p&o overbooked

hisarah15

i got a phone call today from my travel agent and she told me that the cruise we were ment to go on was over booked so we're not going :mad:

the cruise we were ment to be going on is n911 that leave on the 21st of march 2009

i was rellay pissed as i have paid in full and i had a cabin number and erveything i have just spent the night trying to get my mother to stop crying as she can't get any other time off work and she rellay needs this holiday after her car accident and her youngest begining high school Effected her as well sorry that i ramble on but i'm a bit upset

anyway i want to know how can i help her feel better until i can fix it

thank you for all youre input and sorry about the spelling

If you paid in full contact your TA (in person) and do not take no for a answer, also ring P&O at their complaints department and get a supervisor. Have all your facts in front of you, cabin number place and time of booking and payment also explain your Mom's work position.

It is hard but do not become emotional or angry when dealing with these people, assertive yes, I am sure P@O will be able to sort this out for you. Good luck and let us all know how you are going.

I just spoke to my local TA - a well known on-line one. They said there are ocean view cabins available as well as suites, but lower category cabins are wait-listed. With spare cabins still available, they would normally up-grade some pax to accommodate as many as they can.

If you are 'bumped off' because the ship is over-booked you would be offered options. If you weren't, then I think there might be another explanation. Is it possible your TA made an error and didn't forward your final payment on time? That would cause your booking to lapse and you wouldn't be offered any of the normal options.

Follow it through. All the best. :):)

Evon.

Thank you all for your help but I fix it they said that my little brother was the problem that his age group was full. But we’re on now they put us in two twin according to my t/a hopefully we get a better cabin than before because of the s**t but get this my t/a wants us to pay $40 ahead to fix it of cause I paid it but I don’t think I should of because it was there mistake

Thank you again :D

I just spoke to my local TA - a well known on-line one. They said there are ocean view cabins available as well as suites, but lower category cabins are wait-listed. With spare cabins still available, they would normally up-grade some pax to accommodate as many as they can.

If you are 'bumped off' because the ship is over-booked you would be offered options. If you weren't, then I think there might be another explanation. Is it possible your TA made an error and didn't forward your final payment on time? That would cause your booking to lapse and you wouldn't be offered any of the normal options.

Follow it through. All the best. :):)

Evon.

GOOD POINT! Yes double check that the TA confirmed the booking, paid the deposit on time, and forwarded your full payment on time to P&O.

Perhaps phone your TA and request proof of the date they forwarded ur payment to P&O?

I've been checking back to this thread all day for an update...I hope it works out for you.

As other CC'ers have mentioend, there is availability for this ship. They should at the very least upgrade you!

Oops sorry...just read you got it fixed!!

What a relief for yourself and your family. Glad to hear it is all ok.

You now resume your cruise countdown!

Perhaps...P&O could offer you some onboard credit or an upgrade if you still decide to phone P&O in regards to this inconvenience??

Hi Hisarah51,

I'm delighted this has been fixed. :D:DI wouldn't be too keen on paying extra, but I am not sure exactly what they are asking you to pay for. Is it so you can have two twin cabins rather than a quad? If so $40pp isn't much. Two twins will be many times better than four in a cabin with two on top bunks, and four sharing one bathroom/toilet.

I am puzzled about the point that your brother's age group was said to be full. Surely that would have been known when you originally enquired and your booking would have been declined. Very odd.

Just put all this s..t behind you and you and your family look forward to a wonderful cruise.:) Don't let this glitch spoil the excitement in the build-up to the cruise.

Thank you all for your help but I fix it they said that my little brother was the problem that his age group was full. But we’re on now they put us in two twin according to my t/a hopefully we get a better cabin than before because of the s**t but get this my t/a wants us to pay $40 ahead to fix it of cause I paid it but I don’t think I should of because it was there mistake

Thank you again :D

Hi, I am so glad that you get to go on your cruise now. I am so relieved for you!!!

I don't think that they should have made you pay extra when it was the travel agents mistake. Also when you booked, the travel agent should have known how many kids were on board.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise! :)

what i don't get is that the reason that we got kick off the cruise is that my little brother they were overbooked in his age group so now we are in 2 twins cabins and my little brother is still coming and now his upset that he can't sleep on the top bunk now can somebody tell me the differents between a twin and a quad cabin i mean he still going to be on there ither way why not give us a quad and let us stay together don't get me wrong i like having the twins but i'm just confused

countdown.pl?name=&date=3-21-2009&image=Beach-2&text=yeah i

what i don't get is that the reason that we got kick off the cruise is that my little brother they were overbooked in his age group so now we are in 2 twins cabins and my little brother is still coming and now his upset that he can't sleep on the top bunk now can somebody tell me the differents between a twin and a quad cabin i mean he still going to be on there ither way why not give us a quad and let us stay together don't get me wrong i like having the twins but i'm just confused

Hi Sarah,

I am sure they could give you a quad, but you have a massive up-grade to be given two twins. You will be much better off rather than falling over each other with four in the tiny space. You will now have two bathrooms!!!

