Finding Other Local Cruisers?

We love to cruise, but find most of our friends can't afford to cruise right now or are not interested in cruising. How do you find other people interested in trying a cruise? It is sometimes nice to go with other people and enjoy their company.

Thanks!

Cruisingjer

We are on the Adventure of the Seas. We were just wondering how most people get other people or neighbors to cruise with them.

We usually are in the same position as we don't have kids and everyone does, so doing a cruise is more expensive. However we keep talking about it with friends. This year we finally got some takers. It's our 20th Anniv and right now my parents are coming, their first cruise, and 2 other couples we know, so it will be great.

Alaska is our favorite and we say it every year, if your going let us know and we are there.

Hi Cruisingjer,

You dont have to look far we are right here

We live in Waconia Mn

I organise a group cruise every year or every other year

We are going on the Liberty of the seas in Feb-28-09

Our last cruise i had a group of 18 going to Hawaii

This cruise there was 12 but 4 had to back out

This will be our seventh cruise

Were do you live

Art

I understand what you're saying; that you'd like to go with people you know. We started going with friends a few years ago and enjoy it much more than when we went alone regardless of how many people we meet on board. Like someone else said, we just really talk it up with all our friends and that got them interested. Perhaps if your friends can't afford it you can wait till you find a spectacular deal and get them interested.

Artkoll... We live in the northeast suburbs(Hugo) Would love to hear more about the group you organize!

We have gone booth with friends and family and have went by ourselves. We prefer going with other couples as it seems to give us more things to do. Most of our friends have two children(we have one) and can't afford the cost right now. Some of our friends are leary of going on a cruise and we keep trying to talk them into it.

Hi Cruisingjer,

You dont have to look far we are right here

We live in Waconia Mn

I organise a group cruise every year or every other year

We are going on the Liberty of the seas in Feb-28-09

Our last cruise i had a group of 18 going to Hawaii

This cruise there was 12 but 4 had to back out

This will be our seventh cruise

Were do you live

Art

Good luck with finding Art! :D We never did find him in Hawaii....but that was a really, really awkward roll call. :rolleyes: Wasn't that 2006? Hawaii was a wonderful cruise though! We'd love to do that one again. :D

We have met people from all over, many that we correspond and vacation with..that includes cruises and land cruises. We also have friends that live locally, that we first met in roll calls and then cruised with. We meet them for lunches over in San Francisco and nearby and sometimes dinners at other locations.

Email is such a great medium for keeping in touch with people all over. We have been very fortunate in the friends and people we have met through Cruise Critic. :D

Hi Pbhunt,

Hope everything is well with you and your family and yes the roll call was a little different

Your right it was in 2006 our last cruise was in the southern caribbean Jan 2008

Cruisingjer,

Our groups ages are from about 30 to 60 I am 52 and my MUCH BETTER HALF is 10 years younger i best not tell her age OPPS:rolleyes:

I start looking at cruises about a year out to get the best deal

I do use a TA thay do give better OBC and extra stuff

I like to cruise in Jan or Feb Or the first week in Mar

Most of the people are freinds and family and freinds of freinds that become freinds

We always leave a day early in case of bad weather

I make up flyers and post them at work

A couple from work went last time and are going this time thay are hooked

Our next cruise will most likely be on the Oasis i want to see the ship but have been to all of the islands

Talk to ya later

Art... We now Cruise in early March, used to cruise early Feb, but now wait until school break. I am around the same age as your better half and also are looking at Oasis as our next voyage for next year. We usually book 10-12 months in advance as well.

We love to cruise, but find most of our friends can't afford to cruise right now or are not interested in cruising. How do you find other people interested in trying a cruise? It is sometimes nice to go with other people and enjoy their company.

Thanks!

Cruisingjer

Here are a few things you can try......

First put your location in your signature. You'd be surprised how many people will post and comment on your location.

Next try starting a MN thread....and then post the link in your signature.

You may need to post it on another section as they will most likely move it from a RC thread. Before you know it you'll have quite a few "neighbors"

Also try a local Travel Agency who may have cruises or tours booked. You may find some locals booked on something you like.

And finally just keep on CC....its a great way to meet others who not only enjoy cruising, but who also are in the "same boat" so to speak and are looking for others to cruise with. :)

Good luck!

Archived