11am Flight From YVR?

GMoney

Can anyone give the price range of the various transports from the dock (Canada Place) to YVR and Seattle (SEA)? US Direct, Airporter, etc.DD

Cab fare from Canada Place to YVR will run about $35, and add about $10 to that for a limo.

The Airporter shuttle from CP to YVR $13.75 , $10.75 for seniors

Quick Shuttle from CP to SEA is $55

A Ships transfer to YVR incl US Direct is about $20/$25

http://www.yvrairporter.com/

http://www.quickcoach.com/fares.htm

Our flight is at 11:50 on Air Canada. We will be on the Island Princess. Princess does not support flights before 12:30. We knew that, but still went ahead and booked the 11:50 flight. Now, I am concerned we won't make it. Can we do US Direct and take a cab to the airport? Or do we have to use the ship transfer? My concern with the ship transfer is sitting on the bus waiting for it to fill up as it is getting later and later. How about US Direct, and the EZ plan that Princess uses and taking a cab combination. Would that work?:eek:

Our flight is at 11:50 on Air Canada. We will be on the Island Princess. Princess does not support flights before 12:30. We knew that, but still went ahead and booked the 11:50 flight. Now, I am concerned we won't make it. Can we do US Direct and take a cab to the airport? Or do we have to use the ship transfer? My concern with the ship transfer is sitting on the bus waiting for it to fill up as it is getting later and later. How about US Direct, and the EZ plan that Princess uses and taking a cab combination. Would that work?:eek:

Your concern is certainly valid. I would only consider this with US Direct, which you HAVE to use the ship transfer.

IF you take a cab- you are then opting out of the time saving benefit of bypassing customs. Which is the significant problem in Vancouver airport.

You can only use US Direct if you use the ship's transfer as you travel in an "in bond" circumstance from ship to airport... so a cab won't allow you to use the program. If you can handle your own luggage, then you can self-disembark and catch a cab that will allow you to make that 11:50 flight...tight but it can be done. The key is that you must be at YVR a min of 2 full hours before flight time in order to clear US customs and security at YVR which is about 30/35 mins from Canada Place. The one thing that you have going for you is that the Island Princess is in Vancouver on Mondays and it is the only ship in town on Mondays which will take some of the pressure off customs and secruity. All of that said you may still want to reconsider your flight time.

CruzinNoony: May I ask what time your ship gets into port? I'm curious to know because our cruise line (Regent) gets in at 7:00 and has for many years booked people out on flights leaving anywhere from 11:00 on; they say that's quite fine. Our (independent) flight is at 11:45 and many of these posts have me concerned now as well. I've several times called Regent and spoken with their transportation department-- who continue to say that 11:00 flights are ok. (And Regent does not participate in U.S. Direct.) I continue to be concerned, but do not want to overnight in Vancouver, so we're going to take our chances I suppose. Good luck!

CruzinNoony: May I ask what time your ship gets into port? I'm curious to know because our cruise line (Regent) gets in at 7:00 and has for many years booked people out on flights leaving anywhere from 11:00 on; they say that's quite fine. Our (independent) flight is at 11:45 and many of these posts have me concerned now as well. I've several times called Regent and spoken with their transportation department-- who continue to say that 11:00 flights are ok. (And Regent does not participate in U.S. Direct.) I continue to be concerned, but do not want to overnight in Vancouver, so we're going to take our chances I suppose. Good luck!

From all of your posts, it appears, you are fine with your choice, since Regent is who you are cruising with. No one can predict the future, or what is going to be happening your disembarkment day. :) You seem to be satified with the information given to you by the cruiseline. Then go with that?

Thank you for your help. What time do the ship transfer buses start making runs to the airport? Again, my TA says that Princess discourages flights before 12:30, so are they going to make an effort to get us on an early bus? If it is any help, we are both elite.:o

Oh Boy I knew I should have checked here first before booking our flights. We are on Royal Carribbena Serenade of the Seas. They told us not to book any flights before 11:00. We booked one at 12:10 using frequent flier miles and I was thinking we were fine. Now I need to figure this out too.

We dock at Ballantyne and I think I remember reading the airporter bus does not go there. All the suggestions I have seen for getting to the airport as quickly as possible are for Canada Place. Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks for the help. My new resolution is not to make ANY more decisions on this cruise without checking here first.

There will be cabs at Ballantyne pier; make sure you are in the first group off the ship (you may have to do self disembarkation which means you have to carry all your belongings off with you); grab a cab to the airport (roughly $50/60) and you should be okay. You have to be at the airport at least two hours prior your flight.

Oh Boy I knew I should have checked here first before booking our flights. We are on Royal Carribbena Serenade of the Seas. They told us not to book any flights before 11:00. We booked one at 12:10 using frequent flier miles and I was thinking we were fine. Now I need to figure this out too.

We dock at Ballantyne and I think I remember reading the airporter bus does not go there. All the suggestions I have seen for getting to the airport as quickly as possible are for Canada Place. Does anyone have suggestions?

Thanks for the help. My new resolution is not to make ANY more decisions on this cruise without checking here first.

If it were me, I would only self disembark, being ready well before the posted time and get directly into a cab to the airport, which is in the $40 range.

Help! What about if you have a 12:30pm flight out of Vancouver to Raleigh, the layover is only 1 hour in Toronto. Are you saying that I would go through customs is Toronto and is 1 hour long enough???????

Yes, you will go through US immigration in Toronto. Someone else will have to let you know whether 1 hour is enough.

It sounds like I need a differnent flight. It doesn't sound like 1 hour is long enough to go through customs in Toronto. It does not sound like any flights before 12:30 are doable without causing a lot of stress.

What time can you get off the ship in Vancouver? It is on a Friday, does that make a difference?

Help! What about if you have a 12:30pm flight out of Vancouver to Raleigh, the layover is only 1 hour in Toronto. Are you saying that I would go through customs is Toronto and is 1 hour long enough???????

I replied elsewhere, is this the cruiselines schedule of flights?? An hour is a short timeframe which you may be able to do, necessary is not mobility limitations and the ability to handle ALL your own luggage.

I think this poster really needs to check with their airline(S), Pearson is the largest airport in Canada and has two terminals. I wouldn't want to bet that an hour is enough time to get you luggage and proceed thru US Customs and security. This could be further compunded if there is a change of terminals.

Archived