Cruise Critic Door Signs...Better treatment?

I ended up buying several of the door magnets and they do make locating your cabin on the first day or two easier (after that you just know).

Funny thing is that they usually get stolen!!! It has happened to me on every single Princess cruise I have taken (and a couple on RCL). Now I know that there is some kind of connection between CC/RCL and it makes me wonder if Princess employees actually take them away...

Oh... No. I don't think you get better service. However, it (and the lanyards even more) invariably catches fellow passengers' attention and I often get asked about it.

I am very new to this site, but I gotta say, I like Julia's idea. Cruise Critique is way better.

Just one barnicles opinion, meaning me, but I totally think Julia is on to something. Now if she could accurately predict the future of the stock market, I'd say we should re-name the site..........Julia's Place:).

David

Hahahahaa! Actually David, I CAN predict the future of the stock market, which is precisely why I've been in such a "buying mode" the past few weeks!

"Julia's Place".... I like that! :)

When my fiance (now hubby) and I took a quick cruise on NCL I started our meet and mingle. I had the sign on my door and arranged the info for the m&m.

We were treated sooo well. We were in a penthouse suite but the funniest thing was that halfway through the cruise our wonderful stateroom attendants told me "You are so nice. We didn't think the president of Cruise Critic would be so nice!"

I was flabbergasted. Of course I set them straight and said, "NO, I'm just a member of Cruise Critic." It as hilarious!!

I've never been tempted to put a Cruise Critic or any other sign on my door, but I do appreciate the idea given above that some sort of decoration helps you identify your room the first few days. I like that idea and will try something out on our next cruise.

As for crew and saff knowing about Cruise Critic. I wonder how many of them actually do know about it.

i have worn my cruise critic hat on my past few cruises and each time i have been approached by passengers wanting to ask questions and make comments re the ship. have met many new folks that otherwise would not have stopped to chat. great conversation piece.

I have experienced excellent service on all my RCCL cruises, with or without a CC sign on my door.

The sign did provide me with an interesting experience once. A very nice woman knocked on my door to ask me about the sign. She thought it meant that I was a travel writer for a magazine or newspaper! :eek: :D

In a similar vein - Cruise critic sent me a t-shirt that I wear once in a while and I will have people come up to me and ask what I think of the cruise so far. It really is interesting how many people don't know about the website:D

Since CC I feel is really more of an information Site, joining Roll Calls, not sure why the word Critic got into the name. I tell our friends I am a member of CC and they say "What". I always tell friends asking us about cruising, if they want a fabulous web site for gaining information etc, sign unto CC.

Actually, I'm going to print off a Cruise Critic sign that I can use on my lounge chair when I get up to grab a snack or use the ladies room. Something like "NOT A CHAIR HOG - I'M A CRUISE CRITIC - BACK IN 5"

Never had a problem finding our cabin without a sign. I don't think I'd put one up, because I do think that folks would start knocking to register any complaints/problems, as mentioned in earlier posts. And I can't imagine that it would make any difference in treatment from crew members.

We always put a CC sign up on our door--our main reason---we entertain alot and it helps others from our roll-call or friends we have met find our suite. I also decorate the door for what ever reason. Two Halloween cruises, B-Day, Ann. ect. It does inspire conversations from passerbys. On our last cruise our suite was just down the hall from the bridge viewing room so had alot of comments. Got the same thing about being a mag. reporter.HA HA Would love to pretend and follow that through sometime and interview people.:p I don't think it matters if you have a sign or not--we always get treated very well.

Archived