Caribe or Lido BA?

Orator

Thanks for input. Booked Caribe.

We always jokingly call our Caribe balcony the "Terrace" because they are so big and partially open above. LOL! They are perfect as they accomodate sun lovers as well as shade lovers.

Tip: if anyone is traveling with friends or family, that you intend to be with a lot, especially at sailaways, you can book one Caribe balcony cabin and one (or more) inside cabins(s), across or nearby, and save lots of money!

Caribe, never again on Lido. :)

I've only sailed three times ever and so wondering why you would say "never again on Lido"? I'm currently booked on Golden going to Alask in May on the Aloha deck fwd so this is why I'm asking. Am I too far up on the ship....too far fwd? Do you recommend that we change to the Caribe deck?? Please advise.

.png

Thanks for input. Booked Caribe.
You made the right choice. Absolutely nothing would entice me to book the Lido deck; I've had cabins in the past with public deck above me and I will never, ever book a cabin like that again, no matter how little foot traffic is expected.

You made the right choice. Absolutely nothing would entice me to book the Lido deck; I've had cabins in the past with public deck above me and I will never, ever book a cabin like that again, no matter how little foot traffic is expected.

Lido is a great location, there could be a marching band on the deck above and it wouldn't be a problem. It is also good if you want to people watch on the open balconys below.:eek:, I certainly wouldn't want to be on Caribe, anything but.

Lido is a great location, there could be a marching band on the deck above and it wouldn't be a problem. It is also good if you want to people watch on the open balconys below.:eek:, I certainly wouldn't want to be on Caribe, anything but.
It's great we have choices.

I've only sailed three times ever and so wondering why you would say "never again on Lido"? I'm currently booked on Golden going to Alask in May on the Aloha deck fwd so this is why I'm asking. Am I too far up on the ship....too far fwd? Do you recommend that we change to the Caribe deck?? Please advise.

.png

You are fine on Aloha, Caribe would be another choice I would entertain.

Lido deck has so much foot traffic to the over the bridge obsevation area on some of the Grand Class ships. The door to get out there is always slamming shaking the doors all the way down the hallway.

The hallway was always sweltering from the double doors out to the pool deck area being stuck open and the additional set of swinging doors. The hot air gets sucked into the passageway along with all the cig smoke from the smoking area outside those doors as well.

I would shut the doors but then as soon as someone else would walk through they stayed open again. :)

Lido deck has so much foot traffic to the over the bridge obsevation area on some of the Grand Class ships. The door to get out there is always slamming shaking the doors all the way down the hallway.

The hallway was always sweltering from the double doors out to the pool deck area being stuck open and the additional set of swinging doors. The hot air gets sucked into the passageway along with all the cig smoke from the smoking area outside those doors as well.

I would shut the doors but then as soon as someone else would walk through they stayed open again. :)

Absolutely not in my experience, actually very quiet, very little traffic.

Boy am I glad that we didn't experience that while we were on the Lido deck on our last two sailings. Maybe we just got lucky with the smoking issue. Possibly our location helped??? Again......just lucky. :)

Gee, we had polar opposite Lido experiences then - no noise, no smoke, no sweltering heat, no slamming doors to the over-the-bridge area (I only noticed a few people out there on my cruise so obviously it is still a secret on some ships)! I would book Lido again in a heartbeat. It was quite peaceful actually :D

So sorry you didn't enjoy your time there Colo.:(

Miriam

Archived