Purchased cakes

Azure Moon

You don't have to purchase a cake for a special occasion. Let NCL know to put it on your reservation or let the reception desk know when you Board (I have done this both ways). They send a postcard type card to the celebrants cabin to take to dinner that night (or any night you choose). When you are being seated give the card to the Matre'D and at desert time they will bring the cake and sing.

The only time you would "pay" for a cake is when you buy a package (ex: Anniversary Package).

I got one for my cruise in Feb. for my birthday and I do have pictures, but they are on my laptop in the shop getting fixed. Sorry. It was white cake with white frosting..there was no choice. It was good though and I brought the left overs back to the cabin for snacking later too.

You don't have to purchase a cake for a special occasion. Let NCL know to put it on your reservation or let the reception desk know when you Board (I have done this both ways). They send a postcard type card to the celebrants cabin to take to dinner that night (or any night you choose). When you are being seated give the card to the Matre'D and at desert time they will bring the cake and sing.

Thank you for sharing that information.. I always wondered how they knew what dining room you would be in to present the cake.

We got the birthday package for my son and although it was a nice surprise, it wasn't worth the money. The balloons taped to the ceiling would randomly pop at night and scare us. There were a few streamers and the cake was awful! It was white cake with white icing and it had a strawberry filling in the middle. It tasted stale and wasn't very impressive. At night, we told the waiter it was my son's birthday. They sang to him, had him blow out a fake "candle" and brought a yummy cake within 5 minutes of us telling them about his birthday. It was absolutely delightful. I would wait and get the cake in the dining room rather than pay and get it in your room. The room cake was not good.

Anyone have recent pictures of the Bon Voyage, Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary cakes that can be ordered?

Also, do they come in different flavors?

I'm thinking of getting one as a surprise for my mother on our next cruise.

Thanks!

This was our Bon Voyage cake on the Spirit 2 weeks ago. It was very dry, stale and crumbly. I didn't like it at all. It was a white cake w/ strawberry filling.

cruisecake.jpg

This was our Bon Voyage cake on the Spirit 2 weeks ago. It was very dry, stale and crumbly. I didn't like it at all. It was a white cake w/ strawberry filling.

cruisecake.jpg

We ordered the BD package once, and a bon voyage package--both times the cake was yummy! It took us a couple days to eat it and it remained yummy. We felt it was a pretty good deal and wouldn't hesitate to do it again. :)

zoeyzooka, I'm so glad the second cake was better than the first. That was sweet of the dining room to do that. :cool:

mactrio, thank you for posting the picture. It's a pretty cake, sorry to hear it wasn't tasty :(.

monteman, it's nice to see you've had good cakes and would order one again. :cool:

Sounds like the cake quality can go either way, but is worth getting since it's tasty when everything goes right (baking, freshness, etc.). And ordering it while on the ship is better than ordering beforehand.

Thanks for the ordering tips, sharing your experiences, and posting the picture! I think it looks and sounds like something Mom would enjoy.

:)

As soon as we download our pictures from this weekend, I'll try to remember to post the anniversary cake from Le Bistro.

We had it sent back to our room afterwards so we could eat the chocolate fondue for dessert instead, and had the cake the next morning for breakfast. :D It was quite yummy, and even tasted great a couple of days later for snacking!

I had called NCL to check on any possible reductions in price (no luck) and was asked by the rep if we were celebrating anything special. I said we will be celebrating our 20th anniversary and she said they'd give us a complimentary cake and we got to choose whether we'd get it in the restaurant or in our stateroom. Very nice of her. We also ended up with a $150 shipboard credit. Very cool. The lady was so accommodating.

Sparkylok6, no need for apologies. Your fellow computer users understand being parted from our machines.

It was well worth the wait to see your pictures! What a very pretty cake with those soft pink flowers :). I agree with fieldmom35215, it does look like a carrot cake with those crunchies on the side, though you said it was a white cake with white icing. Glad to hear it was good. ON EDIT: Toasted coconut!!! Oh, YuMmY!

Thanks for posting your pictures, and I hope your computer keeps running smoothly.

Dukegirl5577, your fellow cake lovers on this thread lookforward to seeing your Anniversary cake picture(s). That was nice of the restaurant staff to send your cake to your room.

Congratulations on your Anniversary! :cool:

magroo, what an awesome rep. you have. Hope your cake is pretty and delicious.

Congratulations on your upcoming 20th Anniversary! :cool:

fluffy0712, What a great birthday your daughter will have :cool: - 18, cruising, and a surprise b-day cake to boot! Couldn't have a much better day than that.

Happy Birthday to her!

Someone posted a thread on one of these forums asking for activity ideas. Anyone remember cake walks at parties, community events, etc.? Am I alone in this memory? Please, someone say they remember.

Thanks for the pics and comments on your cakes! If anyone else wants to share their experience requesting one, eating one, or playing with one :eek:, let us hear your story.

True story: Hubby and I stayed in a cruise ship cabin where someone before us had a really good time with the icing on a cake. How did we know? There was still green icing on the nightstand beside the bed when we checked into our cabin :D.

My cruise finished on Feb 27; my birthday is on March 3rd-yet there was a cake and bottle of champagne in the cabin when I entered on Feb 15th! I rounded on DH, accusing him of wasting good cruising money when we're not allowed sugar-not him! Rang reception who said it was compliments of Jade!! Took the cake to next day's roll call, so no idea how it tasted (own up, Stefan B?)-enjoyed the champers (with the Queen's Warrant on it -none of your pretend stuff!) without the roll call. :eek: jocap.

Archived