What documents do you bring ashore?

Shelleywood

Ok, we're going swimming with the dolphins down in Cozumel at Chakanaab park and I need to know what documents to bring. Do you bring passports and birth certificates and signed notarized letters or what? I don't want to get there and not have what we need but am worried about bringing all of that stuff with us off the ship.

I have 3 kids and they all have their passports. I am a re-married mother so my children have different last names. I know in Mexico we're supposed to have a signed notarized letter from the other parent giving me permission to have them there and we have that also. So, do I bring all of that? Or will copies of the passport be sufficient? Does anyone know if they have lockers to put all of this stuff in while we swim? Help!

I have never taken ID off a ship but my ship's ID card. There is no way you need to take your passports or birth certificates or your letter!

If you feel more comfortable, take your passport copies, but that should be enough.

Sea pass cards and YOUR driver's license, that's it.

Some have stated here at CC that "their child was asked for ID". :rolleyes: I can tell you that I just completed the 8th cruise with the kids and still, no ID's for the kids. Just our sea pass cards (the ship cards) and my DL.

Thanks for the replies. My concern was that on our confirmation email for chakanaab park it states that each of us will need a picture id such as a passport and and the notarized letter if both parents were not present. I'm not really too worried about getting on and off the ship with the passport it was just getting into the park. Thanks again.

We always take our ship's cards and passports off the ship. Like a carseat, you just never know when you'll really need a passport (miss the ship, get into car accident and everyone is injured, etc...)

Your ship card and driver's license won't allow you to fly out of the country to the next port, or home.

Just a thought...

Conversely, we have never brought a notarized letter when traveling solo with the kids. Go figure...

CeleBrat

Your ship card and driver's license won't allow you to fly out of the country to the next port, or home.

Conversely, we have never brought a notarized letter when traveling solo with the kids. Go figure...

CeleBrat

One prevents me from getting ON the ship. One prevents me from leaving the port country. Probably explains why I always have that notarized letter but never get off the ship with my passort. ;):D

We just finished a 5 night cruise w/ our 4 1/2 yr old. We took our sea pass card and driver's license. Because they stated photo id for "everyone" I did take our daughter's passport, just in case.

We we were going back to the ship at both ports (Key West/Grand Caymen) and they asked for ID, when I started to show them our daughter's passport, they said "we don't need to see the child's ID, just adults".

So my lesson learned, only seapass and our driver's license next cruise!!!

Archived