S-Class Cabin Information Compilation - PLEASE - DO NOT POST CABIN QUESTIONS HERE!!!

Mysticks1

SHIP: Reflection

CABIN #: 8193

DECK #: 8

CLASS: 1C

AREA: Port Forward

BED NEAR: Bath facing aft

QUIET?: Yes

BALCONY VIEW: Very Good

BALCONY SIZE: Standard - Good depth for chairs and footstools

WIND A PROBLEM?: No, not on this cruise.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: No

COMMENTS: Good location. Just across from the forward elevators but still a quiet and convenient location.

CABIN #: 1540

DECK #: 11

CLASS: AQ

AREA: Forward

BED NEAR: Balcony

QUIET?: Mainly. Some noise from crew area across the hall

BALCONY VIEW: Excellent. Can see the navigation bridge, but it doesn't obstruct.

BALCONY SIZE: Medium

WIND A PROBLEM?: No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:Very near forward elevator, but not close enough to get noise. Just down the hall from Relaxation Room

Ship: reflection

Cabin #7318

Deck #7

class

Area: aft starboard

Bed: near balcony

Quiet: yes

Balcony view: looking down on life rafts but not obstructed looking out

Balcony size: average to small. 2 chairs and one table, no footstools

Wind: no more than expected, increased when sailing into the wind.

Soot: none

Problems: balcony railing varnish already sun blistered.

SHIP: Eclipse

CABIN #: 2102

DECK #: 12 - Resort

CLASS: C2

AREA: Starbord side - very first cabin aft, as you leave the pool area - elevators right outside door

BED NEAR: Window

QUIET?: not really

BALCONY VIEW: awesome - can view aft to forward

BALCONY SIZE: average size

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Crew started using a crew gate right above on deck 14 at approx. 5am. It would squeal and thump every time it was used. Guest services made many attempts to correct the problem but could not find a resolution. During the day there was also a swishing type sound, likely from the sliding doors above. This would not occur at night. While we love love love the location, we won't book this particular cabin again.

Edited by Elusive_Cruiser

SHIP: Silhouette

CABIN #: 8268

DECK #:

CLASS: 1C

AREA: midship

BED NEAR: balcony, loved having room to get into the closet

QUIET?: very, only heard doors closing in cabins next to us, no TV or Talking was heard

BALCONY VIEW: no obstructions

BALCONY SIZE: 2 chairs and small table, adequate room to stretch your lets out

WIND A PROBLEM?:no

SOOT A PROBLEM?:no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Very good location, about 15 cabins down from elevator bank. Quiet reading area by the elevators with coffee on this floor. The couch must have been at least 5 feet long, very roomy between closet and bed. We put the small table in the area close to the balcony door to remove obstructive walking area in front of couch.

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 2112

DECK #: 12

AREA: starboard side, just down the hallway from the glass elevators next to the pool

BED NEAR: Closet/bath

BALCONY VIEW: Pillar just to the right of the veranda and large overhang above, but we could see plenty of ocean. We could be seen by all cabins aft of ours when standing at the rail because of the backwards angle but most of the veranda is very private.

BALCONY SIZE: Slightly larger than normal (last angled veranda on the back side of the hump.)

WIND A PROBLEM?: No - very little wind at all because of location

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Great location for access to pools, fitness center and Oceanview Cafe. No noise from the cafe above at all. My Mom (80, slight mobility issues) had no trouble getting out to pool or to the aft elevators. No noise from the pool area even on party nights. Veranda only gets limited sun due to overhang, but for us that was a plus. Straight down the elevators to most inside venues (bars, restaurants) so it's a great C2 for people with mobility issues. Wouldn't hesitate to book it again.

CABIN #: 9376

DECK #: 9

CLASS: S1

AREA: Oops...I don't know my starboard from my portside. It was at the very back of the ship (aft) on a corner.

BED NEAR: Window. The support pole is on the side of the bed which is opposite the side of the bed with the balcony sliding door. (On the entry side). It is right next to the bed by about 10 inches, halfway down from the headboard. Not an issue at all.

QUIET?: Yes.

BALCONY VIEW: Fantastic. Since it is on a corner, you have a much more panoramic view. If you are sitting down in the loungers, no one can see you from above, as there is a slight overhang, so privacy is not an issue. Only if you are standing at the edge are you in public view.

BALCONY SIZE: On the corner as mentioned, so we had a table and three loungers, and still had extra room.

WIND A PROBLEM?: It was a windy sailing no matter where you were on the ship. In the loungers it was breezy and comfortable. Standing up, yes, you felt the wind, but not in any way a problem.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: Not a problem. Was it there? Only in slight amounts and only at the beginning of the cruise. It all depends upon the wind, of course. We never had any show up on the loungers or table. It collected in miniscule amounts at the very edge, just near the glass in a recessed area. It is hardly worth mentioning.

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: No problems at all for us! We loved all the space and the fantastic balcony, the phenomenal bathroom with a tub and shower. We used the balcony a LOT this cruise. It is far from the elevators and stairs if that is an issue for you. It was not for us. I did not gain a single pound on this cruise, but then...I rarely do. We take the stairs 90% of the time. We would book this again with no hesitation.

