Pics of solstice inside cabin & storage question

brenderlou

We are looking at a Jan. Solstice cruise and wondered if anyone had pics of an inside cabin they would share. Was also wondering about storage space.....

We were on the Century last month and couldn't get over the amount of storage the inside cabin had. When we walked in the cabin, there was a short "hallway" (bathroom on one side) a/ 3 tall closets on one side that we couldn't get over. Some had shelves and draws, some just straight closet space that we could hang clothes and put our luggage in as well.

Does the Solstice have the same design for inside cabin as the Century?

We are looking at a Jan. Solstice cruise and wondered if anyone had pics of an inside cabin they would share. Was also wondering about storage space.....

We were on the Century last month and couldn't get over the amount of storage the inside cabin had. When we walked in the cabin, there was a short "hallway" (bathroom on one side) a/ 3 tall closets on one side that we couldn't get over. Some had shelves and draws, some just straight closet space that we could hang clothes and put our luggage in as well.

Does the Solstice have the same design for inside cabin as the Century?

Hi Brenderlou !

The design and location of the closets on Solstice are completely different than Century. Several have said they weren't thrilled with closet layout on Solstice. However, for a 7 night Cruise, it should be fine. Enjoy your Cruise !

We were in an inside cabin on the March 1 sailing. The room is the most spacious of any insides I've seen on a cruise ship. There was PLENTY of storage space in the cabin. It doesn't have a lot of drawers (none of the cabins do, regalrdess of inside, oceanview or balcony) but there is overhead storage over the bed, you can store your bags under the bed. The closets are small, but we had plenty of room or our hanging stuff.

I have pictures and just haven't had a chance to put them up yet, but I will this week.

Beware, there are 2 types of insides but the Celebrtiy people hardly know this. If you read their description of an inside it will tell you that every cabin has a sofa. Not so. Some, like in the photos referenced above, have 2 chairs instead of a sofa, and seem to be larger, and IMO more desirable. The ones with the sofas are the same layout as every other balcony cabin.

The squarer larger ones seem to be aft of the forward stairwell, except for the ones on 3 deck, which you should avoid. So my advice is to pick one of these.

And my guess about the storage is that Solstice has just a bit more than half the storage of a C class, but for 7 days you will manage. I did.

In these larger insides aft of the forward stairs you can actually stand in front of the closet. You can't do that in any of the balcony cabins.

Thanks for posting some great photos. I'd really like to try Solstice next! Did you use the solarium area - it looks really inviting.

We spent all of our pool time in the Solarium pool. My only complaint was that the air conditioning in there was too cold - most people sat with towels over them on the loungers. But it was pretty quiet compared to the other pool area.

Th cabins that you see pictured were cat. 9 inside cabins. We did feel there was a lot more room in the cabin with the two chairs instead of a couch.

Lovely pictures !!! Thanks for posting your picture of Labadee and Tortola.

Now, I can see what I missed.

Uh oh - why did you miss them? (We actually had two in our group that were quarantined to their cabins with norovirus for those two days - hope that isn't why you missed those ports!!)

...I have taken quite a few detailed pictures of the storage components, which I understand are the same in the inside cabins as they are in balcony cabins...they are just laid out differently. Someone who has actually sailed in an inside cabin can correct me if I'm wrong :o.

http://leftcoasters.smugmug.com/gallery/7051726_Pzoiv#P-1-15

There was actually more storage room than we expected, and as two women travelling together, we found there was enough space for everything. The above-bed storage is a challenge if you are under 5'3" (my daughter's height, and she was able to reach into those cabinets), but we didn't use them. There was lots of room under the bed for all our suitcases.

There is TONS of storage in the bathroom, and I moved some things that I keep in packing cubes into the bathroom.

I have written notes under most pictures to describe any challenges we found with the individual storage components.

...I have taken quite a few detailed pictures of the storage components, which I understand are the same in the inside cabins as they are in balcony cabins...they are just laid out differently. Someone who has actually sailed in an inside cabin can correct me if I'm wrong :o.

http://leftcoasters.smugmug.com/gallery/7051726_Pzoiv#P-1-15

There was actually more storage room than we expected, and as two women travelling together, we found there was enough space for everything. The above-bed storage is a challenge if you are under 5'3" (my daughter's height, and she was able to reach into those cabinets), but we didn't use them. There was lots of room under the bed for all our suitcases.

