Would you give up 1400 Aft D1 on Independence for two D2's and save $1500?

honeywell

Would you switch? D1 #1400 Deck 10 to two D2's on Deck 6? Save $1500 too?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Would you switch? D1 #1400 Deck 10 to two D2's on Deck 6? Save $1500 too?

• No, the aft view and location on deck 10 would be worth 4 in a cabin.
    • Yes, I'd take the two bathrooms and refund - and work out the logistics with the kids.

I am travelling with my sister and my two children, ages 8 and 10, on the Independence of the Seas on April 4th. The recent price drops have given me some attractive choices... Remember we are talking about a group of four with two young kids...we would have to split up at night with one adult and one child in each cabin. Can't just put them to bed and stay up to watch a late movie without that connecting door..

For you aft fans, how many of you would give up #1400 on Independence to take two D2's on deck 6 and recoup a $1500 refund? Is real estate more important to you? Would two bathrooms but no connection be an issue?

Would you switch? Yes or no?

Hi Michelle - I don't think the balcony wraps on this one. Just a large corner with part of the structure providing shade - unless someone here has stayed in 1400/1700 and can correct me. Saving $1500 is looking pretty attractive..

Not the parents going - just two grown sisters so we don't mind being apart at night or sharing the oversized 1400 cabin.. Just a point of clarification - there weren't two connecting cabins available at the time I booked and there aren't any now.

Hi Michelle - I don't think the balcony wraps on this one. Just a large corner with part of the structure providing shade - unless someone here has stayed in 1400/1700 and can correct me. Saving $1500 is looking pretty attractive..

You're right, I just looked at my pictures. And in that case, I would probably drop down to 2 D1s and save the money

Good questions, but they are mine and they wouldn't care if they were separated at night. They would fight over who gets to share a room with "Mimi"..

To switch the D1 to a double and get another D2 would be a financial wash - no refund, and there aren't any D2s anywhere close so that wouldn't do me any good...I would still be going from one cabin to another.

Good questions, but they are mine and they wouldn't care if they were separated at night. They would fight over who gets to share a room with "Mimi"..

To switch the D1 to a double and get another D2 would be a financial wash - no refund, and there aren't any D2s anywhere close so that wouldn't do me any good...I would still be going from one cabin to another.

Actually I miscalculated - that would save me $1000 but there aren't any cabins!!!:(:(:(:(:(

I would change in a heartbeat. I could go on another cruise for $1500. No-brainer in my book. Think about it in the other direction....Would you be willing to spend an additional $1500 to upgrade to the aft? Not me, and I love aft balconies! ;):D

tex :cool:

With the prices being what they are there will be alot of people changing cabins. You should be able to find some cabins very close together, you just have to keep watching the available cabins. You have 3 categories to watch, D2, E1 and E2.

Something close together will turn up I'm sure.

Jimbo:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived