No 1st night Seafood Buffet on the Ruby?

Av8tor

A head waiter on the Ruby said that the Café Caribe Seafood Buffet on the first evening was stopped on the Ruby about three weeks ago. Does anyone else have any info from other ships?

Happy Sailing,

Paul

We were planning on enjoying it on the first night - but I'm also confused - others have posted that the Ruby did have the seafood buffet - but perhaps it was more than 3 weeks ago?:confused:

Maybe not enough people knew about it and they decided to discontinue it.

Sharon & Steve

This was the only edible meal in the Caribe Cafe - So they probably cancelled it so that every night would be bad food.

We were on the Ruby in early December and had the worst food ever on a ship.

This was the only edible meal in the Caribe Cafe - So they probably cancelled it so that every night would be bad food.

Really? So where was the best food...........NCL?

Unfortunately most of the Princess ships do not have the Cafe Caribe so never had the opportunity to enjoy the Seafood buffet.

Marilyn

The first night Seafood Buffet is held in the Horizon Court on the Crown, not the Cafe Caribe. The Cafe Caribe isn't open for the first night, at least going out of San Juan. It was on the other grand class ships that we were on that didn't have the Cafe Caribe.

I just assumed this was standard for Princess for the first night.

The first night Seafood Buffet is held in the Horizon Court on the Crown, not the Cafe Caribe. The Cafe Caribe isn't open for the first night, at least going out of San Juan. It was on the other grand class ships that we were on that didn't have the Cafe Caribe.

I just assumed this was standard for Princess for the first night.

Hmmm I was on the Star this past Oct. and did not see a seafood buffet the first nite. I am a little confused. I assumed the Seafood buffet that everyone talks about is on the Cafe Caribe not the Horizon Ct.

Marilyn

Wow, that is a strong statement. We were on the 12/6 sailing and loved the food.

Yep. Can confirm no seafood buffet on the 1/3 sailing.

What a bummer! This is something we always look forward to on the first night to avoid the first night chaos in the anytime dining rooms. We were on the Ruby in Dec and had a great buffett after sail away. I wonder what they will have instead?

The Seafood Buffet is only offered on ships with the Caribe Cafe, Crown, Caribbean, Emerald and Ruby. However, it is in the Horizon Court when they offer it. It is being reported on the current live from thread that it is still in the HC on the Emerald as recently as this current cruise.

The Seafood Buffet is only offered on ships with the Caribe Cafe, Crown, Caribbean, Emerald and Ruby. However, it is in the Horizon Court when they offer it. It is being reported on the current live from thread that it is still in the HC on the Emerald as recently as this current cruise.

Ok - so now I am more confused than ever.

What doesn't make sense is why a Head waiter on the Ruby would tell Av8tor they discontinued it in the Cafe Caribe 3 wks ago, without mentioning that it is actually held in the Horizon Court, if that is indeed the case.

Maybe it is still being held on the Emerald and not the Ruby?:confused:

Our first experience with the Seafood buffet was on the CB in Dec 06. It was absolutely amazing! The lobster claws were huge and the crab legs were wonderful. And it took place in Cafe Caribe.

Being from Boston we are lobster snobs and never eat the lobster tails in the dinning room as we don't think they are very good. But we LOVE the claws in the seafood buffet.

We missed the seafood buffet on the CB in June 08 due to traveling with the a bunch of the family and were sad.

So when we hit the Ruby in 12/13/08 we were SO excited for it. It was located in the Horizon Court this time and we were extremely disappointed. Both the claws and crab legs were TINY. I only had a few and then went to dinner later.

I have heard mixed reviews about the seafood buffet lately and maybe Princess is taking it away. After what I saw on the Ruby I won't miss it.

Now if they could bring it back to the quality of 06 I would love it. But if they aren't going to do it right, I say, don't do it all.

Ok - so now I am more confused than ever.

What doesn't make sense is why a Head waiter on the Ruby would tell Av8tor they discontinued it in the Cafe Caribe 3 wks ago, without mentioning that it is actually held in the Horizon Court, if that is indeed the case.

Maybe it is still being held on the Emerald and not the Ruby?:confused:

It is quite possible that I could be wrong. It was what I understood from reading these boards over the years and my experience on the CB and the Crown Princess as well as what was reported on the Live From the Emerald thread going on now.

I wonder then if it is being discontinured on all ships? Can anyone confirm or deny??

I just got confirmation from friends that are on the CB right now that the seafood buffet was wonderful so.......maybe just the Ruby???:confused:

Our first experience with the Seafood buffet was on the CB in Dec 06. It was absolutely amazing! The lobster claws were huge and the crab legs were wonderful. And it took place in Cafe Caribe.

Being from Boston we are lobster snobs and never eat the lobster tails in the dinning room as we don't think they are very good. But we LOVE the claws in the seafood buffet.

We missed the seafood buffet on the CB in June 08 due to traveling with the a bunch of the family and were sad.

So when we hit the Ruby in 12/13/08 we were SO excited for it. It was located in the Horizon Court this time and we were extremely disappointed. Both the claws and crab legs were TINY. I only had a few and then went to dinner later.

I have heard mixed reviews about the seafood buffet lately and maybe Princess is taking it away. After what I saw on the Ruby I won't miss it.

Now if they could bring it back to the quality of 06 I would love it. But if they aren't going to do it right, I say, don't do it all.

Thanks for posting this as we also tried it a few years ago on the CB and loved it. Now I can at least somewhat curb my excitement as it probably won't be until 2010 that we can cruise Princess and who knows what will be happening by that time. Guess at least we have our memories!!!;)

Archived