There is TONS of storage in the bathroom, and I moved some things that I keep in packing cubes into the bathroom.

I have written notes under most pictures to describe any challenges we found with the individual storage components.

Elena, these are great pictures and so helpful in trying to decide how to pack for an 11-night cruise. I'm 5'2" so the storage above the bed will be hard for me to reach. Thanks for taking the time to post these and for thinking about all of us future cruisers! :)

Elena, these are great pictures and so helpful in trying to decide how to pack for an 11-night cruise. I'm 5'2" so the storage above the bed will be hard for me to reach. Thanks for taking the time to post these and for thinking about all of us future cruisers! :)

You're very welcome. We sailed on the Solstice on December 8th, and there were lots of questions about storage at that time, so I took extra pictures. My daughter thought I was quite obsessive :).

I should have mentioned...the bathrooms are fabulous, and if the cost for having such a great bathroom and generous shower stall is a slightly awkward entry to the closet, I am willing to live with that.

By the way, we loved the Solstice, and are very excited to be sailing on her again (in May) for 11 days on the eastern Med. I'm especially happy to be bringing my DH along this time to enjoy the lovely ship. He packs more than either my daughter or I, but I think we'll still be okay with the storage! (He's going to get relegated to the over-the-bed cupboards, for sure!)

Wow! Thanks to all for sharing the great photos! I really appreciate all the small cabin details. We are booked in a CC cabin on the Equinox so I am excited to see all the 'stuff' we can look forward to. Looks like lots and lots of drawer/shelf storage so I will know to pack in cubes or zip bags to store in these areas. The hanging storage looks to be very small for our 10 day trip, my DH will have no problem getting to the over the bed storage, will make a good spot for shoes and purchases..we plan on doing our christmas shopping on this cruise.

Thanks again for the great photos!

Bev

Wow! Thanks to all for sharing the great photos! I really appreciate all the small cabin details. We are booked in a CC cabin on the Equinox so I am excited to see all the 'stuff' we can look forward to. Looks like lots and lots of drawer/shelf storage so I will know to pack in cubes or zip bags to store in these areas. The hanging storage looks to be very small for our 10 day trip, my DH will have no problem getting to the over the bed storage, will make a good spot for shoes and purchases..we plan on doing our christmas shopping on this cruise.

Thanks again for the great photos!

Bev

I think because I didn't have to pack for "informal" nights, the demands on the hanging closet space were reduced for us. I was surprised that we were able to get everything into the closet without removing the huge bathrobes (which we never wore...I bring lightweight robes from home).

As a cautionary note, you might want to take a look at the hinges on the above-bed storage before you put heavy items like shoes up there. I don't think there were locks on those cabinets (such as they have in RV's) and personally, I wouldn't put anything up there that I wasn't willing to have drop on my head in the case of rough weather.

Uh oh - why did you miss them? (We actually had two in our group that were quarantined to their cabins with norovirus for those two days - hope that isn't why you missed those ports!!)

Norovirus? That explains why I saw them bleaching the floor on deck 10. Those pictures are very beautiful, I was on the same cruise. Celebrity Solstice looks very familiar to me now. I was in a C2 with three people! There was plenty of room in there.

My only complaint was no 10x magnification mirror to put on makeup. The solarium was very nice. I enjoyed the atmosphere. It was quiet, nice calming music, and I thought the temperature was just right.

• 1 year later...
I finally loaded pics to Webshots - you can see the inside cabin here:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/570612400masiMi

I know this thread is a year old but thank you for those pictures:)

I only sailed her for 2 nights back in 2008 and am thinking about

trying her for a "regular cruise" and right now inside cabins are

quite reasonable:D

Sounds like you were happy with the cabin!:D

Looks like lots and lots of drawer/shelf storage

In the photo referenced, the drawers seen are the only drawer space in the cabin. The cabinets next to the drawers contain the safe (upper) and the fridge/mini bar (lower). The lack of drawer space was my only (minor)complaint about the cabin on our recent Equinox sailing.

Archived