Royal Champions

Admin

Now this is really alarming. Imagine my angst as I hurried through this editorial wondering if my cc name was in there, because if it had been, I was ready to call my cousin who is a trial lawyer famous for class action suites! I just can't beleive all this. Something that seemed so insignificant just 2 years ago has turned into some kind of stealth hogwash. I know the moderators will probably poof this thread and combine it with the sticky which is so ludicrous and bogus it boggles the mind. Here I was, a happy little cruiser who got included on a pre inaugural because I wrote a stupid little poem and now I'm a lier, a cheat, worse than the coursest politian and as sly as Oil Can Madoff. Never to be trusted by anyone on these boards. WOW! I just spent my own money to get to Miami, take a whirlwind 2 day trip to NOWHERE, got a bag full of cheap trinkets from China that are mostly in the trash now and I wind up infamous. All I do here is hand out useful information about cruising and where to go and do what in a port, answer questions and make new friends and now my name is mud. They want transparency, yet I've had and many others have had the Royal Champion in their signature since Liberty. And yet they all conveniently overlook that. All the while taking any perks from any of the cruise lines they can get their hands on.....just like the rest of us. I loved my pre inaugural, the excitement and being part of a fun group of people. But its been made into an international incident by a bunch of whiners and a couple of questionable news editors. Such is life. I guess the Bible warned us of this happening and by gobs, if it isn't! Oh, well. Can't afford to cruise now anyways because of the mess the country is in. So who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Wow, it just occurred to me that I can solve this little boondoggle. You see, I don't really need Cruise Critic to have fun. I can cruise and just be a part of my local cruising group and just drop this participation here. Sounds good to me...I'm so disillusioned by all this, it offends me. Goodbye

Now this is really alarming. Imagine my angst as I hurried through this editorial wondering if my cc name was in there, because if it had been, I was ready to call my cousin who is a trial lawyer famous for class action suites! I just can't beleive all this. Something that seemed so insignificant just 2 years ago has turned into some kind of stealth hogwash. I know the moderators will probably poof this thread and combine it with the sticky which is so ludicrous and bogus it boggles the mind. Here I was, a happy little cruiser who got included on a pre inaugural because I wrote a stupid little poem and now I'm a lier, a cheat, worse than the coursest politian and as sly as Oil Can Madoff. Never to be trusted by anyone on these boards. WOW! I just spent my own money to get to Miami, take a whirlwind 2 day trip to NOWHERE, got a bag full of cheap trinkets from China that are mostly in the trash now and I wind up infamous. All I do here is hand out useful information about cruising and where to go and do what in a port, answer questions and make new friends and now my name is mud. They want transparency, yet I've had and many others have had the Royal Champion in their signature since Liberty. And yet they all conveniently overlook that. All the while taking any perks from any of the cruise lines they can get their hands on.....just like the rest of us. I loved my pre inaugural, the excitement and being part of a fun group of people. But its been made into an international incident by a bunch of whiners and a couple of questionable news editors. Such is life. I guess the Bible warned us of this happening and by gobs, if it isn't! Oh, well. Can't afford to cruise now anyways because of the mess the country is in. So who cares!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

No one is saying anyone is "Evil or Infamous", the reason I posted this is for people to read and discuss. You guys provide great information to all of us on the board due to your extensive knowlege from numerous cruises.

You have got to learn to come out of your shell. Learn to express yourself! Stop holding it in!

LOL!!!

I have neither the time nor the inclination, but would wager than many of the 'I hate the Royals' spend too much time being negative. This is merely their latest outlet. Do not let those folks get you down! As a matter of fact, don't let anything get you down!!!

Smile! Life is too short, and work and worry only gets in the way of your next cruise!!!!

the article has several words with more than one syllable.....thus the three people who watch MSNBC or read the blogs from their commentators, probably did not understand it.

Yes...this is intended to "irritate" fans of MSNBC, just to be clear. LOL

b) so what if I opened up a can of worms. It certainly does make the most sense. The question though is: what do I base that on? Could just be an invention of my sick little mind. I tend to do that. ?

To me you are just one more person making unbased assumptions about what you dont know to stir the pot. Some seem to enjoy arguing like Jaxon (who at least admits that is her favorite type of thread) and some are pot stirers here. You are stirring the pot, bored? Why make wild conjectures?? just to keep this going I supose. I read nonsense like your made up conjectures based on nothing except that the new RCs are a wide base, of all kinds of people and seem to find fault and say that means the process went wrong (and again probably dont see that as insulting to us). Maybe RCL wanted people from all age brackets and experiences? How do you know they didnt?

the article has several words with more than one syllable.....thus the three people who watch MSNBC or read the blogs from their commentators, probably did not understand it.

Yes...this is intended to "irritate" fans of MSNBC, just to be clear. LOL

LOL, I am a newshound and not a fan of cable media, personally I perfer local papers and BBC for accurate content. Anyhow, your post made me laugh!

