Anyone ever get "Simply Elegant" Flower Arrangement

esbie11

I am thinking about getting my parents a flower arrangement for our upcoming cruise. While I have seen the rose bouquet before, I have never seen any of the other non-romantic type of arrangements. I am looking specifically at the "Simply Elegant" one. Has anyone ever ordered this one and were you happy with it? Or have you ever gotten one of the other (non-rose) arrangements that you were or were not happy with?

I am thinking about getting my parents a flower arrangement for our upcoming cruise. While I have seen the rose bouquet before, I have never seen any of the other non-romantic type of arrangements. I am looking specifically at the "Simply Elegant" one. Has anyone ever ordered this one and were you happy with it? Or have you ever gotten one of the other (non-rose) arrangements that you were or were not happy with?

Yes, I have received the other arrangements and they are beautiful, I was never disappointed. Your parents would love it, very thoughtful of you!

Does HAL put fresh flowers in the cabins already? I am thinking about ordering some if they don't.

You might want to try the Holland America thread for that question. We have cruised in their "S" suites before........but I have always had to order flowers.

Rick

This is the bouquet we ordered for a friend on Enchantment of the Seas. It was worth the price they charged.

Mike

249223992_YZuWt-M.jpg.207f1ccedc1619446a9195ccb7d99962.jpg

I have ordered online and from the flower cart and have never been disappointed. The flowers were a nice touch and stayed nice the entire cruise. As pointed out however, you cannot remove the flowers from the ship at disembarkment as customs will take them. No food or plant material may be taken through US customs.

• 2 years later...

I don't see "Simply Elegant" on the gifts and gear. My DH and our travel agent both ordered me flowers for my birthday last year. Funny thing was they got me the exact same ones. It was a tropical purplish/pink flower in a low square glass vase. We put them side by side. They lasted the 9 days of the cruise and in fact, we left them behind when we debarked and they were still nice.

I've ordered lots of arrangements and loved them all. One problem I had with "Elegant Orchids" however, was that the arrangement sticks out to one side, and depending on where I put it, I sometimes bumped into it. Given this, I prefer arrangements that are more compact or up-and-down.

IMG_2459.jpg

These are the rose that my husband had delivered to our cabin for my birthday on our Feb. 2011 cruise on Freedom. I was allowed to take them off the ship when we returned to Port Canaveral. The customs guy just asked where I had got the flowers, I told him they were from the onboard florist (who happens to be a local port area business) and they said no problem.

On our cruise on Nav a few weeks ago DH ordered the birthday special for me which included a flower arrangement shaped like a cake, in fact, at first glance I thought it was really a cake:D, very pretty! I've seen other arrangements in other cabins; I think RCI does a great job with flowers.

Carol

Why does there seem to be two price levels or each package i.e. simply romantic is $39 and $58? The $58 level states: Add a splash of romance to a loved ones stateroom with this beautiful arrangement of Pink roses intertwined with exotic orchids.

Just curious what the difference is between the two levels? Is it just pink roses added to the upper priced package? All flower packages seem to have a upper price and a lower price.

Have pre ordered in the past. Very nice arrangements. Now we head to the Floral Cart once we are on the ship and order. If they are not busy they will make it while you wait and let you pick some of the flowers.

We also have pre-ordered in the past (just love having some fresh flowers in the cabin...and don't require a special occasion :)) but now I head for the florist shop right after we board. You can pick out your own flowers, roses, mixed arrangements, etc. and the prices are better onboard than on the pre-ordered arrangements. Last cruise I got a bouquet of 6 roses in a vase with greenery and baby's breath for $24 from the flower shop onboard. After ordering, we walked around for about 30 min. and by the time we got back to the cabin, the flowers were there! The roses lasted very nicely all 7 days, though I did change the water twice during the week.

BuckeyeMan - the 2 prices are for a basic arrangement (the lower priced one) and a fancier version of the same design with more flowers (the higher priced one.)

Archived