Where are the "hidden places" on the Ruby and Emerald ships ?

planooldfamily

I have seen on the boards where people post "hidden places" on specific ships, i.e. places you are allowed to go, but not found by most passengers ? We'll be sailing on the Ruby soon and again on the Emerald in the fall. Where are the places we want to be sure and find ?

Any other information about activities, events, classes, etc. on these ships is welcome too.

Thanks for your help - it is so nice having somewhere to come and find all the inside information !

I have seen on the boards where people post "hidden places" on specific ships, i.e. places you are allowed to go, but not found by most passengers ? We'll be sailing on the Ruby soon and again on the Emerald in the fall. Where are the places we want to be sure and find ?

Any other information about activities, events, classes, etc. on these ships is welcome too.

Thanks for your help - it is so nice having somewhere to come and find all the inside information !

Most of the hidden places that I know of apply to the Island/Coral Princess in regard to the viewing areas aft forward/aft.

On the Ruby/Emerald/Crown etc there is a door all the way froward on Lido deck that goes to the observation area over the bridge. ;)

On the Ruby be sure and try Adagio for a pre dinner drink and stuffed Olives.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

For some reason on the Ruby Princess' February 14 sailing they had the observation area over the bridge closed for the whole cruise... does anyone know why this would be?

Edited by green.herbs

Most of the hidden places that I know of apply to the Island/Coral Princess in regard to the viewing areas aft forward/aft.

On the Ruby/Emerald/Crown etc there is a door all the way froward on Lido deck that goes to the observation area over the bridge. ;)

On the Ruby be sure and try Adagio for a pre dinner drink and stuffed Olives.

I just checked out the deck plan on the Emerald. It took me a while (old eyes :eek:) to see the door on the Lido Deck. Thanks for the pointer and I love stuffed olives!! :D

Not really hidden, but most anytime diners head to the restaurant on deck six when the one on deck five will normally have no wait or a shorter line.

The Adagio lounge on deck 16 is not hidden, but very few passengers go to this quiet place to have a drink or read or enjoy the piano music.

Most passengers never find "Princess Links" on deck 19, a simple miniature golf course.

I think its closed for wind, we found it open only a few times, and each time was fairly windy!

For some reason on the Ruby Princess' February 14 sailing they had the observation area over the bridge closed for the whole cruise... does anyone know why this would be?

I've seen the area above the bridge closed for "high winds", though it is often open at sea when winds are rough, so who knows. It is also closed at night.

Also check out the forward promenade area (Deck 8). Follow the stairs at the forward end of the promenade deck. Nice view and not much traffic.

Not exactly hidden, but our favorite place is the International Cafe'. Great coffee, wonderful morning pastries and great light lunch foods. A nice place to sit and read or people-watch and never feels crowded. If you are a pool/sun person, the forward pool just outside the Lotus spa is adults only and the sunning areas on the decks above it (outside the Sanctuary) are usually not as crowded or loud as the other pools.

• 6 years later...

Nothing is really 'hidden'. But here is some information:

Lounging & Swimming: Terrace Pool Deck 14 aft, Lotus Spa Pool Deck 16 fwd both adults. Chill Out Pool and hot tub deck 17 aft, this is a family pool, but hardly used. Lounging w/o pool nearby deck 16 port and starboard one deck up from the Calypso Reef Pool. Can be sun or shade depending on the direction of the ship.

Reading: Adagio Lounge deck 16 aft, Skywalker's. Wheelhouse Bar parts of the day.

Activities: All the standard, depending on the length of the cruise, there is trivia, bingo, afternoon tea, Zumba, parties and demos in the Piazza, maybe pool games if hot weather. Everything is listed in the Princess patter each day.

Not really hidden, but most anytime diners head to the restaurant on deck six when the one on deck five will normally have no wait or a shorter line.

The Adagio lounge on deck 16 is not hidden, but very few passengers go to this quiet place to have a drink or read or enjoy the piano music.

Most passengers never find "Princess Links" on deck 19, a simple miniature golf course.

Yes, all these. If you are trying to get to the traditional dining room in the aft, deck 6, it's better to catch the aft lifts higher than deck 7 when they aren't so crowded. Finding that dining room is usually an adventure in itself. ;)

Nothing is really 'hidden'. But here is some information:

Lounging & Swimming: Terrace Pool Deck 14 aft, Lotus Spa Pool Deck 16 fwd both adults. Chill Out Pool and hot tub deck 17 aft, this is a family pool, but hardly used. Lounging w/o pool nearby deck 16 port and starboard one deck up from the Calypso Reef Pool. Can be sun or shade depending on the direction of the ship.

Reading: Adagio Lounge deck 16 aft, Skywalker's. Wheelhouse Bar parts of the day.

Activities: All the standard, depending on the length of the cruise, there is trivia, bingo, afternoon tea, Zumba, parties and demos in the Piazza, maybe pool games if hot weather. Everything is listed in the Princess patter each day.

Well put! We are just off of the Ruby today (cry cry, i miss you Ruby!) and I second everything you said! We LOVED Adagio Lounge, SkyWalkers and the Wheelhouse bar for reading, relaxing and playing games and cards. All three have ocean views, although only Wheelhouse had actual bar/drink service. The other two you had to run to the nearest bar for drinks.

I would add that there were some crafts on the sea days listed on the patter. Mom made paper flowers and there was also oragami.

Enjoy!