I have been thinking about how on earth all of this "news" came about, just this week...and I came to a very sad conclusion and I really really hope I am totally wrong in this...is it because someone somewhere didnt like the fact that more RCs were chosen last year and they werent one of those chosen. Or is it because they dont like some of those chosen in 2008?

There certainly wasnt a big uproar like this way back in 2007....so why now?

Ok just to keep some folks happy ;)...I will tell you something ....I won two tickets through CC to the Cruise Show in London..nothing to do with being a RC...so will I have to add something to my sig/avatar now that states I won a prize on CC ?:D

Oh no...not only am I a RC... I am also a CC prize winner how on earth will I be able to sleep at night :eek::eek::D Perfectly well thank you :D

MSNBC, CNBC, CNN, FOX, ABC, CBS - they're all stupid.

No just the ones that watch 5 out of the 6 and believe that they are getting the news. Those that watch the 1 out of 6 are terrified that the others are out there and some of them may live next door.;)

lol lol

I can be as mean as I want as long as I always remember to add

lol at the end.

Texasmunk and Becci Boo hang in there you guys don't deserve this kind of dumb attention.

jc<---- LOL

To me you are just one more person making unbased assumptions about what you dont know to stir the pot. Some seem to enjoy arguing like Jaxon (who at least admits that is her favorite type of thread) and some are pot stirers here. You are stirring the pot, bored? Why make wild conjectures?? just to keep this going I supose. I read nonsense like your made up conjectures based on nothing except that the new RCs are a wide base, of all kinds of people and seem to find fault and say that means the process went wrong (and again probably dont see that as insulting to us). Maybe RCL wanted people from all age brackets and experiences? How do you know they didnt?

With someone like you having 10k posts you should know the difference between a pot stirrer or not. I am sure you also came across some of my posts. And I find it extremely disturbing that you simply take one quote out of an entire paragraph and essentially put that quote out of context.

Here is the rest of the paragraph

Though most of those sick inventions became reality. How about 35% information, 35% observation and 30% a logical conclusion based on the former two?

I may though put out a disclaimer: information may not come from 'Adam', 'Adam G', Mr Goldstein. I have not met this man, never talked to him and I have no photo op to proof that. :D

This puts the text you quoted in contex.

As a matter of fact the rest quoted by me is much closer to reality than what you quoted.

It is pretty sad that people do continuously attack others (and thats what you have done To me you are just one more person making unbased assumptions about what you dont know to stir the pot ) by using selective quoting.

I think based on your reaction I think I hit a home run with my two - non attacking - posts.

If I look at this entire thread the attacking is continuously made by those defending RCs either by association (being RCs themselves) or by those close to RCs. None of those asking question or just posting out of curiousity have attacked anybody. Why is that? Are you allowed to do that?

I have been thinking about how on earth all of this "news" came about, just this week...and I came to a very sad conclusion and I really really hope I am totally wrong in this...is it because someone somewhere didnt like the fact that more RCs were chosen last year and they werent one of those chosen. Or is it because they dont like some of those chosen in 2008?

Ok just to keep some folks happy ;)...I will tell you something ....I won two tickets through CC to the Cruise Show in London..nothing to do with being a RC...so will I have to add something to my sig/avatar now that states I won a prize on CC ?:D

Oh no...not only am I a RC... I am also a CC prize winner how on earth will I be able to sleep at night :eek::eek::D Perfectly well thank you :D

Congratulations Liz.............

Liz, you are better than that. I know it. Why does everything has to do with jealousy? I have many posts seen where people ask what an RC is.

I think this thing has taken on such proportion because a question was asked, RCs got offended without really answering questions (especially the 'how does one become an RC'), continuous twisting of facts (compensated or not) and the deletion of several threads. It peaked the interest not only from some CCers but also bloggers who read these boards for new material.

This jealousy notion actually becomes quite interesting. For one to be jealous of someone this someone has to have something the other has not. Most often it is material possession but often a certain stand in society. Since I do not know what the materialistic composition of each RCer is, neither do any of the RCers have a coue about the possession a regular CCer has or has not, it seems to me that the notion 'everybody must be jealous' indicates that RCers feel above regular CCers. So far I gave RCers the benefit of the doubt and categorized most of you into the 'proud' category but since this 'jealous' thing appears more and more I may have to change my mindset.

Do you feel superior to regular CCers?

Congratulations Liz.............

Thank you Patti :D

It certainly cheered me up today after such a tough week here.

Oh no...a scary thought...will I have to add to my sig/avatar again after the Cruise Show that I have met some of the CC staff :eek::D

I would hate to upset someone by not disclosing all my details :rolleyes:

Quote: "Rachel Hannock, Manager Loyalty Marketing and Royal Caribbean Cruises shared there story at a recent loyalty marketing conference. Hannock noted, “The key to success in viral marketing is to subtly influence the influencers without them overtly realizing they are being influenced.”