Ship: Solstice

Cabin: 1028

Deck: 10

Class: Concierge Class

Area: Port Side close to the elevators

Bed Near: Bath

Quiet: Our room had no ship noise but we enjoyed the waves gentle hitting the side of the ship. Two nights we slept with the sliding glass door open. The gentle waves gave us the most relaxing and peaceful night sleep.

Balcony View: Could not have asked for a better view.

Balcony Size: Was larger than a normal balcony because it was an accessible balcony. There was a slight ramp at the sliding glass door for ease of getting to the balcony. Once on the balcony, I had no trouble turning completely around in my wheelchair.

Wind Problem: There was no real wind problem or noise

Soot A Problem: No soot problem

Problems/Comment: Celebrity Cruise line gave us the best information on line before booking our cruise with them pertaining to accessibility on the ship. Our accessible state room and bathroom was plenty large enough for both my husband and I to get ready and not feel cramped. Our state room door automatically opened when we inserted our sea pass in the key slot and every public bathroom on the ship had an automatic push button door opener as well. We were very impressed with every detail we were given to insure people in a wheelchair could have the time of their life on a cruise ship. This was a great first impression. :)

CABIN #: 6307

DECK #: Continental

CLASS: SV

AREA: Aft

BED NEAR: Veranda doors

QUIET?: very

BALCONY VIEW: Excellent complete aft of ship and to port side

BALCONY SIZE: average for the ship

WIND A PROBLEM?:No

SOOT A PROBLEM?:had just one issue as ship reversed into port, cleaned by staff quickly

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: this is second time I have had an aft SV grade cabin I love them watching the sun set over the wake of the ship is great, they are quiet, some people don't like the fact that they are a decent walk from the lifts, but I don't mind.

Ship: Solstice

Cabin: 1028

Deck: 10

Class: Concierge Class

Area: Starboard Side close to the elevators

Bed Near: Bath

Quiet: Our room had no ship noise but we enjoyed the waves gentle hitting the side of the ship. Two nights we slept with the sliding glass door open. The gentle waves gave us the most relaxing and peaceful night sleep.

Balcony View: Could not have asked for a better view.

Balcony Size: Was larger than a normal balcony because it was an accessible balcony. There was a slight ramp at the sliding glass door for ease of getting to the balcony. Once on the balcony, I had no trouble turning completely around in my wheelchair.

Wind Problem: There was no real wind problem or noise

Soot A Problem: No soot problem

Problems/Comment: Celebrity Cruise line gave us the best information on line before booking our cruise with them pertaining to accessibility on the ship. Our accessible state room and bathroom was plenty large enough for both my husband and I to get ready and not feel cramped. Our state room door automatically opened when we inserted our sea pass in the key slot and every public bathroom on the ship had an automatic push button door opener as well. We were very impressed with every detail we were given to insure people in a wheelchair could have the time of their life on a cruise ship. This was a great first impression. :)

Made a small correction to my previous post - State room location is Star Board Side not Port Side - Sorry for the mistake.

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 1554

CLASS: A1

AREA: Forward hump

BED NEAR: Bath

BALCONY VIEW: Obstructed

BALCONY SIZE: Very large

SOOT A PROBLEM?: no

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:The window-washing equipment was a problem for my husband. I could focus beyond the equipment and enjoy the view (a little like ignoring a spot on my glasses); he couldn't ignore it and it bothered him the entire cruise. We won't be booking this or any other room with an obstruction again.

Any reason why Rm 1662 in AQ A2 on the Solstice is not listed in your spreadsheet?

Thanks Betty

Attached is the most current version, divided into 2 parts due to the size of the files.

PLEASE be sure to include SHIP NAME when posting cabin details.

If you would like an excel version of the spreadsheet (1 file) please email me at the address below.

Please notify me, if you find any errors or discrepancies in the information included herein.

Edited by bring2521

CABIN #: 1676

CLASS: C1

AREA: Aft

QUIET?: Yes, very

BALCONY VIEW: Lovely view of the aft - the front part of the balcony can be overlooked from above.

BALCONY SIZE: One of the row of widest balconies on the aft, due to a cupboard between 2 cabins

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Since we love the aft I would choose this cabin again - particularly with a wider balcony.

CABIN #: 9191

CLASS: 1B

AREA: Midship/Port

BED NEAR: Bathroom

BALCONY VIEW: Beautiful view from the middle of the ship. Looking to either side can see the forward or aft hump

BALCONY SIZE: Normal/regular size

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Loved this location on the ship. Would not hesitate to book again.

Thanks Dennis and Judy..... I thought might be the case. Didnt want to think they removed my room before I even got to sail in a month ;)

Library Lady posts reviews when people post them. If there are no reviews for a particular room it means that nobody has posted one. Take a look at the reviews for the cabins nearby, and post a review when you return.

SHIP: Solstice

CABIN #: 9241 (Connecting... outside doorway only, so did not affect cabin space or privacy)

AREA: Rear area of Hump, Port Side. Very close to elevators but no noise or traffic because of this.

