Disappointment on Labadee

Sorry you had a bad experience with the ribs. We were in Labadee three times last year (first time to ever be there) and the ribs were the highlight of our visit there. :D We are not beach people and if it were not for the ribs we might as well stay on the ship.

Sure hope you have a better experience with the ribs next time.:D

Happy sailing.

I don't particularly care for the lunch on Labadee, either.

And I really enjoy the lunch on CocoCay.

I don't know why the quality is so different.

But that has been my experience.

:)

(I truly enjoy a day at each.)

For some it is the only meal they might have had in days. Even if it is dirty they will wash it off and eat it.

Of course if I was a starving Hatian on Labadee and I was given free food of any sort it would be deemed delicious. I always hate these threads where someone has to throw out the guilt trip and point out there is someone who would eat the bones I drop. Look around in your backyard, you dont have to go to Labadee to find these people. This was a valid post about poor cruise food on a cruise private beach.

Reading Comprehension is a must!

Now can someone answer my question without the foolishness

Just so you know, the whole reading comprehension was quite rude.

As someone who cannot taste the difference (nor cares) if it is gas or charcoal i honestly thought you were making a joke.

So, before you go and insult someone ya might wanna come back down to planet earth and not take everything said to you so literally.

Grow up a bit shall we.

I was all set to contest your post, as we found Labadee to be so much better than we expected. However, I agree with you that the food left much to be desired. It was not up to Royal Caribbean standards. Since food - particularly food on shore - is not a high priority to us, I'd pretty much forgotten all about the buffet by the following day. But you are correct, the barbeque on the beach is pretty bad. However, the resort itself - BREATH-TAKING! Don't you agree?

I agree with you. We were there last October and the food was not hot, but almost warm. I do not like the food AT ALL in Labadee. We will go back to the ship and eat a snack when were done at the beach.

Thanks for your input.

I was all set to contest your post, as we found Labadee to be so much better than we expected. However, I agree with you that the food left much to be desired. It was not up to Royal Caribbean standards. Since food - particularly food on shore - is not a high priority to us, I'd pretty much forgotten all about the buffet by the following day. But you are correct, the barbeque on the beach is pretty bad. However, the resort itself - BREATH-TAKING! Don't you agree?

I don't have anywhere near the crusing experience as most CCers, but Labadee is my favorite port despite the food. On my first cruise it was the port I thought I would like least but it turned out to be the best stop we made. I'm not sure if I would take a cruise in the Caribbean without a day in Labadee. It is peaceful and beautiful. I love swimming at Barefoot Beach and looking over at the amazing ship. I also highly recommend the zip line.

Im thinking this is not a "Labadee" issue but rather an issue with the staff in charge of the BBQ. The food comes off the ship and is prepared by the staff from the ship so I dont think that if its good or bad that has anything to do with Labadee. I could be wrong but that is just my initial thought.

One of the reasons we were so disappointed (and I probably should've mentioned this sooner, sorry, my bad) was that the previous night, at dinner (formal night) the exec chef did some major bragging about how delicious his "St Louis BBQ" ribs tasted, and he was bragging about them again the next night!! I didn't have a chance to talk to him about it, but we did leave a note on our comment card.

Yikes! :eek::eek::eek:

Please no offense. :):D

None taken ... I can do a few things quite well, but I've never been a great cook. Of course as the kiddies have flown the nest there's been less & less food to prepare. Mr Chew & I eat LOTS of salads!!

We think Labadee is probably a wonderful resort, but with the fog and the rain we really didn't get a good look at it. Plus it was so chilly that I didn't even want to try a Labadoozie!! :eek: I'd really been looking forward to having one, but I was just a little too cold. I think that's the kind of drink that requires a chaise loungue in the sun, and that nice warm beach-y smell!!

Of course I realize that all of this is our experience and our opinion. We have immensely enjoyed all of our cruises and are busy planning the next few - at least one of which will go back to Labadee - I want that drink!

One of the reasons we were so disappointed (and I probably should've mentioned this sooner, sorry, my bad) was that the previous night, at dinner (formal night) the exec chef did some major bragging about how delicious his "St Louis BBQ" ribs tasted, and he was bragging about them again the next night!! I didn't have a chance to talk to him about it, but we did leave a note on our comment card.

They might have been wonderful ribs when he cooked them -- then the staff onshore dropped the ball and didn't serve them hot!

I can make the most fabulous cake in the world, but if I hand it off to someone who drops it face down in the dirt, it isn't my fault the cake is nasty! :)

SO sorry you had bad weather. :( We found Labadee to be beautiful and relaxing -- a perfect sunny day for swimming and the beach.

On our Freedom of the Seas cruise, Grand Cayman was our bad weather day. I know how that can ruin a port. My boyfriend has no interest in ever returning to Grand Cayman - didn't like it. I think his opinion might be more positive had the weather been better and we'd been able to enjoy the port.

Archived