Royal Champions

Admin

read my latest post.

Thanks, I did. Evidently you were in the first bunch of RCers that were chosen that did receive the perk of a free 2-day cruise.

The second bunch of invitees were not given any perks.

Now I'm all straight. ;)

But can you see where this might be confusing to some of us non-RCers? But now that it's clear to me, all I can say is Kumbaya. :)

I have a few questions for the Royal Champions. I am assuming alot of the Royal Champions are diamond and diamond plus and im sure some of you are shareholders. When RC started implementing the cutbacks and taking away some of the perks and stopped allowing combining the discounts and the OBC's did you let RC know about your disatisfaction? Do you provide any feedback on any other matters that you are not happy with. I just wonder if these members could also be a voice for the little people that RC is forgetting about.

I sent snail mail letters to several officers of RCL when they pulled a full time ship out of Texas and joined emailing the different VPs and other email addys I could find.

Im one who got a call back from someone in one of the offices saying they appreciated the feedback and all that and tried to explain to me why Europe was more important and I again presented my feelings on the subject that they were forcing us to go on Carnival out of Texas if we were frequent cruisers (I currently have 7 booked cruises, so 4 months of the year having just Voyager isnt enough for me). Said they would get a lot more of my money by staying full time in Texas.

I have taken the time for the battles I was interested in. I lost my arse on my stock shares too and no happier than most, but think this isnt a battle I can influence .... still working on getting a ship full time in Texas. Pick your battle. I want to cruise more out of Texas on RCL.

I sent snail mail letters to several officers of RCL when they pulled a full time ship out of Texas and joined emailing the different VPs and other email addys I could find.

Im one who got a call back from someone in one of the offices saying they appreciated the feedback and all that and tried to explain to me why Europe was more important and I again presented my feelings on the subject that they were forcing us to go on Carnival out of Texas if we were frequent cruisers (I currently have 7 booked cruises, so 4 months of the year having just Voyager isnt enough for me). Said they would get a lot more of my money by staying full time in Texas.

I have taken the time for the battles I was interested in. I lost my arse on my stock shares too and no happier than most, but think this isnt a battle I can influence .... still working on getting a ship full time in Texas. Pick your battle. I want to cruise more out of Texas on RCL.

Thank you for your response. Being a shareholder ( yes I lost my arse also) and C&A member I too have emailed RC a few times about some of the perks they have taken away. I have also emailed them about not having a full time ship in Galveston. At least you got a call back, I got no response. I went on the Splendour when it was doing the 4 and 5 day and would love to see a full time 7 day ship and also a 4 and 5 day ship. I had a blast on the Conquest and I like Carnival but dont like to go on the same ship over and over.

Thanks, I did. Evidently you were in the first bunch of RCers that were chosen that did receive the perk of a free 2-day cruise.

The second bunch of invitees were not given any perks.

Now I'm all straight. ;)

But can you see where this might be confusing to some of us non-RCers? But now that it's clear to me, all I can say is Kumbaya. :)

2 or 3 more "free" perks and we might have to file bankruptcy.

we got nothing more than a few hundred tas, d+ and media types got except for a couple trinkets and a drink tumbler. that's based on the fact i don't know if they got anything or not.

based on the number of credits some of the rc folks have, we might get invited to the oasis pre because of that.

BTW we just got off the 46 day mariner repo around the horn and did not get invited to either pre out of LA.

OK, same "group", but evidently some of that same group got perks (free 2 day cruise on Liberty) and some did not. Some are adament about not getting any perks and some admit that they did.

That's where some of the confusion may be coming from.

Is that really what everyone is so bent out of shape about? A 2 day free cruise on the Liberty? That cruise was also free to TA's, media, and various other groups too. EVERYONE had to pay their own transportation to/from the port and pre-cruise lodging, costing some Rc's hundreds and hundreds of dollars. They received no cruise credit for this event. What's the big deal?

All I'm sensing is a bit of sour grapes from those that haven't been chosen and a whole lot of jealousy too.

