Need help with Grand Cayman Time??

Dpeeps

This is a silly question but i really need to know.....Our itinerary says that we are in Grand Cayman from 9a-6p. Now do you know is that the time that our watches will say if we keep them on the same time as when we leave for our cruise?? The reason I am asking is we have an excursion scheduled for 1030 ET and they specified "ET", because I believe that when we are on our cruise they are an hour different than us?? which means it would be 930 their time?? Am i correct?? Have I confused anyone ....or just myself?? :rolleyes: Does anyone know if the ship will go according to GC time while we are there or not?? I'm sure they will tell us on board....but i was just trying to figure out how much time we were going to have there?? Thanks for any help!! :)

If the ship changes times, you will need to reset your watch and keep it on SHIP'S time! They will tell you if there's been a time change. Never worry about what time it is on an island--it doesn't matter. You HAVE to keep it on ship's time.

They are te same time zone as Miami ....EST

You can check time zone for around the world

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=377

They are the same time now but I don't think they will be when we sail there....because it will be after we recognize daylight savings time in March ....and I don't believe that they do??? So then they will be an hour behind us.....am I right?? Confused?? :confused:

They are the same time now but I don't think they will be when we sail there....because it will be after we recognize daylight savings time in March ....and I don't believe that they do??? So then they will be an hour behind us.....am I right?? Confused?? :confused:

You did not say when you were sailing...it is all in the details;)

If you sail after DST is here then YES they will be 1 hr behind

READ the ship's newsletter they will inform you if you need to adjust your watch & the tour guide knows when the ship is there & it does take some time to tender in to shore.

If they say you arrive at 9am do not plan on getting to shore by 9:30 it may take you a lot longer depending how the cruise line off loads passengers & how many passengers onboard

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

don't leave your watch at the same time you leave for the cruise. It has to be the same time as the ship, there are clocks round the pool on Lido deck, I didn't notice any others, but there is an instruction in the news letter you get daily to adjust the time accordingly when and as necessary.

When I cruised I left my watch at UK time and my friend adjusted hers to the ship. It was handy to know what time it was in the UK for texting etc.

I wouldn't like to have woken my family/friends up at home. And handy to ask her what time it was on the cruise

Thanks for all of your feedback......All I know is that as soon as we get to GC we are going to get off the ship and look for our excursion people!! It is just kinda weird cause the reason I was asking this....was I had got a notice from Nativeway the other day stating that the excursion time had changed and was now 1030 EST.....which was what time I thought it was originally?? and I was to meet them at 1015 EST....I figure by the time we arrive and tender in ....it should be about that time anyways. I am just hoping when the itenerary says that we arrive at 9 o'clock it is EST and not Cayman time! :)

Archived