Is my cabin category REALLY gone already?

elycelynne

I also noticed that only "As You Wish" dinner seating is available, with either early or late (can't remember which) showing as "Waitlisted" and the other showing as "Closed". Really??? For a December '09 cruise? I hope this isn't an indicator that there's some humongous group onboard (there wasn't any mention of any in "the list" that's a "Sticky").

As to the dining ... if you have your heart set on fixed and it currently shows as closed (for early) and waitlisted (for main), keep your eye on HAL's site. Last year, I noticed many changes in dining options during the months leading up to our sailing ... some seatings went from closed to available and some from waitlisted to closed and then perhaps to available. You might hit it lucky.

I actually opted for As You Wish dining, just so I wouldn't have to miss any evening activities that conflicted with either of the fixed times. I was just finding it odd that both of the fixed times were already filled this far out. The cabin thing was also more out of curiosity, as well. I already have my assigned VD cabin and told my agent that I didn't want any upgrades, since HAL probably wouldn't upgrade me to an aft VA cabin and that's about the only upgrade within the V-category that I would deem more desirable. But I do thank everyone for weighing in on HAL's dining and cabin "roulette wheel". ;)

If you see a cabin available on the two 10 day sailings and you would like to book the 20 day that combines them your TA can call and have the cabins moved. If you book directly with Holland America the reservations agent or their supervisor can also contact the appropriate department to have the cabins moved also. The cabins do not display in both places do to software limitations and require human input to move them around.

If you see a cabin available on the two 10 day sailings and you would like to book the 20 day that combines them your TA can call and have the cabins moved. If you book directly with Holland America the reservations agent or their supervisor can also contact the appropriate department to have the cabins moved also. The cabins do not display in both places do to software limitations and require human input to move them around.

Oh My Gosh! This worked! We are now in exactly the cabin we wanted - Thank you SO much, Doogen!

Wow!

Archived