Some people really need to get a life.

If you believe the above link..............then I can tell you that I own 51% or RCI stock!!

Don't worry, I haven't read any of those articles. All of my information comes from this very thread. ;)

Is that really what everyone is so bent out of shape about? A 2 day free cruise on the Liberty? That cruise was also free to TA's, media, and various other groups too. EVERYONE had to pay their own transportation to/from the port and pre-cruise lodging, costing some Rc's hundreds and hundreds of dollars. They received no cruise credit for this event. What's the big deal?

All I'm sensing is a bit of sour grapes from those that haven't been chosen and a whole lot of jealousy too.

Yep..........that's what all the fuss is about. :(

Yes, I agree....some people DO need to get a life. I can assure you that I am not jealous....some are by their own admittance here on this thread. But, not all of us are.

Well, you tell me? Better yet, tell all the other CC's reading this.

You have no big amount of posts, no RC connections, but you are receiving the same rewards, by an invite on the Oasis pre-inaugural, as we are all being accused of taking on other ships?

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black in front of all these other CC's?

People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. :D

I wasn't directly invited, believe me. You are correct that it could indeed be considered a gift, reward, enticement, or maybe just a "thank you". I'm not certain of the motivation behind it.

Look, I really don't take this "Royal Champions" thing very seriously. This whole thing was kicked off in '07, and the MSNBC article is two years too late. When you think about it, it's an obsolete program and I can't imagine any reason why RCI, and whatever hipster marketing firm they employ, would give so much as a passing thought to data-mining an internet forum for marketing purposes - even one entirely relating to cruising - in '09.

I hope you don't think I was picking on any of you; I didn't intend that. I'm just amusing myself as always, don't mind me.

Yep..........that's what all the fuss is about. :(

Wow. I've read many posts on this and other (now deleted) threads, and this is not the way I interpreted "what all the fuss is about." It may be the way some feel (or maybe not, I cannot speak for anyone but me, and trust me, I am not envious of anyone), but I really think you missed the point of the concerns of other posters.

Mojito, anyone? :) Belly on up to the bar! (Where is that smilie with the martini glass?)

pass one my way.............make it a VERY BIG mojito please...just the regular way.....! thanks!

(i think my little smilie guy may help!)

can we just put this to bed for good and get back to our regularly scheduled Royal Caribbean board??????

people will form their own opinions....Adam Goldstein or Richard Fain could come on here and tell us a story like the other RCCL person did, and still people will believe what they want.

[i can't help but think that the "suits" in miami are reading this and laughing hysterically because this is probably EXACTLY what they wanted...discussion of Royal Caribbean..remember this also...Good Press is Good Press, Bad press is Good press, but NO PRESS is BAD press!

Perception is reality-you will never make everyone here believe one side or the other......

it's really just not worth it anymore.......

now, where is that mojito?????

Couple of points

As to how the site I administer is run, by comparison. We have no cruise line bosses breathing down our necks or watching what we say. We are alot smaller than this, but as with big ships, size often loses the personal touch. A case in point....Freedom o/t Seas cruise, it was a group of mates who had a roll call on our site. Unfortunately a few erm...lets say unwanted parasites...arrived and started to cause aggro. Not a problem, we posted warnings that id anyone continued with the childish behaviour they would be booted. So then it stepped up a gear...I guess they thought they would get around us. Yeah right. We shutdown the RCI roll call section to guests (ours are open to read 24/7 by guests normally) and banned 3 parasites. They were not too bright as they re-registered under new names and emails...they had 4 or 5 to choose from...but they did not bank on their IP address. They were banned again and their IP was blocked, our last stand of defence was to moderate all new registrations, so we could cross reference IP's etc. The FOS cruise went ahead and we dropped our precautions as requested. If the same occurred now or in the future the same steps would be taken to ensure that our 'family' is as free as can be of intimidation and upset,

Now you tell me...how many sites would go out of their way to look after their members like that. Yes we are small but we do care about people and no we will not tollerate any form of b*tching or bickering. There have been many times when I have been on here that I have wondered how bad the b*tching has to be before steps are taken...when in fact the site here is too big to govern and keep safe from parasites out to stir up trouble,

Interesting.

