I switched to an Aft Cabin!

We had 7708 on our Independence cruise (and have its equivalent for our upcoming Navigator cruise). See the second and third picture in our signature below.

While some people don't like the infrastructure on freedom and voyager class aft balconies, we think this is one FANTASTIC balcony! And while it is a longer walk to the elevators, this means you can have an extra dessert! :D Plus you do not have the noise of people walking in the halls past your cabin all the time. Very peaceful location.

Enjoy!

We’ve had an aft balcony on 3 different ships, Legend, Splendor and Jewel and loved it each time. The balcony size is terrific as is the view.

Beware that the walk to and from the cabin is fairly long. It was no big deal on the 3 ships I mentioned but it will be substantially longer on the Freedom. I do think the long walks helped us keep the pounds off!

M

All your posts about aft cabins just made me get even more excited for our cruise on Rhapsody of the Sea in April. We are going for the 10 day Hawaii cruise (Hawaii and then to Vancouver, Canada). We have booked an aft cabin and our friends have the one next door. Has anyone reading this been in 7158 or 7156? If so, do you have any pictures? Also, is there any opening that could connect the two cabins?

All your posts about aft cabins just made me get even more excited for our cruise on Rhapsody of the Sea in April. We are going for the 10 day Hawaii cruise (Hawaii and then to Vancouver, Canada). We have booked an aft cabin and our friends have the one next door. Has anyone reading this been in 7158 or 7156? If so, do you have any pictures? Also, is there any opening that could connect the two cabins?

No, the do not open. They are solid panels. Sorry.

Laura

Actually, I believe the distance from the elevators/stairs to the aft cabins is the same on both Voyager class and Freedom class ships. The extra length is added to the Promenade on Freedom class.

:confused::confused: call me dumb, but this doesn't make sense....you can't lengthen one part of the ship...meaning...if the whole ship is longer, then wouldn't EVERYTHING be longer??? (maybe it's the way i interpreted your post!)

or do you mean, say for instance the distance between the aft elevators and aft cabins on AOS is, 50 yards...the rocket scientist ship builders LEPT the same 50 yard (hypothetical) distance on freedom class ships???

[i don't think they were that precise, but then again, i was a politics major, not an engineering major)!!:D

The extra length was added between the fore and aft stairs/elevators so the distance from the aft elevator to the aft cabins is the same on the Freedom and the Voyager.

We had 7708 on the Freedom. We loved it. The balcony is almost as big as the room! There is a link to the pictures in my signature.

Archived