• Century
    • Galaxy
    • Mercury
    • Millennium
    • Infinity
    • Summit
    • Constellation
    • Xpedition

this one was too easy! My favorite is the Century - it's the only Celebrity ship I've been on so it's my favorite. Actually, I can't imagine ever finding a ship I like better, I love this ship soooo much!

Terri

We have been on the Zenith, Horizon, Century and Mercury, in most cases more then once! Our favorite is the Mercury BUT we have been very pleased with all the X ships and the cruise line! We are booked on the Constellation in February so things MAY change.

I guess the X ship closest to our hearts was the Meridian which is now in an underwater grave yard off the China cost!

For people who like the small ship over the millenium size, please explain why.

Items are that are missing on the smaller ships are the AquaSpa Cafe, the upscale alternative restaurant which I really enjoy.

What do you feel overcomes that on the smaller ships.

Although I voted for Millennium, it's actually a tie between Millennium and Mercury. They both have features that I like best.

Mercury: T-pool and Michaels club.

Millennium: The Royal suites just can't be beat! and I like the decor of the champagne/martini bar.

My vote goes to Infinity! We have cruised Galaxy, Century, Millie, and Infinity. I think the main reason would be the itinerary that we chose (Hawaii).

The Galaxy and Century are great for getting to know fellow cruisers, the smaller size, less people. The larger ships have the larger spa. We LOVED the Persian Garden on the Infinity! Great for those days at sea! Any Celeb. ship is a good choice!

Rob

We have been on the Constellation, Summit, Horizon and Mercury. Our favoriite is Mercury. On the Millenium class it seems wherever I want to go to it was always on the other end of where I was at the time. They are so long. By the way we have already booked the Infinity to Alaska out of San Francisco and the Summit again to Hawaii our of San Pedro. We are also on the Mercury out of San Diego over New Years. Marvin

I've only been on the Millie and the Century. The Century wins by a tiny margin. The Millie has the Olympic, which the Century doesn't but the Century seemed so much more intimate, which I liked a bit better.

Also better T-pool on the Century.

I feel sorry for the Horizon and the Zenith, hardly anyone voted for them, and they are such cute little ships. I vote for them! But I must say no matter what one I'm on, that will be my favorite! I'm easy to please! :D

I've only been on Century but will have another X ship to compare to her in April. (Mercury!!!) :D

Actually I really wanted to try M class ships, but C class beats them in term of itinerary in Caribbeans (Century) and California Coastal (Mercury) is very unique itinerary opportunity to see California for us living on East Coast.:)

I am still hoping for M class...Maybe Northern Europe, Hawaii or Alaska?:confused:

My favorite so far is Infinity. I liked it a little better than Millennium. I know they are sister ships, but there are slight differences.

I will be trying Mercury in April, so I will see how that compares. I thought Zenith was nice, but a little small after being on M Class for the last 3 straight cruises before that one.

Anne Maria

:) We first sailed on Horizon in 1996 and thought it wonderful. Since then we have sailed on Mercury and Constellation. The food on the Horizon back in 1996 was absolutely magnificent, Mercury was a good all-rounder and Constellation, a few weeks ago, was magnificent in every way except that the quality of the food is nowhere near as good as it was on the Horizon. I wonder if food standards on X have generally dropped? The choux swans have shrunk - now more like tiny ugly ducklings! Where are the spun sugar baskets of fruit? The salads really are "tossed", not well presented now.

That sounds like I'm griping, but not really. I adore X cruises. I'm just making an observation that I wonder if others share?

Overall, my favourite ship is the Connie. Next year we shall be on the Summit, which I see currently leads the poll.

We prefer the Mercury having sailed on her 4 times to the Constellation (Baltic 8/26/04) due mostly to the quality of food. For some reason, everyone we talked to noticed small things by comparing the M class to the C class. For one thing, I am not a lobster fan so on the final night when everyone is all excited over the lobster, I always ordered the Beef Wellington. Low and behold--no beef wellington anymore on the final night! Beef was excellent however on the whole cruise whereas the fish was not as good. The food in Ocean Liners was outstanding as other correspondents have said but when they charge you $30 (yes, it's up to $30 now) and you only get a CHOICE of either an appetizer, soup, or salad, that is a rip off. The dessert souffle was just delicious however. I guess when you're charged $30 you expect a lot more. We are back to the Mercury on 1/17/05 and looking forward to seeing if they have kept their high standards re food preparation and food. Trish

Been on both the Mercury & Millenium so far and have cruise booked in April 2005 for Constellation so so far my favorite would be the Millenium. I enjoy large ships that have lots of different bar areas to offer and many balcony rooms to choose from, both add to the fun of a cruise! Hoping Constellation will surpass my expectations and win over Millie but even a tie would be fine with me!

Summit was my favorite too. We have been on Mercury, Infinity and Summit. I can't honestly say exactly why I liked her better than Infinity. A little of everything, I guess. I liked the art better (we started 'naming' the stairways by the theme of the art about halfway through our cruise) and had more time to get to know the ship and crew since we were on Infinity for 7 days and on Summit for 14. Since we are scheduled for 15 days on Infinity as of 12/5 and will do 12 days on Connie next year, maybe my opinion will change!! Bottom line, I love the M class ships because of the Persion Gardens, Aqua spa and specialty restaurant.

Linda

Archived