the constellation?

dahirsh

I was on the Constellation 2 years ago when it was brand new, & the food is the best overall I 've had on a cruise so far, both in terms of quality & variety. Everybody have different tastes, but I don't recall anything that's to be avoided. :)

Was on the Connie April 2003 and Jan 2004.. After 16 cruises and all had good food, I was very impressed with the food on the Constellation. All Food from the Spa, to the main Seating to the Sushi bar was beautifully prepared and hot as it should be. Desserts were to die for. First Connie cruise was the best for desserts but second was also great. We never had a bad meal. A must do is the Speciality Resturant "Ocean Liners". Worth it!!! You will love this ship..

OK, what food items are don't miss and what are ones to avoid on The Constellation?

All the cream soups

On the first night the Mushroom Fuilette-a warm stuffed pastry as an appetizer-most people order the shrimp cocktail,but that is available EVERY night just for the asking.

the guacamole at the mexican lunch is superb.

THE BEST THING ON THE CRUISE IS THE GOAT CHEESE SOUFFLE AT THE SPEACIALTY RESTAURANT

The cova cafe also has superb croissants-chocolate or almond.

Most of the beef is very good. The gnocchi at sformal lunch are a must have.

The veal chop is great The lobster at farewell dinner is just so-so

I went on the Constellation last year and by far they had the best food I've ever had on a cruise line. Everywhere. We went to the specialty restaurant Ocean Liners, don't miss the goat cheese appetizer...yummm. I had to spend every day in the gym just to combat all the eating I was doing. The food in the dining room was out of this world. I'm not a big beef eater, and usually prefer to eat fish. VERY FEW people know how to cook fish, especially in mass quantities like they do. It was delicious, cooked to perfection and several different choices every night. My seven year old daughter even started eating soups, they were so good! Enjoy!

Was on the Connie April 2003 and Jan 2004.. After 16 cruises and all had good food, I was very impressed with the food on the Constellation. All Food from the Spa, to the main Seating to the Sushi bar was beautifully prepared and hot as it should be. Desserts were to die for. First Connie cruise was the best for desserts but second was also great. We never had a bad meal. A must do is the Speciality Resturant "Ocean Liners". Worth it!!! You will love this ship..

We were also on at the same time. Can't beat it. Thought the pastries and desserts in April 2003 were right out of Payard Patissiere in NYC. Best ever.

HAL 6 times

Princess 6 times

Cunard 1 time

Celebrity 3 times

• 1 month later...

hi...I was on Constellation last month:D ...oh my goodness.....the food was AWESOME......definitely try that Goat Cheese Souflee in the Specialty Restaurant......the texture and flavor are unreal!

Debby.......the dessert souflee we had was a "Grand Marnier" souflee...it was FABULOUS as well:)

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the food on the Constellation when we were on in December. We went to Ocean Liners a couple of times this last trip and enjoyed everything we had. We did order the chocolate souffle, even though it wasn't on the menu. It was great! The goat cheese souffle was the best I have ever had. I didn't really think the buffet lunches were that great, but eating the spa food made up for what the buffet lacked. The salmon at the spa was totally enjoyable. I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise and the food.

Katie

• 4 weeks later...

We were on the Connie twice in 2004. January and April. First saw the best pastries ever tasted in that people were saying forget the Captain let's meet the pastry chef. Second cruise pastries were very good but not as good as #1. Highlight that trip was Captain Papanicholau. Best entertainer on the cruise. If you don't believe it, ask him!! We loved the Connie. Can't go wrong. Just off the Horizon on Jan 21 and found the crowds for food less on the Connie that the Horizon. Waits were longer on the Horizon although the Horizon is considerably smaller than the Connie, Go figure.!!

We were on the Conny and Mercury last year. I felt the Ocean Liners restaurant was overblown compared to other specialty restaurants on previous ships. The service was so over attentive that I complained to the m'd. Each course required every server and captain and bus boy to ask our opinion. I finally had to ask them to allow us to eat our meal undisturbed. The Mercury didn't have a specialty rest. but the meat each night was prepared perfectly done (rare to Medium rare) for lamb and beef. I will be sailing on Prindess this time and I hope that they are as good whether in the main dining room or steak house. The online menus seem quite good except for Caribbean night. Well theres always shrimp cocktail and steak.

Archived