BED NEAR: Bath/Closet

BALCONY VIEW: Aft.. and forward only along the hump

BALCONY SIZE: Extra Large. 9'2" along rail, 8' at wall. Left side partition was 9'9" and the right side was just over 12', which made for a nice deep corner during late sunny part of day.

WIND A PROBLEM?: Only on one day when winds and rain actually wet the balcony door overnight.

SOOT A PROBLEM?: NO

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Loved the location of the cabin on the ship, but would consider booking the mirror image on the Starboard side next time. There were a lot of sea days and we ate on the balcony frequently, and I was often bothered by the smoke drifting up from Deck 5...as Port Side of the ship is the designated Smoking Area.

2014-02-21005726.jpg

2014-02-21005549.jpg

2014-03-07172238.jpg

2014-03-01171138.jpg

2014-02-21171311.jpg

2014-02-21005819.jpg

CABIN #: 2107

DECK #: 12

CLASS: Aqua A1

AREA: Forward, Port side

BED NEAR: Closet, but not too close

QUIET?: yes. Cabin is under the Aqua Spa Cafe, but never heard any noise from it.

BALCONY VIEW: on slant so you unobstructed port side and aft views. Not much sun despite less overhang on right side.

BALCONY SIZE: very large. Sloping from standard size to plus 3-4 feet on right side.

WIND A PROBLEM?: no, right side (forward) is a solid wall that blocks the wind

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: This cabin is right next to the spa reception area. DW loved that it was just a few steps to the Persian Garden thermal suite. Also close to forward elevators.

We liked it so much we booked the same cabin for a cruise in September 2015.

Ship: Equinox

cabin #2104

Deck: Resort

Class: C2

Area: starboard, mid to aft

Bed near bathroom

Quiet: Very

Balcony view: excellent aft, pretty good forward

Balcony size: normal first before the hump

Wind: only if all doors opened at same time

Soot: n/a

Comments: great location, just off pool, & elevator banks, one deck below Ocean View Cafe. Balcony had 2 chairs that reclined with separate footrests & a nice sized table.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cabin reports on this thread have been compiled into a spreadsheet that can be read online or downloaded to Excel for further review and research. The date of the spreadsheet reflects the last update.

Thanks for your contribution.

S Class Cabin Spreadsheet.

Please use this format for posting your cabin reviews. Feel free to add photos or links to photos also.

CABIN #: 9326

DECK #: 9 Panorama

CLASS: 3C

AREA: Aft Starboard

BED NEAR: Bathroom

QUIET?: Yes Very

BALCONY VIEW: Normal..no issues

BALCONY SIZE: standard 54 sq.ft.

SOOT A PROBLEM?:No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

No problems, great location, easy elevator access..no noise issues.

SHIP: Equinox

CABIN #: 1510

CLASS: A2

AREA: Fwd Starboard

QUIET?: Yes. Very occasional, very slight noise from spa/gym above.

BALCONY VIEW: Unobstructed, but only 5 cabins down from bridge, so slightly limited forward views. Not a problem

BALCONY SIZE: standard 54 sq.ft.

SOOT A PROBLEM?:No

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Very nice cabin, quiet area of the ship with very easy access to both Spa and Relaxation lounge.

CABIN #: 1650

CLASS: A2

AREA: Starboard Aft

BED NEAR: Bath

BALCONY VIEW: Great

BALCONY SIZE: Standard

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS: Had a strange banging noise above the first two nights, but then it went away after we docked in San Juan, so don't think it's a problem with the room. Probably something left unsecured for the first sea days.

Cabin reports on this thread have been compiled into a spreadsheet that can be read online or downloaded to Excel for further review and research. The date of the spreadsheet reflects the last update.

Thanks for your contribution.

S Class Cabin Spreadsheet.

Please use this format for posting your cabin reviews. Feel free to add photos or links to photos also.

SHIP: Cel

CABIN #:

DECK #:

CLASS:

AREA:

BED NEAR:

QUIET?:

BALCONY VIEW:

BALCONY SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?:

SOOT A PROBLEM?:

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

SHIP:

CABIN #:

DECK #:

CLASS:

AREA:

BED NEAR:

QUIET?:

BALCONY VIEW:

BALCONY SIZE:

WIND A PROBLEM?:

SOOT A PROBLEM?:

PROBLEMS/COMMENTS:

Ship: Celebrity Silhouette

Cabin: 8340

Deck: 8

Class: S2 suite

Bed near Balcony

Quiet: Yes

Balcony View: Aft and port (I think)

Balcony Size: Great large- aft and port view!

Wind a Problem: No

Soot a problem: small amounts-cleaned daily.

Problems/Comments:

One of the nicest Sky suites we have ever had- a walk to the elevators but worth it. Our Butler Dominic was the best. The room was very spacious and very comfortable. So much storage space that we didn't even use it all. Have had Sky Suites on the Millineum class-this surely tops them. A large sliding glass door to the balcony, plus a nice window by the couch. Very private. Suite had a beautiful bathroom with a bathtub and rainshower.