaves for Florida and spring training! When we return mid-month, there will be more light, diminishing chance of storms, Red Sox exhibition games on the radio, and spring right around the corner. Eurodam, here we come! :)

Ohio here, just got another 3 inches today. Oh yeah :p. DH has always wanted to book an Alaska cruise, I just can't see myself paying money for a cruise and not be warm. When it gets below 78, I start getting chilly. Does Alaska ever get that warm for a sustained period of time or do I need to get a change in attitude?

That's my problem with taking an Alaska cruise as well. I spend enough months of the year in the cold already!

Does Alaska ever get that warm for a sustained period of time or do I need to get a change in attitude?

We were in Alaska in June,2004, and they had a heat wave., It was over 90 every single day we were there, a b2b cruise. There was no place to buy any shorts. But, that's most unusual.

Does Alaska ever get that warm for a sustained period of time or do I need to get a change in attitude?

Memorial Day weekend, 1993. I flew into Juneau to start my land tour. It was in the 90's. There was no A/C in the hotel (who needs A/C in Alaska? :rolleyes:). We kept the hotel window open, but then the sunlight came in. Most all night :eek:.

Fairbanks was hotter, but that was understandable since it's inland.

By the time the cruise started the temps had gone down, mercifully.

Take the attitude adjustment and go to Alaska. It's something you will never regret.

Snowing here in Boston. Our 'plow guy' just came and I think the storm is mostly over but we probably got about 5 - 6" more inches today. At least the temperature is more moderate. It was bitter a good part of the week.

I know how you feel, sail. We're not in Boston, but just 17 miles south of Boston. Same thing here....it's still snowing here. :( We have at least 8" more from today's snowfall. It's very pretty...but getting tiresome at the same time.

Fred went up on the roof of our sunroom and I spotted him outside our guest room window while I was finishing up the packing. I was horrified...told him to stop...didn't need him to fall off the roof when we're leaving for Florida on Tuesday. :eek: He chuckled, and rather than climb back down the ladder, he climbed in through the bathroom window. Mind you, he's 69-y-o.

He went out to CVS tonight and when he came out, our Saab had "died." He called AAA and they towed it to the local Saab dealership. We got rid of our SUV last week, and were planning to replace it when we return from our Noordam b2b's. So, here we are....without a car. And lots of errands to run tomorrow before we leave on Tuesday. :eek:

Murphy's Law.

I'm so sick of the endless snowing. We never have this in our neck of the woods!

When last night's storm ended I went to brush off the car, and I ordered the snow in the driveway to begone! when I get back from the Noordam. I want to see blacktop!!!

So, the next storm started a little later. :rolleyes:

Archived