Family Friendly Hotel Pre-Cruise in Miami

CurlyQ132

I like the Marriotts. I'm staying in one now. :) We stayed in the Miami Airport Marriot which had a free shuttle to the hotel and then a shuttle for a cost to the port. There are other "airport" Marriotts (Springfield Suites, Residence Inn etc) in the area too. The regular Marriott has packages with free breakfast. For Residence Inns, you can get a 1 or 2 bedroom suite with free breakfast. I love them for traveling with kids.

In January we stayed at the Embassy Suites Miami Airport. It was very kid friendly. There is a shuttle from the airport, snacks in the evening, and breakfast the next morning. They also offer a shuttle to the port for a fee. I don't know the fee cost because we had a rental car so we got to the port via Alamo's shuttle.

• 7 months later...

Hi there teachnh . Your comment about Embassy Suites being kid-friendly caught my eye.

We plan to take a cruise from Port of Miami. Will be travelling with a 2.5 year old and will probably arrive late into Miami. Are there any restaurants or take out joints around Embassy Suites ( walking distance - we won't rent a car ) . Since we arrive so late into Miami ; I have to figure out what to do about dinner. The only onsite dining option is Barcelona Steakhouse which is not an option since we are vegetarians. Would you know if there are any Chinese take outs that deliver to the hotel ?

In January we stayed at the Embassy Suites Miami Airport. It was very kid friendly. There is a shuttle from the airport, snacks in the evening, and breakfast the next morning. They also offer a shuttle to the port for a fee. I don't know the fee cost because we had a rental car so we got to the port via Alamo's shuttle.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi there teachnh . Your comment about Embassy Suites being kid-friendly caught my eye.

We plan to take a cruise from Port of Miami. Will be travelling with a 2.5 year old and will probably arrive late into Miami. Are there any restaurants or take out joints around Embassy Suites ( walking distance - we won't rent a car ) . Since we arrive so late into Miami ; I have to figure out what to do about dinner. The only onsite dining option is Barcelona Steakhouse which is not an option since we are vegetarians. Would you know if there are any Chinese take outs that deliver to the hotel ?

We used to always have the same issue. Now what I do is a week or so before I go online and find local restaurants that deliver. We call when we are off the plane to schedule delivery and dinner is there within minutes of getting to the hotel. We also have a ton of options that way (I love Thai and Indian for example) and most places charge no delivery fee for orders over 10.

We always stay at Embassy suites and there is a table there to eat at right in the room. It is always SO much more relaxing that way and if you get in late you dont have to worry about dragging cranky kids to a restaurant.

Embassy suites is my favorite because it has the two rooms with an actual door to close off between them.

Delivery is the absolute best solution when you have kids :)

We liked the Homewood Suites near the Miami airport. Very family-friendly, clean, free breakfast, pool for the kids, 1 and 2 bedroom units and decent discount with AAA. They also give you Hilton points. We got in late from the West Coast, and were able to order pizza that night, but there's no restaurant on premises. There is a grocery store/liquor store nearby for pre-cruise supplies.

CurlyQ---

When are you cruising? We are heading to Miami in 3 weeks to catch a quick 3-day cruise on the NCL Sky, and plan on staying at the Newport Beachside Resort in Miami. If you check out the reviews, it is family-friendly.

I'll do a full review when we return.

CeleBrat

We just stayed at the Marriott Fairfield in Doral which is still Miami and it was a nice hotel. They have a nice pool and free breakfast. Kind of like extended continental with fresh waffles and bacon egg and cheese biscuits. They even let you keep your car parked there while you are cruising. We took a shuttle to the port and arranged for the ssame shuttle to pick us up and take us back to get our car after the cruise. Friendly staff and the trip to the port took about 15 to 20 minutes. Enjoy your cruise..

Archived