S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 1611

DECK #: 11

CLASS: Penthouse Suite

AREA: Midship Port

BED NEAR: Aft centered on AFT wall. Reverie Adjustable Bed System.

QUIET?: ahhh. Silence.

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed, angled off hump towards aft

BALCONY SIZE: 389 sq. ft.

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: TV over bathroom tub remote only turned on and volume - no channel change. Butler nor engineering could make it work. Shower heads are amazing, but floor drain can't keep up, 5 minutes and the water starts to slosh out of shower into the bathroom. Light in toilet room fell out of ceiling 3 times. Had party for 40, seriously, could have held 140.

Cabin reports on this thread have been compiled into a spreadsheet that can be read online or downloaded to Excel for further review and research. The date of the spreadsheet reflects the last update.

Thanks for your contribution.

S Class Cabin Spreadsheet.

Please use this format for posting your cabin reviews. Feel free to add photos or links to photos also.

SHIP: Eclipse

CABIN #: 1605

DECK #: 11CLASS: Aqua

AREA:

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Very Good

BALCONY SIZE: Large

WIND A PROBLEM?:No

SOOT A PROBLEM?:No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

No problems loved this cabin would book again

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 7200

DECK #: 7

CLASS: Balcony 2B

AREA: forward

BED NEAR: closet

QUIET?: yes

BALCONY VIEW: very good, no obstruction

BALCONY SIZE: normal

WIND A PROBLEM?:NO

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Right near foreward elevators; few steps to this starboard cabin.

Very convenient to theatre, sky lounge and spa. Dining at aft end.

CABIN #: 1287

DECK #: 10

CLASS: C3

AREA: Port/Aft

BED NEAR: Bath

QUIET?: Very

BALCONY VIEW:

BALCONY SIZE: Standard

SOOT A PROBLEM?: N/A

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Awesome cabin. Toward the back so a bit of a walk from the central stairs. I was ok with that as I wanted the excercise (I think I took the elevators twice). 3 flights up to the buffet, 2 to the pool, and 5 down to Cafe Al Bacio. Even if it was cool out, the balcony was protected from the wind. I loved this cabin.

CABIN #: 7252

CLASS: Verandah 2A

AREA: Midships

BED NEAR: Bathroom

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed (but two decks above lifeboat; looking straight down, you view the top of the lifeboat)

BALCONY SIZE: Average

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Very nice cabin, close to the coffee area in the Hideaway. Nice not to have to run to Cafe al Bacio or Oceanview for a cup of coffee. Large bathroom. Storage limited.

CABIN #: 1287

CLASS: C3

AREA: Port/Aft

QUIET?: Very

BALCONY VIEW:

BALCONY SIZE: Standard

SOOT A PROBLEM?: N/A

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Awesome cabin. Toward the back so a bit of a walk from the central stairs. I was ok with that as I wanted the excercise (I think I took the elevators twice). 3 flights up to the buffet, 2 to the pool, and 5 down to Cafe Al Bacio. Even if it was cool out, the balcony was protected from the wind. I loved this cabin.

This is for the Equinox.

SHIP: Silhouette

CABIN #: 1036

CLASS: Concierge C3

AREA: Forward

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Normal (but actually seemed larger than our friends who were in a C1

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We loved this cabin & location! Being forward - the sound of the waves crashing against the ship at night were awesome. The view in every direction was great. The location right off the forward elevators was very convenient & just two flights up to the pool/solarium/aqua spa cafe. This was our favorite balcony out of the 3 we have stayed in on the S-class ships.

*I am posting for friends we traveled with as they are not on cruise critic.