It is the Manager of RCCL Marketing , not any poster here, that plainly stated that the Royal Champions were being influenced in order to influence the rest of us. I understand the Royal Champions genuinely believe this is untrue...but Marketing at RCCL seems to be plainly saying otherwise.

Quote: "In my previous posts, I sited the recent study by Colloquy that found that customers who participate in loyalty-building efforts are 70 percent more likely to actively recommend a product, service or brand than the general population. I thought you might want to see this strategy in action with the Royal Caribbean Cruises’ efforts"

THEY are saying the reward program has influenced YOU. You confirm the marketing study. You were the source of Ms. Hannock's "talk."

The Champions complaint is with RCCL, not any poster here. It is RCCL marketing that has informed us that YOU are part of a viral marketing strategy on this Board to influence the rest of us to their line.

http://www.customerinsightgroup.com/loyaltyblog/?p=46%E2%80%9D

Yay, you go girl. Congrats Liz

Did you note my new sig???? Hee Hee I say don't let the b------ get you down.

Do we feel superior? Now you know better than that. I'm a self denegrator by nature. I'm really just one of you guys, I just won a poetry contest...big hairy deal:cool:

Liz, you are better than that. I know it. Why does everything has to do with jealousy? I have many posts seen where people ask what an RC is.

I think this thing has taken on such proportion because a question was asked, RCs got offended without really answering questions (especially the 'how does one become an RC'), continuous twisting of facts (compensated or not) and the deletion of several threads. It peaked the interest not only from some CCers but also bloggers who read these boards for new material.

This jealousy notion actually becomes quite interesting. For one to be jealous of someone this someone has to have something the other has not. Most often it is material possession but often a certain stand in society. Since I do not know what the materialistic composition of each RCer is, neither do any of the RCers have a coue about the possession a regular CCer has or has not, it seems to me that the notion 'everybody must be jealous' indicates that RCers feel above regular CCers. So far I gave RCers the benefit of the doubt and categorized most of you into the 'proud' category but since this 'jealous' thing appears more and more I may have to change my mindset.

Do you feel superior to regular CCers?

Oh heck no of course I dont feel superior to any other CC member...geez Oliver you do know me better than that.

But if you think back to 2008 when the newest RCs were chosen...dont you remember the comments posted which werent exactly very nice about the RCs?

A lot of it was in fun but some folks did make some rather sneaky comments about the newest RCs, not so much on here perhaps but on other sites around the internet. Google can be very enlightening sometimes.

If I look at this entire thread the attacking is continuously made by those defending RCs either by association (being RCs themselves) or by those close to RCs. None of those asking question or just posting out of curiousity have attacked anybody. Why is that? Are you allowed to do that?

I often shorten the post I am quoting when I want to reply to that person to a particular point they made.

You state as a fact that the attacks are being made are by those defending the RCs, and seem totally unaware that we have been told we are liars, we are biased and have accepted perks, and on and on. You really cannot see that we are the ones being attacked??? really???? I give up. I really do. Im obviously wasting my breath if you think its the RCs who are doing the attacking ....yikes is all I can say. You have no idea how amazed I am that is how you see this. For once Im speechless.

No just the ones that watch 5 out of the 6 and believe that they are getting the news. Those that watch the 1 out of 6 are terrified that the others are out there and some of them may live next door.;)

lol lol

I can be as mean as I want as long as I always remember to add

lol at the end.

Texasmunk and Becci Boo hang in there you guys don't deserve this kind of dumb attention.

jc<---- LOL

I am quoting your entire post because Oliver got all pi$$y about taking things out of context, even though it is tempting to pick out just the statement concerning me:rolleyes: and say, Thanks JC!:)

I often shorten the post I am quoting when I want to reply to that person to a particular point they made.

You state as a fact that the attacks are being made are by those defending the RCs, and seem totally unaware that we have been told we are liars, we are biased and have accepted perks, and on and on. You really cannot see that we are the ones being attacked??? really???? I give up. I really do. Im obviously wasting my breath if you think its the RCs who are doing the attacking ....yikes is all I can say. You have no idea how amazed I am that is how you see this. For once Im speechless.

Sorry, by doing that (shortening) you take a post totally out of contex.

Maybe I am blind too. I am reading this thread and all I see is questions and assumption. This whole 'liar' part developed much later when an RCer or supporter accused someone with question of being a liar but could not bring proof. That's how I read the thread. But looking at your selective quoting I can see how we are on different sides of the issue.

It is very unfortunate that you are trying to drag me into one of those "forum matches" because I of all people was rather supportive of RCers as well as those asking questions while giving my own observations and ideas.

Because to be honest: I could care less about a title and a tag line.

I am certainly done discussing the issue with you because you have an uncanny ability to take apart a rather innocent comment and drag me into a 'forum game'. I am grateful for the moderators to provide this platform and I am not abusing this platform.

Archived