At the risk of being forced to delete my own post for violating Community Guidelines, I'll jut say that you've described what goes on behind the scenes of CC many, many times per day.

I have a few questions for the Royal Champions. I am assuming alot of the Royal Champions are diamond and diamond plus and im sure some of you are shareholders. When RC started implementing the cutbacks and taking away some of the perks and stopped allowing combining the discounts and the OBC's did you let RC know about your disatisfaction? Do you provide any feedback on any other matters that you are not happy with. I just wonder if these members could also be a voice for the little people that RC is forgetting about.

I haven't been checking out the threads lately, but I had to jump on and see what was happening after receiving an e-mail directed to Royal Champions (which I am a new one). In light of the discussions, RC wanted to explain what being a Royal Champion meant. I think that this sums it up: "to simply share information with you about various aspects of the Royal Caribbean brand for you to comment upon as you wish, and take feedback from you as input into our decision-making as a brand."

Many of you want to know what it took to get to be a Royal Champion. As others have said, late last year I was asked if I would be willing to become a Royal Champion. I responded "yes" and then received another e-mail asking for my contact information. I never had to agree to or sign up for anything. And, I've never received anything in return. However, what it took- I have no earthly idea. I've sailed on exactly 1 RC cruise. We had a great time and I've posted about my experience. Most of it has been positive, but I have been critical of some aspects. If you don't believe that, you can read my CC review of my criuse. The link is in my signature. However, dispite my belief that there are some things RC can improve upon, they offer a good product and I will most likely sail with them again. Despite being a Royal Champion, I will continue to call it as I see it.

I wasn't directly invited, believe me. You are correct that it could indeed be considered a gift, reward, enticement, or maybe just a "thank you". I'm not certain of the motivation behind it.

Look, I really don't take this "Royal Champions" thing very seriously. This whole thing was kicked off in '07, and the MSNBC article is two years too late. When you think about it, it's an obsolete program and I can't imagine any reason why RCI, and whatever hipster marketing firm they employ, would give so much as a passing thought to data-mining an internet forum for marketing purposes - even one entirely relating to cruising - in '09.

I hope you don't think I was picking on any of you; I didn't intend that. I'm just amusing myself as always, don't mind me.

I have held up the white flag on this. I am tired of the go around for days on end.

I guess you can see how easy it is to be misunderstood.

And I really do hope you enjoy your Oasis cruise.

I call a truce. :D

I have said things these past few days, in self defense, that I should not have and I am finished with that stuff. ;)

EDIT:

I leave you other guys on here: Fight it out among yourselves naysayers, because the RC's are telling the truth. ;)

It is all of you who are not. :(

I'll be glad to answer...........................You Betcha.............I am a D+ Member and a Shareholder...........I emailed and voiced my displeasure about the change in policy.............but with the economy the way it is..............I understand the need for the change at the present time.

Whenever I have a question or concern I call the Offices of Executive Customer Service..........which the little people can do also.:D The number is 1-888-305-4626

Wow. I've read many posts on this and other (now deleted) threads, and this is not the way I interpreted "what all the fuss is about." It may be the way some feel (or maybe not, I cannot speak for anyone but me, and trust me, I am not envious of anyone), but I really think you missed the point of the concerns of other posters.

Unfortunately my concerns are the accusations that the RCs are receiving all kinds of "free" goodies just because they are RC's...........which is totally not true.

And I really believe that is why so many are upset. I've been a member of CC since 2004.............I've learned a lot from this forum. I am now trying to give back, with the cruising experience that I have, to those that might have the same questions I did when I first joined and first started cruising.

People are now saying that, when they read a thread with a reply from a person who has "Royal Champion" in their signature..............they may or may not believe that person because they may not be giving a fair assessment of the situation.

We are all here to help each other.............we will always agree to disagree.

Archived