Emerald Princess Cabin E114 - horrible?

justfoxie

Hi all, we got our cabin assignments for our cruise on Emerald Princess in June! I'm pleased with where DH and I are (L220 - near the pool!), but my MIL and FIL have been assigned E114. I've done a bit of a search and it seems this room isn't horribly popular due to the Promenade deck being right outside the window. It's not obstructed though, which means, barring people they should have a great view. Should I ask our TA to change it? Anyone actually stay in this room?

haven't stayed in that room, but I'd sure like to hear from anyone who has - we booked a fully obstructed guarantee, and were just given E108 (on the Sapphire) which is similarily located....hey, going from fully obstructed to not obstructed, is fine with me.....

dear Foxie,

Haven't stayed on this deck on our two Emerald cruises, but the Promenade Deck is Deck 7, and unless I am mistaken there are no passenger cabins on Deck 7, so their cabin will not be just outside the Promenade. There is also more space than normal between decks 7 and 8 (you know this if you do the stairs!) to accomodate the lounges and public areas higher celings. Maybe someone else can help out with this specific cabin.

We really enjoyed the Emerald-hope you do also!

dear Foxie,

Haven't stayed on this deck on our two Emerald cruises, but the Promenade Deck is Deck 7, and unless I am mistaken there are no passenger cabins on Deck 7, so their cabin will not be just outside the Promenade. There is also more space than normal between decks 7 and 8 (you know this if you do the stairs!) to accomodate the lounges and public areas higher celings. Maybe someone else can help out with this specific cabin.

We really enjoyed the Emerald-hope you do also!

They are staying on Deck 8 Forward. The upper level of the Promenade deck (In the Smile) does pass by these rooms but they are covered with a mirror coating so you cannot look in. They usually close the stairs in the evening so no one can go up there. I personally would like to try one of these rooms.

They are staying on Deck 8 Forward. The upper level of the Promenade deck (In the Smile) does pass by these rooms but they are covered with a mirror coating so you cannot look in. They usually close the stairs in the evening so no one can go up there. I personally would like to try one of these rooms.

Thanks so much for that! I thought it was a pretty fab location myself and was starting to praise the upgrade fairy (they had originally booked an obstructed guarantee) until I did the search and found so many unfavourable responses, which made me second guess myself. I feel much better now.

My ILs have appointed me organiser for this trip (eek! have never cruised before, but travelled pretty extensively by land) and would hate for them to not enjoy their cabin since they can be pretty picky. This is also the first time I've travelled with them for so long. . .

Actually, i was going to say to just foxie: Way to go...i believe once you go lido, you never go back....3 times i've done lido, specifically because it's only a third of the people (1/3 of a deck w/privacy), nothing above you, and the same level walk -- a short one !! -- to the pool and breakfast and lunch

Since the shows dont go on real late at night, I would not worry about noise. I would be more inclined to worry about feeling movement in the front of the ship, if they are at all bothered about that.

Karen

Last November, my Emeral Princess cabin was foreward (2nd or 3rd cabin back), right below the Princess Theater. No noise came through, although it took my wife a couple of nights to get use to the up and down motion of the ship. I liked it - except for the LONG HAUL to the dinning facilities.

We too were "upgraded" to those category DD rooms on the forward Empress deck. We didn't like it that much. Oftentimes there were crew members or others standing outside our room using their cell phones. Even though the windows were coated, you never knew what people could see at night when your lights were on. Why these are the top ocean view rooms I'll never know. The deck railing blocks much of the ocean view. In addition, with the rooms being so forward, the motion of the ocean was more noticeable than when were were mid-ship on the Emerald deck. There was no noise problem from the theater.

Hi!

DH and I had rm.E116 this past October. It is an inside room so can't comment on the view but can tell you it is near an area where there is an elevator for luggage transfer. The noise was not unbearable but audible the first few days but Ok after that. We also did not hear any noise from the theater. It's a great location for getting out to the upper promenade level.It is an unmarked doorway.Their room is located right at the stairwell to get to the lower promenade level.

Hope this helps.

Claire

Archived