CABIN #: 2101

DECK #: 12

CLASS: Concierge C1

AREA: Mid/Aft

QUIET?: No

BALCONY SIZE: Normal (but actually seemed smaller than our friends who were in a C3 on Deck 10)

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: As mentioned, I am posting for friends that stayed in this cabin. I did not like this location (when we booked, I thought it was ideal!). It was RIGHT off the pool area which is convenient, but it is where the hallway begins for the deck 12 cabins, so you are right in the main thoroughfare. The stateroom attendant closet was RIGHT next door, so that made it even more busy/crowded. Also, the cabin is right next to a public restroom, so the right side of the balcony wall was solid metal. I actually DO think this balcony is a few inches smaller than ours in 1036 because there were more "rows" of faux-wood floor panels in 1036 than 2101. Also, because there was more metal/steel in the balcony, there was some rust. There was also more pipes, a horn(?) etc it the ceiling. The smoking section was right outside the door leading to the pool, so you were constantly walking through the smoke zone. Some may like that it's next to the elevators, one floor down from the oceanview (some noise from above) and next to the pool, but I (personally) would NOT choose this cabin. Especially since it's a C1 and generally more expensive.

Edited by bhughey

CABIN #: 6116

DECK #: 6

CLASS: 2B

AREA: Forward starboard

QUIET?: Yes, except when shows or rehearsal in theatre

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Look at a photo of the starboard side of Silhouette and see the veranda room right above the "O" in SILHOUETTE forward. That's it. These rooms are sort of like being on a hump, which is a plus. The only negative was the noise from the theatre directly below, but it was limited to when there was either a show going on, or a rehearsal .. never late at night or in the early morning. Stateroom attendant closet right outside, so they tended to congregate there. But it wasn't really noisy from that. I'd choose this cabin again.

Edited by publicpersona

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 1667

CLASS: S2

AREA: AFT

BALCONY VIEW: Amazing

BALCONY SIZE: Huge

WIND A PROBLEM?: Definitely NOT

SOOT A PROBLEM?: a little, but nothing that wasn't cleaned by the attendant

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Absolutely LOVED this cabin. Would book here again in a heartbeat. The only problem was the obnoxious neighbors that were either fighting with each other or hollering at the room attendant. Read that it was a long walk to the elevators, not bad at all. I've had longer walks in a non aft cabin !

Ship- Solstice

Deck - 9

Cabin # - 9262

Class – 1b

Starboard or Port Side - Starboard

Bed near?(balcony or bath) – Balcony

Quiet Cabin (With comments on problems. Note if connecting. ) – very quiet cabin; walls between cabins seem to be better insolated than some other cruise ships.

Balcony View - Give comments on view, noting if location of any obstructions was an issue. – Over the life boats, so could not see down to the water, otherwise a great view;

Balcony Size? Normal or oversized for class? - normal size

Was wind a problem? was no problem

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? more a mid ship cabin;

Any specific problems with this cabin? no problems

Any other comments? Love the doors on the shower instead of curtain, and lots of cupboard space in bathroom.

CABIN #: 2129

CLASS: S2 Sky Suite

AREA: Port

BALCONY VIEW: This is a suite with a significant overhang from the lido deck (Oceanview Cafe). Fully shaded w/the external support posts to either side. The support posts do not impact the view when seated on the balcony.

BALCONY SIZE: Normal for the S2. Larger than a regular balcony cabin.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: As others have noted this cabin is below the tiled/food display area of the Oceanview Cafe and you do hear occasional rumbles from carts. The rumble is no more intrusive than the engine rumble one sometimes gets in cabins on lower floors. I noticed the sound mainly because everyone's discussed it so much! Otherwise, this is a quiet cabin with no rattles or squeaks. It does NOT have a crew service door nearby and very little traffic in the corridor. I would book this cabin again in a heartbeat.

On December 16 2013 I posted this cabin information. In checking today, I see only the cabin number and ships name. Perhaps these comments can be added to the cabin info list.

Thanks

Equinox 7200

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 7200

CLASS: Balcony 2B

AREA: forward

BALCONY VIEW: very good, no obstruction

BALCONY SIZE: normal

WIND A PROBLEM?:NO

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Right near foreward elevators; few steps to this starboard cabin.