If you brother really wants to be in a top bunk, there may be a way around it if you are in a cabin that has top bunks. If they are not needed they are kept folded up against the wall. If you have these in the cabin I think you could ask the cabin steward to make one up for you and just don't use the second floor-level bed. I think if you tell your brother that he might still be able to have a 'top bunk' and if it doesn't work out, by the time he gets on the ship he will be so excited about the trip that he won't care!

I am also very puzzled that if the reason you were bumped off the cruise was that there were too many kids in your brother's age group, putting you in two cabins doesn't change it. When you first enquired about booking your TA should have checked how many kids there were and I think P & O would have refused the booking if the age group was overbooked. Did you hear this reason from P & O or from your TA. Maybe someone made a mistake. Can happen. :):) You shouldn't have to suffer because of it.

I would still accept the two twin cabins. I guarantee you that when you are on the ship you will be so so glad you did. :):)

Evon.

It appears that perhaps this problem was not a matter of overbooking , as such - and I am really pleased that it seems to have worked out OK for the

OP

BUT---

Let us be honest here - realistic as well - and not naive.

Of course P & O overbook! - so do all the airlines. And there is no Santa Claus. Now that that last thing is out in the open , let us consider the first two.

When you see a big newspaper advertisement for an incredibly low fare for a cruise to "whereverland", have a look at the fine print conditions. You will undoubtedly see that it is for cabins in P class or T class or XXX class (whatever) - then go to the deck plans for that ship , and low and behold, you will see that there are only a very small number of those class cabins on the ship. On our recent cruise to NZ on the Pac Sun, I paid a "fare" for P class cabin. THERE ARE ONLY 6 OF THOSE CABINS ON THE SHIP!! But I did not sail in a P class cabin! I have seen advertisements where the fine print reveals that the fare quoted is for T class cabins - there are only about 20 of those cabins on the ship. So - do we really think that P & O are paying for very expensive newspaper advertisements just to sell 20 T class cabins - or that they are using "bait and switch" tactics. No - they are overselling low priced cabins - on the understanding that the higher priced cabins will not be completely sold and then they move everybody UP. That is where the upgrade Fairy comes in - if they did not oversell on this basis and understanding, then there would be no discounted fares and no upgrade Fairies.

I can understand that people may not be able to understand or accept this - but the fine print covers it all - both for Cruiselines and airlines. WE REALLY are getting good deals these days for cruises and flights - previous generations could never do what we are doing now - but this does come at a price. That price is the understanding that things are different from the past - and from what we might expect them to be. I am very happy to accept that price - because it allows me to travel, something that was not possible for a person like me not so long ago.

Barry

It appears that perhaps this problem was not a matter of overbooking , as such - and I am really pleased that it seems to have worked out OK for the

OP BUT---Barry

Very good explanation Barry.

Sounds to me like the TA either did not know the full booking procedure, or jumped in too soon to tell them they had to cancel,when in fact they were upgraded.

Because of the overbooking that P & O do I'm now concerned as one of my fellow roomies (were in a 4 berth) hasnt paid the rest of her money which is due on the 25th feb. I phoned P & O and asked what would happen is she hadnt paid it on time and they said we would be 'auto-cancelled' ! Fair enough I guess but unless the rest of us come up with the balance of the money owing then we will forfeit our room and maybe even the cruise! We have 4 other friends in the cabin next to us so I really hope we can sort it out.:eek:

Liz

Because of the overbooking that P & O do I'm now concerned as one of my fellow roomies (were in a 4 berth) hasnt paid the rest of her money which is due on the 25th feb. I phoned P & O and asked what would happen is she hadnt paid it on time and they said we would be 'auto-cancelled' ! Fair enough I guess but unless the rest of us come up with the balance of the money owing then we will forfeit our room and maybe even the cruise! We have 4 other friends in the cabin next to us so I really hope we can sort it out.:eek:

Liz

gee i hope for your sake you can fix it would a sham if you cant

Happy to hear that all was sorted out...and lucky you to now have 2 cabins. Now you will not have to worry about any top bunks.:rolleyes:

No sorry there are 8 of us so that's why we have 2 cabins. I've still got bottom bunk though :D

Liz

Archived