What to do in BELIZE or ROATON

traut101202

?? for all we are deciding what to do between these 2 islands...

Ziplining in Belize or Roaton???

What to do in the other island then...

Which island has the better beach day that we want to relax and snorkel??

We have read quite a bit that the cave tubing is just OK.....Only 45 minutes to tube and the rest was in travel, is that rue?

Obviously in Grand Cayman we are going to do the stingray city..

Cozumel we are going to snorkel, it was the best snorkeling I ever did in the past........

Roaton?

Belize?

We have no idea what to do in these 2 days.....

Any suggestions????

We have read quite a bit that the cave tubing is just OK.....Only 45 minutes to tube and the rest was in travel, is that rue?

Cozumel we are going to snorkel, it was the best snorkeling I ever did in the past........

Roaton?

Belize?

Any suggestions????

If you like snorkeling in Cozumel, then you will be blown away with the snorkeling at Tabayana Beach on Roatan. It makes Coz look like a cloudy lake.

I can second Fins and Flippers. Our whole family went and everyone from the 8 yr old to the 80 yr old had a wonderful day. For snorkeling we just walked out to the end of their pier and down the ladder and we were on the reef. Their pool was spectacular and the beach and grounds were great. Drinks were delicious and around $5. Best thing they picked us up in a boat and we could see the ship from the island. Really close.

We did the Talum Ha Ruins tour in Belize. It was amazing!

Altun Ha- Tulum is in Mexico. I enjoyed these ruins also and did a river cruise one way which was also great. We saw a ton of native wildlife.

Roaton?

Belize?

Any suggestions????

You should go to Ports of Call for extensive information on this.

I've cave-tubed in Belize. I think I would have enjoyed it much more if it wasn't dry season when I did it. I didn't do it through Carnival, BTW.

I've also gone to Lamanai Ruins in Belize. A long trip but worth it if you're into ruins.

Roatan....I've zip-lined. Awesome time up in the trees. But now I go to Fins & Flippers when in Roatan.

I can honestly say that an excursion in Roatan on our honeymoon was the best one I've ever done.

Just a tip; I ALWAYS book my own excursions on my own. I do not do the ones thru the ship...too expensive and usually not organized (that last one is my own personal observation).

I'm going to link you to my post from about 3 years ago. I plan to go here again my next time there. It was fabulous! (of course, the prices I'm certain have changed but I would still pay for it and do it all again)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=345385

:)

We have done the cave tubing in Belize and enjoyed it very much. The trip was a bit long but not bad. The hike through the jungle before tubing was very interesting.

We have also visited Tulum and that was amazing.

Don't think you would be disappointed with either.

In Roatan, we used Cinthia and Diana and spent the day at the Mayan Princess resort. It was PERFECT!! Beautiful beach and a pool to die for. We felt really safe and were well taken care of. Beach massages too. As far as Belize, we have tubed with Coral Breeze twice and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Two of my all-time favorite ports.

Belize (first time) - Belize Zoo and City Tour. Excellent because we got tons of information about Belize, Belize City, and the zoo. We also got to see lots of animals native to the country...a•w•e•s•o•m•e!

Belize (second time) - Lamanai and New River Tour. Excellent because we got to see the waterway and animals that hang out there, got to see a nice ruin site, learned quite a bit about the site and the people who lived there, walked through the jungle to get from one temple to another, heard howler monkeys goofing around - and dropping things from the tree top, and got to climb one of the temples...a•w•e•s•o•m•e!

Belize (third time) - Who knows because there are quite a few options, but it will be fun and educational :cool:.

Roatan (first time and second time) - Tabyana Beach. So beautiful and relaxing! Love it.

Roatan (third time) - Victor Bodden tour, Fins & Flippers, or Tabyana Beach again :).

In Belize we have done horseback riding through the jungle (long bus trip, but fun excursion) and a canoe trip with wine tasting (really enjoyed it, but don't see it on Carnival's web site now). Both were booked through the cruise line for safety concerns. We enjoyed both very much.

In Roatan, we booked ziplining privately as a group through Victor Bodden. Service was excellent and we had a terrific time (especially the teenagers). I don't think I'd do it again unless in the USA with inspections and safety measures as I've read or heard of too many injuries. Looking back, I must have been nuts to do it....

Altun Ha- Tulum is in Mexico. I enjoyed these ruins also and did a river cruise one way which was also great. We saw a ton of native wildlife.

I have scheduled this trip for April 8th. Do you have any further insight about his trip? What time of year did you go? I was hoping to see lots of native wildlife too, on the river cruise! There is not a opportunity to get in the water, is there? I was wondering wheather to wear suit under clothing?

Thank you!

I read Carnival no longer has their beach excursion to Bannister Island. Anyone use Eco Tours to go there?

I believe the private beach break excursion is Bannister Island with CCL. At least that is what some people on this site said that have recently been.

I have scheduled this trip for April 8th. Do you have any further insight about his trip? What time of year did you go? I was hoping to see lots of native wildlife too, on the river cruise! There is not a opportunity to get in the water, is there? I was wondering wheather to wear suit under clothing?

Thank you!

You wouldn't want to do that- lots of crocs in the

water.:eek:. We saw monkeys in the trees, lots of crocs, quite a few iguanas sunning themselves. You may see manatees and dolphins , but we didn't in January.

You wouldn't want to do that- lots of crocs in the

water.:eek:. We saw monkeys in the trees, lots of crocs, quite a few iguanas sunning themselves. You may see manatees and dolphins , but we didn't in January.

Sounds great...OK, NO, not getting in water! :eek:

Archived