Very convenient to theatre, sky lounge and spa. Dining at aft end.

CABIN #: 8255

DECK #: 8

CLASS: 1A

AREA: Port on the hump

BALCONY VIEW: excellent

BALCONY SIZE: 2nd largest on hump

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS People have mentioned that they have smelled cigarette smoke coming from the Deck 5 port. We smelt absolutely nothing.

Ship: Reflection

Cabin: 3111

Deck: Plaza

Class: Oceanview

Area: Port, midship, slightly forward

Bed Near: Bathroom

Quiet: Yes, although we were usually back in the room pretty late, after the crowds had dissipated.

View: Great view from the large window. No obstructions at all.

No problems, this was a great value and I was impressed with the size of the window. We're going for balcony next time, though!

Ship - Silhouette

Deck - 10

Cabin # - 1075

Class – C2

Port, Forward

Bed near? Bath

Quiet Cabin – We had VERY noisy neighbors (in 1077) and there is a door to the right side of the cabin belonging to a crew closet. See below.

Balcony View - Beautiful - could see everything forward and aft including the bridge

Balcony Size? Largest balcony without being a suite

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? NA

Any specific problems with this cabin? See below

This was not a connecting cabin and I swear our neighbors were deaf because they had their TV so loud and then would yell at each other over it. These inconsiderate people even had housekeeping come at 2:30am and vaccuum up what the front desk told me was a broken glass. I was woken up the first 3 nights by them. I have never had this problem on any other Celebrity cruise. It is probably no fault of the cabin but if you have loud neighbors you WILL hear them even though it is not connecting. Come to think of it I heard banging from all sides (up, down, and to the right too). The door to the right of the cabin I don't think was too much of a problem as most noise came from 1077, but we just heard noise all around in this cabin. I was annoyed since we try to get away from this on vacation -- we deal with it at home in our apartment.

Also I noticed a LOT of salt on the balcony. This is probably due to the fact that she did a transatlantic before our cruise and we were the first leaving from Ft. Lauderdale for the season, but very salty. Also I noticed that because we were close to the crew closet, the rolling stateroom attendant cart was often times left in front of our door. This was annoying to me, but maybe not to others. I liked the location, layout, and balcony of this cabin, but the noise was very annoying to me.

Edited by CruisingTheWaves

CABIN #: 1546

CLASS: A2

AREA: Forward

BALCONY SIZE: Normal

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: We would book this cabin again. It was quiet and convenient to the forward elevators and stairs. One deck below the Solarium and Aqua Spa Cafe.

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 8283

CLASS: 1A

AREA: This is just a few cabins from the ship elevators. I desired this because of the reduced walking distances. I had no noise from the elevators.

BALCONY VIEW:

BALCONY SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?:

SOOT A PROBLEM?:

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Problems: if you are sensitive to cigarette smoke, note that the backside of the bump gets cigarette smoke from deck 5 legal smoking spots under many sailing conditions. I complained several times about not being able to use the balcony because of smoke (I am smoke sensitive). They sent a senior person, who found that it is smoke from Deck 5. They offered to move me to a different stateroom, but none of the alternates were in an acceptable location, as ship was full (the alternate location would have required long corridor walks). If you are smoke sensitive, I would not book the port side, as that is where on the Solstice ALL of the legal smoking locations are positioned.

My cabin attendant was Flenny (Dec 22 2013 sailing). He and his crew clean twice a day and generally clean well. He is not the most attentive, unless you ask for something. I only had one towel creation and not very creative.

The stateroom is on what is called the bump - the port side, back of the bump. Beware if you plan to photograph from the balcony, the backside does not necessarily have the same visibility as the front side or flat side.

In Dec 2013, the deck railings were being refinished. When cruise started, my railing was being refinished... Beware, you can get substantial arm cuts if you lean onto the uncovered railing.

