Mexico Ken

glgolfer

So sad to hear this news. We also enjoyed a great tour of Madeira with Ken and Pene on our TA in Nov of 2007. Ken made all the arrangements that included a handicapped accessible restaurant for us to enjoy. He loved to cruise and loved to talk.........he will be missed by many cruisers. Our heart goes out to Pene and her family.

Ken was a special cruise friend.

We, too, spent some time with both Ken and Pene on the Voyager TA and they made the cruise special. We will miss Ken's special websites and excursions.

Pene our thoughts and prayers are with you.

We also sailed with Ken and Pene on our Western Med cruise on Brilliance in Nov '07. He set up a great website for our cruise on the roll call. We enjoyed meeting him and Pene. Our very deepest sympathy to Pene and family.

So sorry to hear this sad news. I had not met Ken & Pene yet but was looking forward to meeting them in April on the Voyager TA and taking the tour with them in Ireland. Our thoughts & prayers are with Pene and the family.

Here's a great shot of them on our Liberty cruise:

155529018_9ovKo-S.jpg

Thanks for this picture, Christie. I never met Ken and Pene but remember them well from the pictures of the cruisers on his Liberty PI website. I followed that cruise from the website, to the CC forum, all the way to videoing all of you as you left port on the ship.

How sad. Poor Pene :( But what a way to go? I hope to go the same way...at age 110.

Pene, I will keep you in my prayers.

Gina

Our deepest sympathy to Pene, their family, and Father Dale. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

We had wonderful times together on the Brilliance t/a and the Jewel t/a. His tours, his web sites, his great conversation, a great friend - wonderful memories. He will be missed.

We too are deeply saddened by this news. We had the distinct honor and privilege of knowing Ken and Pene and sailing with them on the 2006 Jewel Westbound Transatlantic and again on the Liberty pre-inaugural. We have fond memories of the wonderful tour to Blarney Castle and Kinsale that they organized and many wonderful times in their company in the concierge lounge and elsewhere on both ships. Ken absence will be deeply felt the next and every time we go to sea on an RCI ship and our prayers and sympathy go out to Pene in her time of sorrow. :(

What sad sad news.......So many of us who have cruised with Ken and Pene will miss him deeply. They made every cruise a special event. We always looked forward to sailing with them.

Our heartfelt condolences to Pene and the family.

I am just devastated. What a loss for the cruising community! We only traveled with Ken and Pene once but came to love them both and exchanged emails on a regular basis. They were a very special couple.

My thoughts go out to Pene and to our good friend Father Dale as well.

I cannot think of anyone who more enjoyed a cruise than Ken. Ken, I am raising a glass of wine for you as I type. We loved you.

There is something special about cruising and the friends we make along the way. Ken and Pene definitely made cruising special. I'm grateful for the cruises we shared and our sincere sympathies to Pene.

Thanks to everyone for posting photos and their address.

Ken will be sorely missed here on Cruise Critic and on ships! Here's to Ken and Pene and all the great times they helped all of us share on cruises with them!

Hugs to Pene!

As a relative newbie to this forum, I have to say that I am saddened by the loss of an elegant, established and entrenched friend of this community.

To those of you that have responded to this tread, please consider this: THIS is why you keep coming back...folks like Ken.

Thank you and my thoughts are with you all.

There was a terrible virus going around the Mariner for many days......and Ken got hit with it.........and along with a weakened heart, he lost his battle for life. He died peacefully.......in his sleep at sea.

I had only met him on a couple of occasions..........but inthose times, I found him to be a truly remarkable man. My heart goes out to Pene.

Bill put together a wonderful card for Pene.........that most of us onboard were able to add notes and sign for her.

I believe that he met his maker in a truly remarkable place and time. He was doing what he enjoyed most. He is in a much better place today........but he is sorely missed by those that knew him.

God Bless!!

Rick

Because I could not stop for Death—

He kindly stopped for me—

The Carriage held but just Ourselves—

And Immortality.

We slowly drove—He knew no haste

And I had put away

My labor and my leisure too,

For His Civility—

We passed the School, where Children strove

At Recess—in the Ring—

We passed the fields of Gazing Grain—

We passed the Setting Sun—

Or rather—He passed Us—

The Dews drew quivering and chill—

For only Gossamer, my Gown—

My Tippet—only Tulle—

We paused before a House that seemed

A Swelling of the Ground—

The Roof was scarcely visible—

The Cornice—in the Ground— Since then—'tis Centuries—and yet

Feels shorter than the Day

I first surmised the Horses' Heads

Were toward Eternity—

For those of us who had the pleasure to have sailed with Ken, know firsthand what a wonderful person he was. Many of us benefited from his efforts in organizing tours such as the one I took to the Blarney Castle & Kinsale while on a Jewel TA in 2006. Pene and the cruising community have lost a special person.

Pene I was deeply saddened to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you. May your memories of all the great times give you strength.

Jack

Archived