Anyone use Priceline for car rentals?

chrismch

Can't believe the rates for car rentals from FLL the last weekend of April!Expedia shows economy cars starting at $62 p/d mid week for 2 days. Not sure if that even includes the taxes & surcharges? Hotwire came in at $117.31 (stating all fees). My usual favorite, Enterprise came in in the mid $60's directly from their site. So I am wondering about Priceline. Anyone use them with good results for cars?

Can't believe the rates for car rentals from FLL the last weekend of April!Expedia shows economy cars starting at $62 p/d mid week for 2 days. Not sure if that even includes the taxes & surcharges? Hotwire came in at $117.31 (stating all fees). My usual favorite, Enterprise came in in the mid $60's directly from their site. So I am wondering about Priceline. Anyone use them with good results for cars?

I used them last April, and bid $10 +10 for taxes = $20. It was for FLL. I had an Economy car (Focus). My bid was won by Hertz.

I'm using them again this year in April.

Joanne

you might try bidding. It doesn't hurt to try. I have won bids for as little as $17 for mid sized. Just remember the taxes and fees are more thru priceline than they would be direct. About $7 more, so you would need to deduct that from your bid price.

I got a subcompact on priceline for $12 a day for Philly and they upgraded me to an SUV when I arrived. Good thing because it was over the Valentine's weekend they got two feet of snow.

i just got a car in fort lauderdale through priceline. It is the cheapest i could find but you have to know exactly what you want because once you get it it is very hard to alter until you are actually at the car rental. Also it was my 1st time bidding and i was kinda just screwing around but if your bid is accepted you have no choice of who its through it just bills your credit card instantally (prob common sense lol)

you may want to consdier off airport...if you are staying somewhere on 17th, there is a Budget i think, across the parking lot from the Renaissance...and you will pay less in fees as it is off-airport, and you don't have to pay those recovery fees and stuff....just an idea.

If the location is off site from the airport, do they come pick us up at the airport? As we are coming from the west coast, we won't be arriving until 9-10 pm so we need to find places that are still open late.

I know some might say just get a car the next day; however, we will be hungry (it's 6-7 pm for us) and it's much easier to drive on our own to a late night eatery and then to our hotel than to take taxis.

Also, to confirm...if we drop off a car at the airport do all the major car rental companies then supply a ride to the port? Or is that only if you have dropped your car at a port everglades location?

• 2 weeks later...

After bidding for over a wk on Priceline starting at $15 and upping my bid a little at a time, I finally won a bid for a full size car for FLL for 2 days at $25 p/d with Alamo. The best price I could find with discount coupons was $39 p/d for an economy! This was confirmed for a bid 7 wks out.

Archived