Double bed is closest to the door (rather than the balcony). I experienced no noise from neighbors or the elevators. given other comments about noise in staterooms, I had none.

Anyone else get suite guarantee assignments for Jan 11 sailing? I think we pretty much got the worst room. Never ever doing STE GTY again.

We are below Oceanview Cafe. Anyone ever stay in this room or vicinity? How noisy? How bad is the overhang and support poles?

Thanks

I would call my TA (or X if booked direct) and ask them if they can put you in another cabin with the same category. Most of the time they will if you ask or maybe you can upgrade for a small fee?

CABIN #: 6238

DECK #: 6

CLASS: A1

AREA: Mid Ship

BED NEAR: Away from Balcony

QUIET?: Yes, very

BALCONY VIEW: Below on deck 5 there is a boat/tender. Didn't bother us at all as we could see out just not look down because of the boat.

BALCONY SIZE: Extra large due to the postion on the hump, very nice.

WIND A PROBLEM?: None at all

SOOT A PROBLEM?: None at all

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:Good position on deck 6, near elevators and stairs. Nice balcony being extra large, almost twice as large as standard balcony.

SHIP: Celebrity Reflection

CABIN #: 2154

CLASS: Aqua Class Suite

AREA: 300 sq ft

QUIET?: You can hear some noise from the 14th deck but very little and only while sitting on the balcony

BALCONY SIZE: 79 sq ft - 2 chairs, 2 footstools, and 1 3-foot diameter table. Regular cabin has a 54 sq ft balcony so this is more roomy

WIND A PROBLEM?: none. well blocked from wind. it was 30 knots wind and we were sitting on the balcony

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:This is a super room. The butler was great and this was a nice feature we have never had before. The cabin is on the same floor as the spa/exercise area and right next to the future cruise desk. Convenient to central stairs. Plenty of room and tons of storage - way more than needed for a 7 day cruise. suite benefits are nice and this room also has aqua spa benefits (blu and persian gardens and free bottled water). Bhas a spa tub and a shower with about 5 nozzles. Room was big enough so that we could comfortably have breakfast in the room.

Deck - 11

Cabin # 1551

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near? Balcony

Quiet Cabin- Yes. No noise from above.

Balcony View - Window washing equipment no problem at all for view. Posed a slight problem for picture taking.

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? Not specific to this cabin, but storage over bed difficult to access

Any other comments? Loved this cabin. Would stay again.

SHIP: Celebrity Reflection

CABIN #: 1509

CLASS: Aqua Class, AQ2

AREA:

BED NEAR: Bath, headboard towards front

QUIET?: Very quiet, no sounds from neighbors, hallway or on balcony. Located under Persian Garden.

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed left (aft), up (no overhang), down (no lifeboats). Slightly obstructed by the bridge wing one deck down to the right (forward) but great view of the officers when docking the vessel.

BALCONY SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?: No wind when the vessel is moving, but some due to windy weather...

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Located on a quiet hallway with the Relaxation Room at the end, but no thru traffic. No overhang.

CABIN #: 8259

AREA: 1B

QUIET?: No

BALCONY VIEW: Very Good

BALCONY SIZE: Hump, normal size

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Creaking noise constantly in cabin. After putting up with it for 5 nights asked guest services to move to another cabin. No fuss, immediately moved...wondering if they knew of problem. Room attendant said she heard nothing and there had been no reported problems. Great location, hope they can fix noise.

Deck - 11

Cabin # 1551

Class – Aqua

Starboard or Port Side - Port

Bed near? Balcony

Quiet Cabin- Yes. No noise from above.

Balcony View - Window washing equipment no problem at all for view. Posed a slight problem for picture taking.

Balcony Size? Normal

Was wind a problem? No

If an aft cabin, was soot a problem? N/A

Any specific problems with this cabin? Not specific to this cabin, but storage over bed difficult to access

Any other comments? Loved this cabin. Would stay again.

Correction: Bed is actually near bath!