Cruise Doc's - Boarding Passes

earnied

Just received our cruise doc's and included were our boarding passes. At 75 days prior I had excitedly printed out our boarding passes and have them all ready to go. I'm curious why Princess includes the boarding passes in their document mailing ? Are there still that may cruisers that don't have internet access ? I imagine eliminating one piece of paper for every cruiser would result in savings for Princess, but having to deal with passengers that are unable to print their own boarding passes may offset any of those savings.......

ErnieD

Passengers who do not have internet access receive their travel summary and boarding pass from their travel agent. Which tells us the OP completed their pre-cruise immigration information with their TA and not online.

Pax will receive by mail Princess' package of pre-cruise documents including a welcome letter, Cruise Answer Book, Adventures Ashore excursion booklet, passage contract, and luggage tags.

When the princess sends luggage tags? I just received boarding pass.....

Where did the boarding pass come from Princess or TA?

The luggage tags should come in the pre cruise packet.

If you booked through a TA then maybe your TA has the tags.

I have never seen a boarding pass sent in the mail.

Where did the boarding pass come from Princess or TA?

The luggage tags should come in the pre cruise packet.

If you booked through a TA then maybe your TA has the tags.

I have never seen a boarding pass sent in the mail.

I received package of documents from mail Princess - Travel Summary - Boarding Pass, etc .......but no luggage tags.

I received package of documents from mail Princess - Travel Summary - Boarding Pass, etc .......but no luggage tags.

When the princess sends luggage tags? I just received boarding pass.....

When I went and picked up our packet from the ta she had gone ahead and printed out the boarding passes for us.

Are the three of you stating that your TA printed out your boarding pass?

Or has Princess started mailing them out along with the packet? ? ? :rolleyes:...:confused:

Okay, just heard back from my TA. He did indeed print out our boarding passes and included them in our package. This confirms that Princess does not mail out boarding passes in their package.

Princess does not mail boarding passes.

You must print them out yourself.

5 days before boarding, otherwise the check-in process takes longer on embarkment day.

If you are computer literate, as I stated above, TA's can print them out for you.

The Boarding Pass provides information required at embarkation.

There are two types of passes: •Boarding Pass •Preferred Boarding Pass

In order to print the Boarding Pass, the following needs to be completed:

• The booking has been paid in full.

• The required immigration information has been added to the booking.

• All credit card information has been added to the booking

You cannot print the boarding pass if:

The required Immigration (PIF) and credit card information is NOT provided to Princess Cruises up to five (5) days prior to sailing.

Princess does not mail boarding passes.

You must print them out yourself.

5 days before boarding, otherwise the check-in process takes longer on embarkment day.

If you are computer literate, as I stated above, TA's can print them out for you.

Isn't that what Earnied just said in his post?

Isn't that what Earnied just said in his post?
Yep!

Just curious why he printed his passes...:confused:

especially since he mentioned "eliminating one piece of paper for every cruiser would result in savings for Princess". ;)

And then to top it off, he stated his TA printed them off.

Hmmm, double boarding passes, seems like a waste of paper to me....;)..:D

Yep!

Just curious why he printed his passes...:confused:

especially since he mentioned "eliminating one piece of paper for every cruiser would result in savings for Princess". ;)

And then to top it off, he stated his TA printed them off.

Hmmm, double boarding passes, seems like a waste of paper to me....;)..:D

I took it as his TA only printed them. :confused:

I took it as his TA only printed them. :confused:

I don't know about you, but I have never received my passes from a TA since Princess went to ETicket. I have to print them out myself.

I didn't want the OP to mislead CC Posters into thinking all TA's print out boarding passes and include it in the “pre-cruise” packet.

I don't know about you, but I have never received my passes from a TA since Princess went to ETicket. I have to print them out myself.

I didn't want the OP to mislead CC Posters into thinking all TA's print out boarding passes and include it in the “pre-cruise” packet.[/quote

right, travel agents sonetimes have the pre-cruise docs sent to them and some include little extras such as travel agency luggage tags etc before sending them to the passengers, is seems like the ta also printed off the boarding passes, some like to do this especially for their less computer literate clients or ones witout a computer.

Some may do it routinely as a "courtesy. "

Archived